Fascinating interview with Microsoft on the conception of the incredible XBOX UI

#81LorneMaIvoPosted 9/4/2014 10:11:15 AM
Ellesarien posted...
An article from June 2013?

Has the UI changed this then? No? Alright then, so it still applies? Good, thought so.
---
Proof I post facts and don't break the ToS ~ http://i.imgur.com/flCIqfN.png ~ http://i.imgur.com/eAnOe5l.png
#82EllesarienPosted 9/4/2014 10:20:03 AM
LorneMaIvo posted...
Ellesarien posted...

Has the UI changed this then? No? Alright then, so it still applies? Good, thought so.

The obsession with the X-1 by you trolls is amazing to me. But...I guess whatever gets you through the day. We all need hobbies I suppose.
---
I will try and see it from your point of view, but I doubt we'll be able to fit both our heads up there.
#83GambitbuzzkillPosted 9/4/2014 10:29:46 AM
Laylow you still have yet to tell me.
---
Gametag-BLOODLUST66
PSN-Dalust66
#84lilj812Posted 9/4/2014 10:29:56 AM
Ellesarien posted...
LorneMaIvo posted...
Ellesarien posted...

The obsession with the X-1 by you trolls is amazing to me. But...I guess whatever gets you through the day. We all need hobbies I suppose.

Back up, what does the date of the article have to do with the relevance of the article? It still applies so date doesn't matter, correct?
---
"Worlds best heel"
"I really don't understand the irrational hatred a lot of people have for IE. It's not a bad browser." El Pollo Diablo87
#85lilj812Posted 9/4/2014 10:31:41 AM(edited)
Laylow12 posted...
Gambitbuzzkill posted...
Man Laylow I just wanted an answer to my question all you did was dodge the question so please stop pulling a Neo and just tell me where to find the ads at on the XBO please.

Thank you for asking. Now that I have your attention, here is a report from this Spring on how your time is spent online and how you are interacting with the ads.

http://advertising.microsoft.com/en/WWDocs/User/display/cl/researchreport/5784/global/Xbox-Audience-Insights-CANADA-Web-Final.pdf

Here you go, Gambit.
---
"Worlds best heel"
"I really don't understand the irrational hatred a lot of people have for IE. It's not a bad browser." El Pollo Diablo87
#86SigmaLongshotPosted 9/4/2014 10:50:55 AM
Me: See my previous post to understand the difference between citation and circumstantial misrepresentation.

ilj82: But Microsoft never came out and changed their mind about this standpoint, so how is any of that relevant? They never spoke out saying, "we no longer wish to view your viewing habits," or anything like that.

Me: Because, though the overall stance may not have changed, the method in which you wield information is still completely averse to the tone and reasoning in which it was conveyed.

For example, posing a series of ultimatums to a person involving multi-faceted dilemmas, hearing, "I suppose I'd kill a person if I had to, in that circumstance..." and then throwing up headlines "X person would happily kill people given the chance!" on the tabloids.

It's misrepresenting the conveyance of the information at hand, and I'm certain you're aware of that, but you're going to stick with "words spoken are carved in stone, in a single tone, with zero fluctuation in fact or stature".

(new format because quote blocks maxed out)
---
XB1/XB360/Wii U: TotoMimo
PS4: Gooey_Toto ADD ME OR FACE THE UN-ADDED CONSEQUENCES! Which are nothing.
#87lilj812Posted 9/4/2014 11:05:32 AM
SigmaLongshot posted...
Me: See my previous post to understand the difference between citation and circumstantial misrepresentation.

ilj82: But Microsoft never came out and changed their mind about this standpoint, so how is any of that relevant? They never spoke out saying, "we no longer wish to view your viewing habits," or anything like that.

Me: Because, though the overall stance may not have changed, the method in which you wield information is still completely averse to the tone and reasoning in which it was conveyed.

For example, posing a series of ultimatums to a person involving multi-faceted dilemmas, hearing, "I suppose I'd kill a person if I had to, in that circumstance..." and then throwing up headlines "X person would happily kill people given the chance!" on the tabloids.

It's misrepresenting the conveyance of the information at hand, and I'm certain you're aware of that, but you're going to stick with "words spoken are carved in stone, in a single tone, with zero fluctuation in fact or stature".

(new format because quote blocks maxed out)

Are you arguing tone on the internet?? Seriously?

You admit that the overall stance hasn't changed. So how is our presenting the words that they presented themselves misrepresenting them when they haven't changed their stance?
---
"Worlds best heel"
#88ScRuiPosted 9/4/2014 12:24:14 PM
LOL still funny lilj

the fact that you and Laylow can only post links and not speak from experience with the Xbox ONE, really shows in this thread...

but continue posting... the question was still not answered from before...

WHERE ON THE XBOX ONE ARE THOSE ADS?

Because for me... I can't find them... *stares at the UI

LMFAO
---
"Be Smart @ Being Stupid & You'll NEVER Lose"
<If you ain't #NoseDeep, you ain't doing it right>
#89DeschainRedPosted 9/4/2014 12:26:39 PM
ScRui posted...
LOL still funny lilj

the fact that you and Laylow can only post links and not speak from experience with the Xbox ONE, really shows in this thread...

but continue posting... the question was still not answered from before...

WHERE ON THE XBOX ONE ARE THOSE ADS?

Because for me... I can't find them... *stares at the UI

LMFAO

http://n4g.com/news/1393084/heres-how-ads-appear-on-playstation-4s-activity-feed#c-8497245

As I already stated, it's was ignored. Just let troll topic die.
#90ExempliGratiaPosted 9/4/2014 12:28:38 PM
lilj812 posted...
ExempliGratia posted...
Laylow12 posted...
ExempliGratia posted...
Moral of this topic: LayLow likes to troll.

How am I trolling? So quoting the manufacturer is "trolling" now? You sound confused as to what trolling is.

Cool story bro.

Is quoting the manufacturer trolling or not? I really want to know.

No one really cares what you want to know.
---
Xbox Live Gamertag :ShottaSteveUrkel PSN: Hollaatmyfoot PSNvita: ExempliaGratia