What time period would you like to see more of in a video game?

#1aj4x94Posted 9/2/2014 10:12:40 PM
I'd like to see a game that takes place in the 1980's. Pastel suits, big hair, totally radical dialogue, and the best soundtrack ever.

I loved Hotline Miami and Vice City.
---
Playing: Half Life 2, Mirror's Edge, Vampire The Masquerade, System Shock 2, Borderlands 2, Splinter Cell
PSN: T-Snake94, XBL: T-Snake 94, Steam ID: T_Snake94
#2violentdissmayPosted 9/2/2014 10:42:42 PM
aj4x94 posted...
I'd like to see a game that takes place in the 1980's. Pastel suits, big hair, totally radical dialogue, and the best soundtrack ever.

I think Streets of Rage may help with some of that.
I would say a really good early 1900's (like prohibition era), I can't think of too many mob type games off the top of my head, and I mean classic mafia style mob, not modern day G's that pretend to be
---
"Fry crack corn and I don't care, Leela crack corn and still don't care, Bender crack corn and he is great!! TAKE THAT YOU STUPID CORN!!!" - Bender
#3WarsuhPosted 9/2/2014 11:01:42 PM
I would like some "NEW" WW2 games.
#4SignalMyMiseryyPosted 9/2/2014 11:04:20 PM
80s, ww2, victorian.
---
XBOX I XBOX 360 I XBOX ONE
Mark my words, xbox one will get a name change by e3 2015.
#5CammyApplePosted 9/3/2014 12:03:01 AM
Warsuh posted...
I would like some "NEW" WW2 games.

From other points of view too.
---
Everything's shiny, Cap'n. Not to fret.
Go hardcore with glitter on the floor.
#6DeschainRedPosted 9/3/2014 12:15:18 AM
violentdissmay posted...
aj4x94 posted...

I think Streets of Rage may help with some of that.
I would say a really good early 1900's (like prohibition era), I can't think of too many mob type games off the top of my head, and I mean classic mafia style mob, not modern day G's that pretend to be

Streets of rage is worth it for the soundtrack alone. It needs a remake or sequel in my opinion.
#7kungfuj0Posted 9/3/2014 12:22:23 AM
I like futuristic stuff, whether it's near future, say 10-20 years ahead so we can still recognize the place, or whether its well into the future.

Unless its an old world rpg, I really don't like going back in time much. I already know how history plays out. I have no desire to relive it. I make one other exception though. A friend of mine and I kinda had this idea about a 70s version of GTA, maybe set in Chicago or Detroit or something. The lead would be a black guy with a big ass afro, and we'll just let the chaos ensue from there!
---
Sometimes I honestly think that Online is the WORST thing that ever happened to gaming.
#8robert_rangersuPosted 9/3/2014 1:24:47 AM
Feudal Japan. I miss Tenchu and Onimusha.
---
Couldn't care less = you don't care one single bit.
Could care less = you do care, at least a little.
#9da_StoOgePosted 9/3/2014 1:31:00 AM
80's and any wars pre-WW2.

The 80's games need to have awesome soundtracks though. Soundtracks as good as Hotline, Vice City, and Double Dragon Neon's.
---
"It was the patient, cut-flower sound of a man who is waiting to die."
#10Bobsy84Posted 9/3/2014 2:04:45 AM
A squad based shooter in the Napoleonic wars era