Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Help!!

#51billsfanno1Posted 9/3/2014 2:25:01 PM
billsfanno1 posted...
Darkness3389 posted...
dueric posted...
The problem with CT is once you develop it, there is no making it better without surgery.

Get to the Doc ASAP. If you indeed have CT, you're only making it worse by waiting.

I went to the doctor who said that its possibly not CT after he did a couple of bends in my hand and taps that never triggered a strong tingling and pinching sensation. I did get a referral, but since I'm on medi-cal I have to wait about a week or two to get a yes or no to go and if its a no then its going to cost me out of pocket. I'm not sure what it might be at all. My doctor said it could be stress too that cause you to start to have tingling and weird feelings.

Ignore dueric, his post was BS. I have seen plenty of people diagnosed with nerve impingement syndromes heal without surgery, probably 95% of the people I have worked with.

Regarding your diagnosis ... impingement on a nerve anywhere from the neck to the wrist can cause the symptoms in the hands/wrists. I thought you already were diagnosed with CT based on the topic title and OP. If it's not inflammation in the wrist, the most likely culprits are elbow, shoulder or neck. Focus on elbows at your side, shoulders relaxed and neck straight forward. If your TV/monitor are so high that you look upward and bend your neck backward, that would be a red flag, similar with twisting or bending the neck sideways.

Just to be sure ... you need to continue to work with your health care providers to understand what specifically is going on and how to treat it. I'm not suggesting you ignore medical treatment, rather I'm saying surgery is not indicated in most cases and prevention methods are part of the recovery/healing process.
#52Darkness3389(Topic Creator)Posted 9/3/2014 3:08:15 PM
billsfanno1 posted...
Darkness3389 posted...
dueric posted...
The problem with CT is once you develop it, there is no making it better without surgery.

Get to the Doc ASAP. If you indeed have CT, you're only making it worse by waiting.

I went to the doctor who said that its possibly not CT after he did a couple of bends in my hand and taps that never triggered a strong tingling and pinching sensation. I did get a referral, but since I'm on medi-cal I have to wait about a week or two to get a yes or no to go and if its a no then its going to cost me out of pocket. I'm not sure what it might be at all. My doctor said it could be stress too that cause you to start to have tingling and weird feelings.

Ignore dueric, his post was BS. I have seen plenty of people diagnosed with nerve impingement syndromes heal without surgery, probably 95% of the people I have worked with.

Regarding your diagnosis ... impingement on a nerve anywhere from the neck to the wrist can cause the symptoms in the hands/wrists. I thought you already were diagnosed with CT based on the topic title and OP. If it's not inflammation in the wrist, the most likely culprits are elbow, shoulder or neck. Focus on elbows at your side, shoulders relaxed and neck straight forward. If your TV/monitor are so high that you look upward and bend your neck backward, that would be a red flag, similar with twisting or bending the neck sideways.

Oh now I didn't see a neurologist yet. I went with my mom who got acupuncture and she got the doctor to check on my hand because of the occasional tingling and pinching sensation I felt. Anyways he did some test too un which is placed pressure on my wrist and pushed down and I had a jolt of pain. Afterwards he said that its mild carpal tunnel. Today I went to see my doctor who did some test like tapping and bending my hand and wrist in which I didn't scream out in pain nor did I get more tingling then normal. He asked if I had done anything that might have caused pain and I told him that I did fall asleep a few weeks ago with my neck going to the right ad woke up with a sore neck on the left which is the side this pinching and tingling is coming from. He said I might have a pinched nerve, but had no such way to officially test like no MRI or nerve strength test. He said he's referring me to a neurologist in which I have to wait for approval from Medi-Cal to go so it won't cost me about $200 and if it does get denied I'm going to go anyways to get it checked out. The pain is no severe. Its the occasional pinching feeling and tingling at times. I'm just wondering if you can have a pinched nerve in the shoulder or neck without any sort of radiating pain from there and have the pain on only your hand and forearm and not the shoulder or bicep area. Better to make 100% sure then to risk permanent nerve damage. Maybe its all from stress...but who knows until I get some test like an MRI or EMG to eliminate other problems. Sorry for the wall of text lol.
---
GT- EndingEye - Patriots, Lakers, Dodgers, Galaxy & Kings Fan
Kobe Bryant 81 points V.S. Toronto Raptor 1/22/06 Historic
#53billsfanno1Posted 9/3/2014 3:40:35 PM
Nerve impingements can be tricky to diagnose because pressure at any part of the nerve can cause symptoms anywhere along the pathway (neck to fingers in your case). Hopefully you get coverage approved and can track the location down and what is causing the impingement.
#54NeonYoshi11Posted 9/3/2014 4:47:04 PM
Darkness3389 posted...
Anyone ever get carpal tunnel syndrome gaming with a controller? I might have developed carpal tunnel syndrome because I have this weird pinching/tingling feeling in my forearm and hands and when an acupuncturist did a test to my wrist in which he pressed down on the wrist I had really bad pain. I was playing Warframe last night and actually had to turn off the vibration because it started to hurt or cause extreme tingling. Does anyone know if there are any type of accessories you could use gaming to avoid this in the future with a controller? I'm planning to not use anymore vibration features for my X1. I'm also going to see my doctor and asked to be sent to a neurologist.

Start doing hand exercises to strengthen it.
#55bigjclassicPosted 9/3/2014 6:05:14 PM
Get the squishy grip ball, it helps with hand exercises.
---
NNID(WiiU): Ryusaki_J PSN: classicviolence
Please Read: http://insomnia.ac/commentary/the_videogame_news_racket/