Fascinating interview with Microsoft on the conception of the incredible XBOX UI

#71SigmaLongshotPosted 9/4/2014 9:07:25 AM
See my previous post to understand the difference between citation and circumstantial misrepresentation.
---
XB1/XB360/Wii U: TotoMimo
PS4: Gooey_Toto ADD ME OR FACE THE UN-ADDED CONSEQUENCES! Which are nothing.
#72lilj812Posted 9/4/2014 9:09:14 AM
Laylow12 posted...
Gambitbuzzkill posted...
Man Laylow I just wanted an answer to my question all you did was dodge the question so please stop pulling a Neo and just tell me where to find the ads at on the XBO please.

Thank you for asking. Now that I have your attention, here is a report from this Spring on how your time is spent online and how you are interacting with the ads.

http://advertising.microsoft.com/en/WWDocs/User/display/cl/researchreport/5784/global/Xbox-Audience-Insights-CANADA-Web-Final.pdf

Great answer. How do you Xbox one owners feel about this?
---
"Worlds best heel"
"I really don't understand the irrational hatred a lot of people have for IE. It's not a bad browser." El Pollo Diablo87
#73ScRuiPosted 9/4/2014 9:19:06 AM
LMFAO... too funny
---
"Be Smart @ Being Stupid & You'll NEVER Lose"
<If you ain't #NoseDeep, you ain't doing it right>
#74lilj812Posted 9/4/2014 9:36:24 AM
ScRui posted...
LMFAO... too funny

If it's laughable, you should have no problem offering a rebuttal, or admitting he's not trolling and just providing info... Lots of different things.

Im not sure what's funny, but you find it funny for some reason. What's that reason?
---
"Worlds best heel"
"I really don't understand the irrational hatred a lot of people have for IE. It's not a bad browser." El Pollo Diablo87
#75ExempliGratiaPosted 9/4/2014 9:37:48 AM
Laylow12 posted...
ExempliGratia posted...
Moral of this topic: LayLow likes to troll.

How am I trolling? So quoting the manufacturer is "trolling" now? You sound confused as to what trolling is.

Cool story bro.
---
Xbox Live Gamertag :ShottaSteveUrkel PSN: Hollaatmyfoot PSNvita: ExempliaGratia
#76lilj812Posted 9/4/2014 9:40:06 AM
ExempliGratia posted...
Laylow12 posted...
ExempliGratia posted...

How am I trolling? So quoting the manufacturer is "trolling" now? You sound confused as to what trolling is.

Cool story bro.

Is quoting the manufacturer trolling or not? I really want to know.
---
"Worlds best heel"
#77SigmaLongshotPosted 9/4/2014 9:43:29 AM
lilj812 posted...
ExempliGratia posted...
Laylow12 posted...
ExempliGratia posted...

Cool story bro.

See my previous post to understand the difference between citation and circumstantial misrepresentation.
---
XB1/XB360/Wii U: TotoMimo
PS4: Gooey_Toto ADD ME OR FACE THE UN-ADDED CONSEQUENCES! Which are nothing.
#78lilj812Posted 9/4/2014 9:48:26 AM
SigmaLongshot posted...
lilj812 posted...
ExempliGratia posted...
Laylow12 posted...
ExempliGratia posted...

Cool story bro.

But Microsoft never came out and changed their mind about this standpoint, so how is any of that relevant? They never spoke out saying, "we no longer wish to view your viewing habits," or anything like that.
---
"Worlds best heel"
#79Laylow12(Topic Creator)Posted 9/4/2014 9:56:25 AM
lilj812 posted...
ExempliGratia posted...
Laylow12 posted...
ExempliGratia posted...

Cool story bro.

I don't think he's coming back. NuAds and KINECT as a data-mining device are what the dashboard was built for as Microsoft themselves has told us.

Nothing these apologists has said means anything more to me than what the actual manufacturer themselves says.

They've gotten so used to being defensive, that now they're trying to downplay what Microsoft says and proclaim "Look at me", "What I'm saying is more important than what the manufacturer says!"

---
The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin
#80EllesarienPosted 9/4/2014 10:09:02 AM
An article from June 2013?

Rough times for the trolls I guess. Bottom of the barrel stuff.
---
I will try and see it from your point of view, but I doubt we'll be able to fit both our heads up there.