Install times better?

#21MrImpatient35Posted 9/3/2014 10:40:31 AM
Enclave posted...
MrImpatient35 posted...
AWarAmp84 posted...
The install times aren't bad if you have a decent internet connection. I've never had to wait more than 20 minutes for an install.

Maybe it's because I have my X1 connected WITH A ETHERNET WIRE why I never have problems installing games. My longest install time has been 40 minutes. They're install usually in 20-25 minutes. Even my digital install of Titanfall only took 20 minutes. My connection is 44Mbps. Is that lightning fast?

All those times you mentioned though are slow compared to PS4.

Sony has undeniably done better at chunking their installs to let you start playing asap. The good news is that this is something Microsoft can improve on. It's not a failing of the hardware.

Did I forget to mention that they give me the go ahead to play the games I'm installing usually in 5-8 minutes?
---
HIIT or Tabata is necessary for me
#22ThatLaoGuyPosted 9/3/2014 10:42:46 AM
Owning an xbone seems like a lot of unnecessary work lmao
---
If you want to see grown men online throw tantrums, visit the xbone board.
#23MrImpatient35Posted 9/3/2014 10:45:12 AM(edited)
I'm getting tired of all the bull**** horror stories of install times taking 1-5 hours. That hasn't been the case ONCE. I'm not only talking about me either. My friends have X1, and they usually complain about it taking 30 minutes to install. People on this board say it takes them 20-30 minutes. So how is it that it takes someone 5 hours to install a game? Yes, somebody said 5 hours on this board. That's an obvious lie.
---
HIIT or Tabata is necessary for me
#24casper316Posted 9/3/2014 10:44:06 AM
BeefEaster posted...
Syn_Vengeance posted...
BeefEaster posted...
are you all really this dense or is it an act?

the xbox one still has slow install times regardless of if it's downloading a patch or not

get off microsoft's d*** for one minute and stop with the fanboy crap

It may have slow install times for you but they take no more then 25-30 mins for me which isn't bad at all. The game downloads the patch while installing so if you have crappy internet then it's going to slow the process cause of taking longer to download the patch.

It has nothing to do with being a fanboy, it's has to do with common knowledge...

Now take your butthurt self and go away.

the TC asked a simple question and instead of anyone answering his question they all started giving excuses and going off on irrelevant tangents

that's how things usually go on the xbox one board though

we just explained to the TC as to why the installs where slow and gave him a remedy for it until it was fixed, as not many people think about unhooking their xbox ones from their networks. also we didn't see you answering the TC's question either, instead you chimed in with a smartass remark that clearly showed that you have no unearthly idea wtf you are even talking about.
---
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/BlaseCasper316
XBL Gamertag: Casper316
#25Syn_VengeancePosted 9/3/2014 10:44:10 AM
BeefEaster posted...
Syn_Vengeance posted...
BeefEaster posted...

the xbox one still has slow install times regardless of if it's downloading a patch or not

It may have slow install times for you but they take no more then 25-30 mins for me which isn't bad at all. The game downloads the patch while installing so if you have crappy internet then it's going to slow the process cause of taking longer to download the patch.

It has nothing to do with being a fanboy, it's has to do with common knowledge...

the TC asked a simple question and instead of anyone answering his question they all started giving excuses and going off on irrelevant tangents

that's how things usually go on the xbox one board though

Ummm no, the very first person to respond gave TC the correct answer, not excuses or irrelevant tangents.

You are still wrong.
---
Nothing is true, Everything is permitted..
#26Laylow12Posted 9/3/2014 10:45:55 AM
Miiri0 posted...
Well, PS4 is design for games that is why it have way faster install times than xbone. PS4 have superior hardware too
http://www.ign.com/wikis/xbox-one/PS4_vs._Xbox_One_vs._Wii_U_Comparison_Chart

Xbone is more TV. The abandoned kinect was an integral part of xbone

There is also a memory problem on the XBOX ONE. It's funny that some people are pretending this isn't happening when their leader Phil "TV TV TV" Spencer has acknowledged it. Guess they didn't get the memo that it's ok to acknowledge the problem now.

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Xbox-One-Suffers-PC-Style-Slow-Down-Due-Memory-Issues-60951.html

---
The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin
#27BeefEasterPosted 9/3/2014 10:46:33 AM
I guess it's not an act and you really are all this dense
---
I play with dolls: http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y153/BeefEaster/003_zps64d8bdd3.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y153/BeefEaster/001_zps33d21332.jpg
#28casper316Posted 9/3/2014 10:46:34 AM
ThatLaoGuy posted...
Owning an xbone seems like a lot of unnecessary work lmao

look mommy a Pony... Can I keep him???
---
#29casper316Posted 9/3/2014 10:47:41 AM
MrImpatient35 posted...
I'm getting tired of all the bull**** horror stories of install times taking 1-5 hours. That hasn't been the case ONCE. I'm not only talking about me either. My friends have X1, and they usually complain about it taking 30 minutes to install. People on this board say it takes them 20-30 minutes. So how is it that it takes someone 5 hours to install a game? Yes, somebody said 5 hours on this board. That's an obvious lie.

maybe if they where using dial up lol
---
#30Syn_VengeancePosted 9/3/2014 10:48:01 AM
casper316 posted...
Syn_Vengeance posted...
BeefEaster posted...

exactly that why I asked if he even had an xbox one because everyone that's experienced the long install times knows why and knows that disconnecting the xbox one from the internet cuts the install time in half if not more. he would know that if he actually had one.

He sounds like a Sony fanboy to me but I don't want to point fingers yet.

I agree though, pretty much everyone does know why install times take longer and since TC didn't, he simply asked and got the correct answer by the first poster. This dude just comes off as trying to make the Xbox look bad and got pissed when people truthfully gave TC a fix to his problem and proved him wrong in the process.
---
Nothing is true, Everything is permitted..