As a gamer, what warms your heart in videogaming?

#41ChiliPupPosted 9/3/2014 9:07:14 AM
Ulyaoth74 posted...
Watching my girl friend play video games. I can beat my favorite game ten times over, but I will always play it the same. When I show my favorites to her she will play them in her own way, a way different than mine. She will find stuff I missed even though I beat it so many times. She will tackle the same problem but in a different way, showing me new ways to play the game. This makes my favorites games almost new again so that I can experience them in a fresh new way. I'm able to share my passion with the love of my life and in doing so, she makes my passion even more special.

That is the best experience I can get and the thing that warms my heart in video gaming.

But... but... but... fanboys! And 1080p! And 60fps! And timed exclusive! You're doing it wrong!

Seriously... that was beautiful. There is hope yet.

---
---
[This moderator or administrator was deleted at the request of this message.]
#42regsantotomasPosted 9/3/2014 9:20:01 AM
Seeing my son smile while either watching me play, playing co-op/vs, or seeing him enjoy a game.
---
If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything - Mark Twain
#43AWarAmp84Posted 9/3/2014 9:23:33 AM
For me it's some of the people I've played with over the years. I've met random people online while playing various games that I've had on my friends list for years and even though there are times when we go months without playing with each other, when we finally do again it's like we never stopped. Hell, I have a XBL friend that I've been gaming with since 2006. That's almost ten years! Unfortunately befriending random cool people on XBL is a thing of the past. Nowadays you're lucky to hear one person talking on any game lobby. What a shame.
---
Not taking Gamefaqs seriously since 2004. Gamefaqs mods are a joke.
#44redditon4chanPosted 9/3/2014 9:23:34 AM
Ulyaoth74 posted...
Watching my girl friend play video games. I can beat my favorite game ten times over, but I will always play it the same. When I show my favorites to her she will play them in her own way, a way different than mine. She will find stuff I missed even though I beat it so many times. She will tackle the same problem but in a different way, showing me new ways to play the game. This makes my favorites games almost new again so that I can experience them in a fresh new way. I'm able to share my passion with the love of my life and in doing so, she makes my passion even more special.

That is the best experience I can get and the thing that warms my heart in video gaming.

Awesome.

This story reminds me back when Mortal Kombat came out in 2011. It had been out for a week or two and me and 4 buddies had already had some decent experience - and generally know at least a thing or two about fighting games in general.

5th dude who does not own the game and has the most minimal amount of fighter experience possible enters the picture and finally tries after a few beers and none of us really did too well against him. He was just way too unpredictable.
#45Asthenia182Posted 9/3/2014 9:31:45 AM
dueric posted...
In fairness, your niece is a child.

Yeah best part about being an adult is whining about hilariously inconsequential problems.
---
XP>
#46Mvsevm_of_SkinPosted 9/3/2014 9:34:40 AM
When my wife asks "Is this two player?"

Though it breaks my heart when I have to explain that yes, it's two player, but it's online only, and not couch co-op. :(
---
Welcome to the Virtual Asylum
#47Ulyaoth74Posted 9/4/2014 1:59:07 AM
SigmaLongshot posted...
This was a lovely post.

Actually, in our company there are a small percentage of QC/QA that are hired with absolutely no gaming experience, because subjectively, they're better at "breaking" a game! But I agree with you, it's super sweet when you've been through a particular scenario a million times but hand the pad to an inexperienced gamer - my mum would tilt her entire body playing Sonic, and actually uttered the line, "who would know you have to push crates around to get through?" (something that, even ten years down the line, I'll never forget - crates are right up there with coins and red barrels in gaming tropes!)

That's exactly right. She doesn't play many games so she really thinks outside the box. Definitely differently than other gamers as I've seen, For example, my play style is really similar to my friends and when I watch them, they would do things that I would have as well.

All though she is inexperienced, she does kick ass. I'm taking her through Dark Souls at the moment and she is killing bosses with less deaths than I had. It's really amazing to see that with my jaw agape. Also Dark Souls has so many freaking secrets, it's always exciting to see what she will find that I missed.
---
"Can you draw two M&Ms fighting with katanas?" -Me
http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/9606/mmfight.png -aDubiousNotion
#48SnickleseedPosted 9/4/2014 2:07:36 AM
Watching all the MLG worshipping tryhards ragequit a match when they start losing
---
not changing this sig until "being an idiot" is a moderation reason
#49SigmaLongshot(Topic Creator)Posted 9/4/2014 7:02:16 AM
Ulyaoth74 posted...
SigmaLongshot posted...
This was a lovely post.

Actually, in our company there are a small percentage of QC/QA that are hired with absolutely no gaming experience, because subjectively, they're better at "breaking" a game! But I agree with you, it's super sweet when you've been through a particular scenario a million times but hand the pad to an inexperienced gamer - my mum would tilt her entire body playing Sonic, and actually uttered the line, "who would know you have to push crates around to get through?" (something that, even ten years down the line, I'll never forget - crates are right up there with coins and red barrels in gaming tropes!)

That's exactly right. She doesn't play many games so she really thinks outside the box. Definitely differently than other gamers as I've seen, For example, my play style is really similar to my friends and when I watch them, they would do things that I would have as well.

All though she is inexperienced, she does kick ass. I'm taking her through Dark Souls at the moment and she is killing bosses with less deaths than I had. It's really amazing to see that with my jaw agape. Also Dark Souls has so many freaking secrets, it's always exciting to see what she will find that I missed.

Playing with a non-gamer really makes you a better gamer too. You slow down, appreciate more. You become more caring, stop going purely for high scores and start to look for ways to co-operating and shelter them from harm.

Naturally, over the past few years gaming with my ex, I've grown to love playing as the medic class...
---
XB1/XB360/Wii U: TotoMimo
PS4: Gooey_Toto ADD ME OR FACE THE UN-ADDED CONSEQUENCES! Which are nothing.
#50gogogodzillaPosted 9/4/2014 8:46:36 PM
Flying monkeys flinging poo at my enemies.

That warms my heart.

So do machine gun toting penguins.
---
My Chicken says, "Cluck!"