Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Help!!

#31garydavexxxPosted 9/3/2014 6:12:19 AM
kennyynnoo posted...
Just go to a doctor. I'm married to one and that's what she said. And acupuncture isn't a scam to the above poster, doctors will recommend it if they can't help you. No idea if it help with carpal tunnel but step one is talk to a doctor.

No professional doctor in the world would recommend a patient going to an acupuncturist.

A systematic review of systematic reviews found real acupuncture was no better than sham acupuncture and concluded that there is little evidence that acupuncture is an effective treatment for reducing pain.

There are dozen of research papers available most of which come to the same conclusion. That acupuncture results in no positive results and on the very rare occasion offers a placebo effect.
---
They picked an allegiance to a system. And they defend it and will lay their own lives for the console of their choosing. The Game of Consoles is just starting.
#32MonkeymagePosted 9/3/2014 6:57:27 AM
garydavexxx posted...
kennyynnoo posted...
Just go to a doctor. I'm married to one and that's what she said. And acupuncture isn't a scam to the above poster, doctors will recommend it if they can't help you. No idea if it help with carpal tunnel but step one is talk to a doctor.

No professional doctor in the world would recommend a patient going to an acupuncturist.

Referrals to acupuncturists are quite common in the world of PM&Rs (pain medicine and rehabilitation physicians)

A systematic review of systematic reviews found real acupuncture was no better than sham acupuncture and concluded that there is little evidence that acupuncture is an effective treatment for reducing pain.

There are dozen of research papers available most of which come to the same conclusion. That acupuncture results in no positive results and on the very rare occasion offers a placebo effect.

Got an article or an abstract?
---
7.3 GHz Intel i9 7770k "Hollow Tree" / 64GB TDR4 RAM / GTX Titan 5 GK330 "Daghlian" Chipset, Dodeca-SLI
#33AgentLockePosted 9/3/2014 6:58:38 AM
Jedi454 posted...
PC is calling you.

Funny my wrist cramps up 10x faster at a mouse and keyboard and yes I'm also getting it, years or painting and gaming go a long way. To TC, creams and patches are huge helps and there's a cheap one that works great, I'll post them later when I find them. Also there's a good vid on YouTube somewhere of really good finger stretches/hand just for gaming. As I read other posts I'm adding to this one, +1 on the aleve, it does wonders and +1 on a branches not helping. Good luck dude, I'll post the brands for creams/patches in a few.
---
The Xbox one forum should be called the "Xbox vs Ps4" forum.
GT: KB ReDZ (Add me for MCC/Destiny/Forza/Fifa)
#34Killah PriestPosted 9/3/2014 7:01:53 AM
for Carpal Tunnel I've found the best results are to do hand stretches regularly, don't wait until your entire arm is useless do it always.

changing posture/how you hold the controller also helps.
---
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.
#35kennyynnooPosted 9/3/2014 7:03:43 AM
garydavexxx posted...
kennyynnoo posted...

She's at work but feel free to argue with Dr. Chen from Harvard's medical school..
http://www.health.harvard.edu/newsletters/Harvard_Mens_Health_Watch/2013/April/is-acupuncture-for-you
---
Own: Xbox one, 360, PS3, Wii
Richard is also known as Dick.
#36Reece504Posted 9/3/2014 7:57:05 AM
Face breaker and ki then only games to give me carpel tunnel it hurt so bad well ki not reall carpel tunnel it actually made my forearms cramp up in a knot and my hands got curled up and I couldn't straighten out my thumbs.
---
PSN:Knickyknucklez 360:Kn1ckyknucklez Wii-U:KnickyKnucklez
#37Syn_VengeancePosted 9/3/2014 8:00:22 AM
Darkness3389 posted...
Anyone ever get carpal tunnel syndrome gaming with a controller? I might have developed carpal tunnel syndrome because I have this weird pinching/tingling feeling in my forearm and hands and when an acupuncturist did a test to my wrist in which he pressed down on the wrist I had really bad pain. I was playing Warframe last night and actually had to turn off the vibration because it started to hurt or cause extreme tingling. Does anyone know if there are any type of accessories you could use gaming to avoid this in the future with a controller? I'm planning to not use anymore vibration features for my X1. I'm also going to see my doctor and asked to be sent to a neurologist.

I have carpal tunnel in both wrists from working as a medic, lifting people and stretchers all day plus typing my reports on a computer. I only play video games for maybe 2 - 3 hours when I play, I used to wear a brace on my one wrist cause it would get really bad. My arms get tingly and some of my fingers will go numb, just try a brace but get one that's thin and doesn't make holding the controller difficult.

Also don't play for long periods of time and as soon as it starts to bothe you stop playing for the night. Also avoid playing games with a keyboard and mouse, I honestly avoid pc gaming unless done with a controller.
---
Nothing is true, Everything is permitted..
#38jairusmonillasPosted 9/3/2014 8:10:21 AM(edited)
go jump on a trampoline 5mins a day.

im not joking, go google rebounding trampoline to know its effect on adults.
---
PS4 GPU: 1152 GCN, 1.84 TFLOPS, 72 TMUs, 32 ROPs, 8GB gDDR5
XB1 GPU :: 768 GCN, 1.31 TFLOPS, 48 TMUs, 16 ROPs, 8GB DDR3+eSRAM
#39AWarAmp84Posted 9/3/2014 8:29:26 AM
Do hand stretches before and after you play. It only takes a couple minutes. Also, this is another reason why I love the XB1 controller more than the 360's. So much more finger room.
---
Not taking Gamefaqs seriously since 2004. Gamefaqs mods are a joke.
#40billsfanno1Posted 9/3/2014 9:06:34 AM
There are two different conversations happening in this thread and it's important to separate and address each.

Prevention: dealing with the ergonomic factors such as what I posted earlier today and warm up stretching

Treatment: properly diagnosing and treating the pain and numbness/tingling, which may include splints, medicine, surgery, physical therapy, and/or acupuncture

If you don't deal with the prevention side of things, you will most likely have to deal with ongoing treatment(s) or repeat occurrences in the future. If you properly deal with the prevention side of things, conservative treatments will be increasingly effective and you will likely reverse the condition eventually. I say "likely" because in my experience these types of issues are remedied by addressing force, posture, repetition and duration, but there are a small percentage of people who have other issues at play (genetics, certain diseases, certain lifestyle risk factors).