Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Help!!

#41Jptremblay13Posted 9/3/2014 9:01:18 AM(edited)
Use boxing hand wraps and concentrate the most of the bandage on the wrist, instead of the knuckles. May looks dumb but it help keeping the wrist straight with the arm. I do that sometimes when I know i'm gonna be playing for a couple of hours!
#42teh1337gosuPosted 9/3/2014 9:06:38 AM
Jptremblay13 posted...
Use boxing hand wraps and concentrate the most of the bandage on the wrist, instead of the knuckles. May looks dumb but it help keeping the wrist straight with the arm. I do that sometimes when I know i'm gonna be playing for a couple of hours!

I do this when sleeping to keep the wrists straight. Its the best help for whatever the hell in have (carpel or arthritis)
---
How do you make that alcoholic chicken anyway?
#43Darkness3389(Topic Creator)Posted 9/3/2014 1:40:48 PM
Well my primary care doctor said it doesn't seem to be carpal tunnel syndrome, but possibly a pinch nerve somewhere. He did some test like tapping my hand in certain places and bending it, but nothing really alarmed him. I did fall asleep a couple of weeks ago with my neck going to one side and woke up sore, but the soreness went away. I can't for the life of me figure out whats causing my tingling and occasional pinching sensation in my hand. My blood test came back all fine except for a little bit high calcium which is okay. Could this tingling and pinching be due to stress? Told my doctor to get me a referral to a neurologist in which he sent one. Now I just got to wait to get the approval and get an appointment. Has anyone gotten a pinched nerve before and had the same symptoms?
---
GT- EndingEye - Patriots, Lakers, Dodgers, Galaxy & Kings Fan
Kobe Bryant 81 points V.S. Toronto Raptor 1/22/06 Historic
#44duericPosted 9/3/2014 1:44:15 PM
The problem with CT is once you develop it, there is no making it better without surgery.

Get to the Doc ASAP. If you indeed have CT, you're only making it worse by waiting.
---
"It's like people using the internet have never heard of the internet." - SadHillShowdown Gamefaqs member
#45mcnichojPosted 9/3/2014 1:45:52 PM
Jedi454 posted...
PC is calling you.
I got CT from using a mouse.
---
PSN/XBL/Steam: mcnichoj
Proud Vita/3DS/Wii U owner. Day one PS4/X1. | Wanting people to have full knowledge of the facts about a console makes you a fanboy.
#46Darkness3389(Topic Creator)Posted 9/3/2014 2:01:25 PM
dueric posted...
The problem with CT is once you develop it, there is no making it better without surgery.

Get to the Doc ASAP. If you indeed have CT, you're only making it worse by waiting.

I went to the doctor who said that its possibly not CT after he did a couple of bends in my hand and taps that never triggered a strong tingling and pinching sensation. I did get a referral, but since I'm on medi-cal I have to wait about a week or two to get a yes or no to go and if its a no then its going to cost me out of pocket. I'm not sure what it might be at all. My doctor said it could be stress too that cause you to start to have tingling and weird feelings.
---
GT- EndingEye - Patriots, Lakers, Dodgers, Galaxy & Kings Fan
Kobe Bryant 81 points V.S. Toronto Raptor 1/22/06 Historic
#47billsfanno1Posted 9/3/2014 2:09:45 PM
dueric posted...

That is absolute crap. Not only are you a troll when it comes to console wars, but you're also a troll when it comes to medical opinions.
#48MicrosoftLoverPosted 9/3/2014 2:11:51 PM
You saying that your Xbox One gave you Carpal Tunnel!?

Post pics or it didn't happen.
---
"It's not about visuals or gameplay. It's about exclusives." - Special-Edd
#49duericPosted 9/3/2014 2:12:57 PM(edited)
Darkness3389 posted...
dueric posted...

I went to the doctor who said that its possibly not CT after he did a couple of bends in my hand and taps that never triggered a strong tingling and pinching sensation. I did get a referral, but since I'm on medi-cal I have to wait about a week or two to get a yes or no to go and if its a no then its going to cost me out of pocket. I'm not sure what it might be at all. My doctor said it could be stress too that cause you to start to have tingling and weird feelings.

I know, man. Saw it after I posted. Hopefully it's just something minor that rest or change will remedy.
---
"It's like people using the internet have never heard of the internet." - SadHillShowdown Gamefaqs member
#50billsfanno1Posted 9/3/2014 2:19:45 PM
Darkness3389 posted...
dueric posted...

Ignore dueric, his post was BS. I have seen plenty of people diagnosed with nerve impingement syndromes heal without surgery, probably 95% of the people I have worked with.

Regarding your diagnosis ... impingement on a nerve anywhere from the neck to the wrist can cause the symptoms in the hands/wrists. I thought you already were diagnosed with CT based on the topic title and OP. If it's not inflammation in the wrist, the most likely culprits are elbow, shoulder or neck. Focus on elbows at your side, shoulders relaxed and neck straight forward. If your TV/monitor are so high that you look upward and bend your neck backward, that would be a red flag, similar with twisting or bending the neck sideways.