As a gamer, what warms your heart in videogaming?

#31SubSeenixPosted 9/2/2014 3:14:09 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#32richboy900Posted 9/2/2014 10:11:56 PM
Free dlc like on GTA v. So rare these days.
#33blacklabelicePosted 9/2/2014 11:01:26 PM(edited)
all the innovative ways that i can kill my wife (or get her killed) on skyrim.
#34CaIiber345Posted 9/2/2014 11:01:39 PM
Scaling a huge mythical beast in stages, stabbing it's ancient, unreadable runes repeatedly and frantically as it explodes fountains of black blood and bucks and writhes to throw me off, and then feeling the primal rage of victory over such a Colossus in brutal combat while simultaneously mourning its loss and feeling horribly, infinitely guilty, sad, reprehensible, and contemptible at my heinous action against such a magnificent, majestic, beautiful creature.
---
Waiting for: No Man's Sky, Axiom Verge, Bloodborne, DayZ, Elder Scrolls VI, Escape Goat 2, Fallout 4,
MKX, Rime, The Last Guardian.
#35KrazyTheKlown10Posted 9/2/2014 11:09:19 PM
The codec conversations in MGS3 and being able to interact with lots of items in games.
---
Pam Grier follows me on Twitter so I don't care what you have to say.
#36Crystyn_7BPosted 9/2/2014 11:13:44 PM
Mordin Solus
---
GT:Schreckstoff PSN: JudasInHell
Destiny Clan: Inquisition (http://www.bungie.net/en/Clan/Detail/164812)
#37stehvPosted 9/2/2014 11:13:59 PM
CaIiber345 posted...
Scaling a huge mythical beast in stages, stabbing it's ancient, unreadable runes repeatedly and frantically as it explodes fountains of black blood and bucks and writhes to throw me off, and then feeling the primal rage of victory over such a Colossus in brutal combat while simultaneously mourning its loss and feeling horribly, infinitely guilty, sad, reprehensible, and contemptible at my heinous action against such a magnificent, majestic, beautiful creature.

and my horse.
---
gamertag: crim cram
PSN: vibracaust
#38kungfuj0Posted 9/2/2014 11:17:18 PM
When mundane things like sinks and toilets work in games. No, they are not all that useful in terms of gaming purposes, but I still go "Cool" when I try to flush an in-game toilet and it works.

Seeing other little realistic touches in games. Like the way the convertible tops in cars raise and lower in GTAV or seeing the wing on a Porsche move realistically in a game.

The sound that a perfectly timed uppercut in MK makes. I have loved that sound for DECADES now!

The sound that phantoms in ME3 sometimes make when they die. LOVE that sound!!!

A good throaty V8 engine rumble in a racing game. That **** is almost good enough to induce orgasm!

Seeing something crazy or unexpected in the end credits of games that I just beat. I always watch the credits roll after I've beaten a game...kind of a victory cigar moment for me...and it's always cool when they throw a little something extra in those credits.
---
Sometimes I honestly think that Online is the WORST thing that ever happened to gaming.
#39Ulyaoth74Posted 9/2/2014 11:24:53 PM
Watching my girl friend play video games. I can beat my favorite game ten times over, but I will always play it the same. When I show my favorites to her she will play them in her own way, a way different than mine. She will find stuff I missed even though I beat it so many times. She will tackle the same problem but in a different way, showing me new ways to play the game. This makes my favorites games almost new again so that I can experience them in a fresh new way. I'm able to share my passion with the love of my life and in doing so, she makes my passion even more special.

That is the best experience I can get and the thing that warms my heart in video gaming.
---
"Can you draw two M&Ms fighting with katanas?" -Me
http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/9606/mmfight.png -aDubiousNotion
#40SigmaLongshot(Topic Creator)Posted 9/3/2014 9:04:09 AM
Ulyaoth74 posted...
Watching my girl friend play video games. I can beat my favorite game ten times over, but I will always play it the same. When I show my favorites to her she will play them in her own way, a way different than mine. She will find stuff I missed even though I beat it so many times. She will tackle the same problem but in a different way, showing me new ways to play the game. This makes my favorites games almost new again so that I can experience them in a fresh new way. I'm able to share my passion with the love of my life and in doing so, she makes my passion even more special.

That is the best experience I can get and the thing that warms my heart in video gaming.

This was a lovely post.

Actually, in our company there are a small percentage of QC/QA that are hired with absolutely no gaming experience, because subjectively, they're better at "breaking" a game! But I agree with you, it's super sweet when you've been through a particular scenario a million times but hand the pad to an inexperienced gamer - my mum would tilt her entire body playing Sonic, and actually uttered the line, "who would know you have to push crates around to get through?" (something that, even ten years down the line, I'll never forget - crates are right up there with coins and red barrels in gaming tropes!)
---
XB1/XB360/Wii U: TotoMimo
PS4: Gooey_Toto ADD ME OR FACE THE UN-ADDED CONSEQUENCES! Which are nothing.