Fascinating interview with Microsoft on the conception of the incredible XBOX UI

#21Laylow12(Topic Creator)Posted 9/3/2014 4:11:21 AM
dnmt posted...
I salute you, Laylow.

http://i.imgur.com/5KGgu.gif

kilaude posted...
Laylow12 posted...
You can see they put a lot of thought into the conception, design and purpose of the XBOX ONE Dashboard and are quite proud of the end result.

http://www.sticktwiddlers.com/2013/06/28/xbox-one-dashboard-created-with-advertising-in-mind/

So, how much is Microsoft paying you?

Thanks dnmt!

Kilaude, I know it seems like Microsoft is paying me to promote the box but they're not. I just know that direct quotes from the manufacturer, that describe the products intent, are helpful when people are shopping for a new console. As you can see, I'm attacked for it, by misguided people who are never on topic and are merely here to throw mud at others.

---
The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin
#22Lunatic_WolfPosted 9/3/2014 4:19:11 AM
So I see even the trolling is getting a remaster. Lol
#23TheGam3925Posted 9/3/2014 4:22:20 AM
Don't kill the messenger guys. I for one am glad to get as much information on a product as possible. Since when is being an informed consumer a bad thing??
---
Reviews? Polls? Sales? Resolution? FPS? Nothing matters now except for what the competition does not have.
#24Bellum_SacrumPosted 9/3/2014 5:36:22 AM
TheGam3925 posted...
Since when is being an informed consumer a bad thing??

If you're American and asking that question you should quickly leave the country. Corporation police is on to you.

A good consumer is a consumer that buys the stuff you tell him to, and then tries to promote the product in fear of becoming part of a ridiculed minority.
---
"Now go ahead and leap ignorantly to the defense of wealthy game companies who don't know or care about you."
#25FinzFan4lifePosted 9/3/2014 6:25:28 AM
Laylow12 posted...
dnmt posted...
I salute you, Laylow.

http://i.imgur.com/5KGgu.gif

kilaude posted...
Laylow12 posted...
You can see they put a lot of thought into the conception, design and purpose of the XBOX ONE Dashboard and are quite proud of the end result.

http://www.sticktwiddlers.com/2013/06/28/xbox-one-dashboard-created-with-advertising-in-mind/

So, how much is Microsoft paying you?

Thanks dnmt!

Kilaude, I know it seems like Microsoft is paying me to promote the box but they're not. I just know that direct quotes from the manufacturer, that describe the products intent, are helpful when people are shopping for a new console. As you can see, I'm attacked for it, by misguided people who are never on topic and are merely here to throw mud at others.

No you're a *** posting old info hoping no one would notice and are misguided yourself. You just try and bash the xb1
---
Not Changing until Miami Dolphins Win a Super Bowl signed 02-09-2012
#26Exodus_PrimePosted 9/3/2014 6:28:49 AM
Lunatic_Wolf posted...
So I see even the trolling is getting a remaster. Lol

Ha ha genius.

---
---
Bungie's "Destiny" Has Reached A New Level Of Gaming
(Only On Multi Consoles)
#27GambitbuzzkillPosted 9/3/2014 6:39:08 AM
It's been almost a year of him trolling I think the guy needs an award or something cause he is one the hardest working trolls on Gamefaq's, please everyone stand up and clap it up for him troll of the year.
---
Gametag-BLOODLUST66
PSN-Dalust66
#28GambitbuzzkillPosted 9/3/2014 6:43:49 AM
TheGam3925 posted...
Don't kill the messenger guys. I for one am glad to get as much information on a product as possible. Since when is being an informed consumer a bad thing??

There is a big difference in trying to inform ppl and troll cause when you spend the better part of a year bashing a system and making fun of the ppl who enjoy it you don't get that benefit of the doubt.
A smarter person would of posted this link and said hey look at what MS wanted to do with this system and UI and look at where they are now because they was force to change, but no he is a troll he post links and then just says discuss.
---
Gametag-BLOODLUST66
PSN-Dalust66
#29astutecolliePosted 9/3/2014 6:46:14 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#30SoulTrapperPosted 9/3/2014 8:41:05 AM
On Xbox, the ad is part of the actual experience, its not something that is outside. The only difference is that the advertisement we have is quite small and not disruptive so people are not aware of clicking on the banners because they know this is a part of the whole experience on the dash,

Oh, I get it now: the ads are an experience.
I always thought they were just there to make money, I never looked at them as something to experience.
How foolish I have been.