Fascinating interview with Microsoft on the conception of the incredible XBOX UI

#31Laylow12(Topic Creator)Posted 9/3/2014 3:19:33 PM
Woah.

What happened here?

User Name astutecollie
User ID 6815246
Board User Level 5: Warned
User on "parole" for one or more major Terms of Service violations. Can only post 3 messages per hour (10 per day), no topics, restored after 48-72 hours.
Account Created Friday, February 12, 2010 5:24 PM
Last Visit Wednesday, September 3, 2014 7:15 PM
Karma 33
Active Messages Posted 145

---
The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin
#32Laylow12(Topic Creator)Posted 9/3/2014 3:21:53 PM
SoulTrapper posted...
On Xbox, the ad is part of the actual experience, its not something that is outside. The only difference is that the advertisement we have is quite small and not disruptive so people are not aware of clicking on the banners because they know this is a part of the whole experience on the dash,

Oh, I get it now: the ads are an experience.
I always thought they were just there to make money, I never looked at them as something to experience.
How foolish I have been.

It's ads on top of ads and we still have to pay for XBl for the privilege of seeing them.

---
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin
#33MurryEB_Alt1Posted 9/3/2014 3:31:32 PM
Laylow12 posted...
SoulTrapper posted...
On Xbox, the ad is part of the actual experience, its not something that is outside. The only difference is that the advertisement we have is quite small and not disruptive so people are not aware of clicking on the banners because they know this is a part of the whole experience on the dash,

I always thought they were just there to make money, I never looked at them as something to experience.
How foolish I have been.

It's ads on top of ads and we still have to pay for XBl for the privilege of seeing them.

I have yet to see an ad for something that doesn't potentially make my experience on Xbox One better. In other words, I only see ads that link me to digital purchases like games, DLC, movies, tv shows, etc. Have yet to see one for McDonalds or Citi Bank or anything outside of Xbox. Only the people who do not have an Xbox One believe otherwise.
---
I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite sig on the Citadel
#34Laylow12(Topic Creator)Posted 9/3/2014 3:34:29 PM
MurryEB_Alt1 posted...
Laylow12 posted...
SoulTrapper posted...

How foolish I have been.

I have yet to see an ad for something that doesn't potentially make my experience on Xbox One better. In other words, I only see ads that link me to digital purchases like games, DLC, movies, tv shows, etc. Have yet to see one for McDonalds or Citi Bank or anything outside of Xbox. Only the people who do not have an Xbox One believe otherwise.

I had no idea you could buy a Toyota on your XBOX.

http://advertising.microsoft.com/en-us/WWDocs/User/display/cl/casestudy/2922/global/Xbox-360-Toyota-NUads-Case-Study.pdf

---
#35ExempliGratiaPosted 9/3/2014 3:36:43 PM
Translation: "hi I'm LayLow I'm a troll please feed me"
---
Xbox Live Gamertag :ShottaSteveUrkel PSN: Hollaatmyfoot PSNvita: ExempliaGratia
#36ScRuiPosted 9/3/2014 3:37:26 PM
MurryEB_Alt1 posted...
Laylow12 posted...
SoulTrapper posted...

How foolish I have been.

^^this^^

LOL at the trolls making believe they actually own an Xbox ONE...

Hint:

Make sure you know what you are talking about before posting about something you don't own... it is called 'Google'

Silly clowns, Xbox ONE is for gamers...
---
"Be Smart @ Being Stupid & You'll NEVER Lose"
<If you ain't #NoseDeep, you ain't doing it right>
#37Laylow12(Topic Creator)Posted 9/3/2014 3:52:36 PM
ExempliGratia posted...

I'm beginning to think you don't like talking about the XBOX ONE. You seem very interested in the men and women who post here though. Do you like videogames?

---
#38EnclavePosted 9/3/2014 3:59:08 PM
Theleeham posted...
Hey look, Laylow was googling for Xbox One related bad news and found an article from June last year.

I guess he didn't come across those numerous articles about how Sony built the PS4 with DRM in mind.

The only articles that mention anything of the sort were based purely off rumours as I recall. If that's not the case then please, post evidence to back yourself up.
---
The commercial says that Church isn't for perfect people, I guess that's why I'm an atheist.
#39ExempliGratiaPosted 9/3/2014 5:03:47 PM
Laylow12 posted...
ExempliGratia posted...

I'm beginning to think you don't like talking about the XBOX ONE. You seem very interested in the men and women who post here though. Do you like videogames?

Translation: "I want to change the subject because people know I'm trolling please continue to feed me"
---
Xbox Live Gamertag :ShottaSteveUrkel PSN: Hollaatmyfoot PSNvita: ExempliaGratia
#40Dieinafire1Posted 9/3/2014 5:09:37 PM
Laylow12 is a level 37 troll show some respect. Lol
---
| AMD FX-8350 @ 4.4 ghz | MSI 990FXA-GD65 V2 | EVGA SLI TITANS | 16GB 1866 DDR3 | 850W Corsair | Win8.1 64bit | 3TB HDD 256 SSD | Hyper 212 Evo | 4K | PS4|Xbox1