Worse control schemes in some games.

#1DVentPosted 9/2/2014 6:46:51 PM
Why does it seem that some developers go out of there way to make the worse control schemes in games? Super Time Force and Warframe seem interesting enough but the controls just really turn me away from the games. I don't think it's the complexity of the games either because other games that have multiple control schemes play fine and add to the enjoyment of the game.
---
XBOX and Steam Gamertag - DVent360
#2CammyApplePosted 9/2/2014 6:51:31 PM
Play them on PC if you can and remap the controls in any way you like. I don't get why consoles don't have that feature, still.
---
Everything's shiny, Cap'n. Not to fret.
Go hardcore with glitter on the floor.
#3J90074Posted 9/2/2014 7:13:27 PM
Sometimes it's because of the arrogance of the director making the game. Ex. Too Human. It was a fun game that was not user friendly due to that fat guy who's name isn't relevant anymore.
---
gt= havikzero
SSBB FC:0989-1407-2689
#4nickr2d2Posted 9/2/2014 7:17:52 PM
Yeah, I don't get why some games still don't allow Complete control customization.
---
Monocle monocle tophat monocle
#5Crystyn_7BPosted 9/2/2014 7:18:57 PM
CammyApple posted...
Play them on PC if you can and remap the controls in any way you like. I don't get why consoles don't have that feature, still.

Warframe allows you to remap every button and even has options available that aren't in the default layout.

The given control scheme is pretty bad but a few minor tweaks make it much better.
Now the targeting is truly horrible the sticks just have an insane dead zone for some reason. You have to move it like halfway for the crosshair to even budge.
---
GT:Schreckstoff PSN: JudasInHell
Destiny Clan: Inquisition (http://www.bungie.net/en/Clan/Detail/164812)
#6AttackOnTitanPosted 9/2/2014 7:20:08 PM
Nothing is more worse than the oldschool RE games. Tank controls and offscreen zombies FTW.
#7CammyApplePosted 9/2/2014 7:21:30 PM
AttackOnTitan posted...
Nothing is more worse than the oldschool RE games. Tank controls and offscreen zombies FTW.

That were always in the same locations and rendered their "scare" factor moot after a single encounter.
---
Everything's shiny, Cap'n. Not to fret.
Go hardcore with glitter on the floor.
#8crynryanPosted 9/2/2014 8:47:43 PM
AttackOnTitan posted...

For the older games that were all pre-rendered backgrounds, they had to use tank controls, or your controls would be flipping around every single time the camera moved to a new spot or angle. Silent Hill wasn't as bad, since you could use 3D movement if you wanted (no idea if that was only included in the HD collection) since the engines rendered everything in 3D and you could rotate the camera with no problems.
---
(>O_O)> <(o_o<)
(>O_O)> <(o_o<)
#9MrDude1Posted 9/3/2014 9:37:28 AM
in terms of controls, i am pretty tolerant, but a game is definitely broken if i can't invert y axis. i won't even play try it. end of story. that's about as worse controls as it gets.
#10ChiliPupPosted 9/3/2014 9:40:00 AM
Not necessarily a bad control "scheme", but Alpha Protocol had maybe the most clunky controls of any game I ever played. It's a good thing I stuck with it, as I love the rest of the game. A spy rpg is something I can get used to.

---
---
[This moderator or administrator was deleted at the request of this message.]