Fascinating interview with Microsoft on the conception of the incredible XBOX UI

#91Laylow12(Topic Creator)Posted 9/4/2014 11:49:57 AM
ExempliGratia posted...
lilj812 posted...
ExempliGratia posted...
Laylow12 posted...
ExempliGratia posted...
Moral of this topic: LayLow likes to troll.

How am I trolling? So quoting the manufacturer is "trolling" now? You sound confused as to what trolling is.

Cool story bro.

Is quoting the manufacturer trolling or not? I really want to know.

No one really cares what you want to know.

I care and so do you because you replied. I take what the manufacturer says about their products before I take some defensive troll off the net opinion. They said the UI was designed for advertising and have case studies up on their website about how effective NuAds are. Yusef Medhi went to a major advertising convention eight months ago selling advertising on XBOX ONE with feedback from KINECT 2.0

Like I said, you boys are dancing around and trying to to distract from the manufacturers words, it's not more important then what they said themselves but keep dancing and I'll keep posting the truth!

---
The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin
#92ExempliGratiaPosted 9/4/2014 11:56:08 AM
Don't get it twisted I'm different from your normal poster.

Why have a discussion with a troll. It's futile. You're supposed to troll a troll.
---
Xbox Live Gamertag :ShottaSteveUrkel PSN: Hollaatmyfoot PSNvita: ExempliaGratia
#93SigmaLongshotPosted 9/4/2014 12:02:10 PM
LAYLOW12 SAID:

Like I said, you boys are dancing around and trying to to distract from the manufacturers words, it's not more important then what they said themselves but keep dancing and I'll keep posting the truth!

SIGMALONGSHOT SAID:

At one point not too long ago you were genuinely, and I mean this heartfelt - you were really a nice person to speak to. I'm not entirely sure what happened to you to make you so utterly hellbent at inducing Xbox schadenfreude, which makes absolutely no sense. These are games consoles. We play on them. Play. Joy. They're toys to enjoy.

If one person loves GI JOE and one person loves Action Man, who is to say that the GI Joe guy is a demon and the Action Man guy is the only sane one?

You're digging through the most dated and contrived of archives in order to abase the people that enjoy a toy that's not the toy you love most. How can you honestly not see that as concerning?

I'm asking you this as a person who reinstated you as a friend on this site with the optimistic belief that you can be a little more accepting and less antagonising.

Just... please think about it.
---
XB1/XB360/Wii U: TotoMimo
PS4: Gooey_Toto ADD ME OR FACE THE UN-ADDED CONSEQUENCES! Which are nothing.
#94Laylow12(Topic Creator)Posted 9/4/2014 12:07:05 PM
SigmaLongshot posted...
LAYLOW12 SAID:

SIGMALONGSHOT SAID:

At one point not too long ago you were genuinely, and I mean this heartfelt - you were really a nice person to speak to. I'm not entirely sure what happened to you to make you so utterly hellbent at inducing Xbox schadenfreude, which makes absolutely no sense. These are games consoles. We play on them. Play. Joy. They're toys to enjoy.

If one person loves GI JOE and one person loves Action Man, who is to say that the GI Joe guy is a demon and the Action Man guy is the only sane one?

You're digging through the most dated and contrived of archives in order to abase the people that enjoy a toy that's not the toy you love most. How can you honestly not see that as concerning?

I'm asking you this as a person who reinstated you as a friend on this site with the optimistic belief that you can be a little more accepting and less antagonising.

Who are you?

---
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin
#95Exodus_PrimePosted 9/4/2014 12:09:26 PM
ScRui posted...
LOL still funny lilj

the fact that you and Laylow can only post links and not speak from experience with the Xbox ONE, really shows in this thread...

but continue posting... the question was still not answered from before...

WHERE ON THE XBOX ONE ARE THOSE ADS?

Because for me... I can't find them... *stares at the UI

LMFAO

That's a good question.

---
---
Bungie's "Destiny" Has Reached A New Level Of Gaming
(Only On Multi Consoles)
#96ExempliGratiaPosted 9/4/2014 12:11:55 PM
Exodus_Prime posted...
ScRui posted...
LOL still funny lilj

the fact that you and Laylow can only post links and not speak from experience with the Xbox ONE, really shows in this thread...

LMFAO

That's a good question.

---

It's a question that won't get answered though. All that's going to happen is either their going to avoid it or cry wolf that they aren't trolling. It's a cycle.
---
#97SigmaLongshotPosted 9/4/2014 12:15:31 PM
Laylow12 posted...
SigmaLongshot posted...
LAYLOW12 SAID:

SIGMALONGSHOT SAID:

Who are you?

You invited me to some elite private room thing at some point. I'm Tommy. We connected at one point, but you're different now, and I'm kinda hanging on to the notion you'll change back.
---
XB1/XB360/Wii U: TotoMimo
PS4: Gooey_Toto ADD ME OR FACE THE UN-ADDED CONSEQUENCES! Which are nothing.
#98Laylow12(Topic Creator)Posted 9/4/2014 12:24:40 PM
SigmaLongshot posted...
Laylow12 posted...
SigmaLongshot posted...
LAYLOW12 SAID:

SIGMALONGSHOT SAID:

Who are you?

You invited me to some elite private room thing at some point. I'm Tommy. We connected at one point, but you're different now, and I'm kinda hanging on to the notion you'll change back.

I have many friends here on both sides of the fence, you are not one of them...

---
#99Laylow12(Topic Creator)Posted 9/4/2014 12:25:31 PM
ExempliGratia posted...
Exodus_Prime posted...
ScRui posted...
LOL still funny lilj

LMFAO

That's a good question.

---

It's a question that won't get answered though. All that's going to happen is either their going to avoid it or cry wolf that they aren't trolling. It's a cycle.

Ads? Did you want ads?

http://www.theverge.com/2014/3/8/5484444/microsoft-xbox-live-targeted-political-advertising

---
#100ExempliGratiaPosted 9/4/2014 12:37:11 PM
Laylow12 posted...
ExempliGratia posted...
Exodus_Prime posted...
ScRui posted...
LOL still funny lilj

LMFAO

That's a good question.

---

Ads? Did you want ads?

http://www.theverge.com/2014/3/8/5484444/microsoft-xbox-live-targeted-political-advertising

^^^^ or they would try something like this. Avoiding the person's question yet again.
---