Xbone worth it just for halo MP?

#1scarface_jrPosted 9/2/2014 10:40:59 AM
I already have one but have been thinking about selling it for awhile now. My only concern is I'm diehard halo guy. I've been saying since h3 died competetivily how I miss/wanted the online to be what it was, but something makes me feel like it won't be. Have no intentions on playing anything other than the MCC for mlg customs and MM with the few friends who are getting this. Idk what happened after halo 3 but imo the gaming community got more casual and 90% of the people you see in a MP game now has no teamwork, no awareness, and doesn't bother to get good at a game and just plays it like it's CoD. I know people who are saying "Halo's back!" but based on that one PAX video. Halo 3 was pretty much the only game I would play during it's prime with a few random games here and there to play when no one was on. I own both the PS4/xbone as well as a gaming PC if that helps. If I still had a disposable income i'd keep the thing, but since I don't and halo is the only game i'd want to play i'd like some opinions. I don't want this topic turning into a fanboy console war. If 90% of the "exclusives" from MS didn't end up on PC i'd think about keeping the xbone over PS4, but PS4 exclusives that I've seen so far to make me keep it; so no "Get rid of the PS4 instead" comments please.

My main concern with keeping it is not being able to get at least half of my money back from the thing if the halo community dies or isn't the same anymore. I just have this strange feeling it's not going to be the same as it used to be.
---
PSN:ItsJustJoker GT:The Suprise Van Don't Stop Bolieving http://i.imgur.com/Dvt6NvW.jpg.
#2dnmtPosted 9/2/2014 10:41:21 AM
No.
#3TullyBlanchardPosted 9/2/2014 10:45:30 AM
You didn't really expect us to read all that, did you?
---
PSN and Nintendo Network ID: Dagatassy
#4GuiltySoul2005Posted 9/2/2014 10:47:20 AM
Its never going to be the same as it was. The nostalgia effect will probably wear off pretty quickly. But I don't understand why you would sell the console. You already have it, might as well keep it, you can't be that hard up for a couple hundred $$$ considering you already own ps4 and PC. Just keep it. Halo 5 might change everything ...
---
PSN: Bigboss-x
#5GuiltySoul2005Posted 9/2/2014 10:48:07 AM
TullyBlanchard posted...

This is a forum, what do you expect to do here if not read?
---
PSN: Bigboss-x
#6ThatLaoGuyPosted 9/2/2014 10:50:13 AM
No. Hell, all the games in DA world wouldn't make me buy an xbone.
Just pass
---
If you want to see grown men online throw tantrums, visit the xbone board.
#7kyncaniPosted 9/2/2014 10:50:13 AM
GuiltySoul2005 posted...
TullyBlanchard posted...

LolWOT ?

( WOT = Wall Of Text )
#8scarface_jr(Topic Creator)Posted 9/2/2014 10:57:54 AM
GuiltySoul2005 posted...
Its never going to be the same as it was. The nostalgia effect will probably wear off pretty quickly. But I don't understand why you would sell the console. You already have it, might as well keep it, you can't be that hard up for a couple hundred $$$ considering you already own ps4 and PC. Just keep it. Halo 5 might change everything ...

At the time when I got it I had a disposable income. But **** happens so I could use the money from it for other stuff now. I also only got it because I thought I'd have to wait a year to get a PS4 *took me around a year to get a PS3 because they were always sold out around me*. Currently waiting to hear back from a few places atm so if anything I can just re-buy one once I have another "real" job again and it has more games that I might want to play. Selling it now would just help out the process of only relying on art selling for a little longer than keeping it for a 60% chance of being disappointed in the end

And sorry to the dude who can't read more than a sentence. Reading is hard I guess. Tho it also didn't seem like it was that long to me, but then again I'm a fast typer so that could be why.
---
PSN:ItsJustJoker GT:The Suprise Van Don't Stop Bolieving http://i.imgur.com/Dvt6NvW.jpg.
#9DeadParmoPosted 9/2/2014 10:59:53 AM
GuiltySoul2005 posted...
TullyBlanchard posted...

We shouldn't judge maybe he gets confused by 10 words or more.
#10leatheljPosted 9/2/2014 11:03:15 AM
90% of xb1 games go to PC? Smh stop saying stupid stuff any way i don't know why you just won't keep it's not even far in it's life cycle if halo is all you care a out from all the games ms has shown then you need to get interested in other games and stop being jaded. The halo community and it's different or dieing or it's casual blah blah just sounds like your salty from something. you either sell your xb1 or don't period make a choice.
---
Every one has there own opinions unless theirs is stupid.