Install times better?

#51X_F_L_A_W_XPosted 9/3/2014 11:36:37 AM
MrImpatient35 posted...
I'm getting tired of all the bull**** horror stories of install times taking 1-5 hours. That hasn't been the case ONCE. I'm not only talking about me either. My friends have X1, and they usually complain about it taking 30 minutes to install. People on this board say it takes them 20-30 minutes. So how is it that it takes someone 5 hours to install a game? Yes, somebody said 5 hours on this board. That's an obvious lie.

Just putting this out there...perhaps said person was talking about Dead Rising 3, which took me over 6 hours due to the massive patch. No, this isn't the norm, and the total time is mostly from downloading the patch and not installing the game, but it's possible for games to take much longer than 20-30 minutes when factoring in large patches (which most people do when stating install times).
---
We all give up eventually...
#52casper316Posted 9/3/2014 11:39:25 AM
X_F_L_A_W_X posted...
MrImpatient35 posted...
I'm getting tired of all the bull**** horror stories of install times taking 1-5 hours. That hasn't been the case ONCE. I'm not only talking about me either. My friends have X1, and they usually complain about it taking 30 minutes to install. People on this board say it takes them 20-30 minutes. So how is it that it takes someone 5 hours to install a game? Yes, somebody said 5 hours on this board. That's an obvious lie.

Just putting this out there...perhaps said person was talking about Dead Rising 3, which took me over 6 hours due to the massive patch. No, this isn't the norm, and the total time is mostly from downloading the patch and not installing the game, but it's possible for games to take much longer than 20-30 minutes when factoring in large patches (which most people do when stating install times).

but...

BeefEaster posted...
installing has nothing to do with your internet connection

---
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/BlaseCasper316
XBL Gamertag: Casper316
#53bob15xPosted 9/3/2014 11:40:46 AM
gumboy774 posted...
Buys Xbox One Madden Bundle

Sets up system

Me: YAY! Next Gen Football!

Game takes nearly half a damn day to install, and when it finally does let me play the thing its not even finished!

Buys Diablo III UEE next day, Installs in 20 mins.

WTF!!!!

Ps: I have Comcast 50Mbps Internet.

EA servers?
#54EnclavePosted 9/3/2014 11:59:02 AM
BeefEaster posted...
Enclave posted...
BeefEaster posted...
I guess you guys didn't notice my gamertag in my profile that has 5 times more played games than my psn id

keep calling me a fanboy though if that makes you feel better

Didn't you know? Admitting there's an issue means you're a Playstation fanboy. Hell, Phil Spencer? Such a god damn Playstation fanboy, he doesn't know what he's talking about when saying that Xbox needs to do better with regards to installs. He probably doesn't even own an Xbox.

NUH UH, UR DOWNLOADING A PATCH THATS Y ITS SO SLOW PHIL SPENCER JUST ADMIT UR WRONG

Ok, yeah, this comes off as blatant trolling. You can be critical without acting like that you know.
---
The commercial says that Church isn't for perfect people, I guess that's why I'm an atheist.
#55X_F_L_A_W_XPosted 9/3/2014 12:03:08 PM
casper316 posted...
X_F_L_A_W_X posted...
MrImpatient35 posted...

but...

BeefEaster posted...

...when factoring in large patches (which most people do when stating install times).
---
We all give up eventually...
#56casper316Posted 9/3/2014 12:03:54 PM
Enclave posted...
BeefEaster posted...
Enclave posted...
BeefEaster posted...
I guess you guys didn't notice my gamertag in my profile that has 5 times more played games than my psn id

keep calling me a fanboy though if that makes you feel better

Didn't you know? Admitting there's an issue means you're a Playstation fanboy. Hell, Phil Spencer? Such a god damn Playstation fanboy, he doesn't know what he's talking about when saying that Xbox needs to do better with regards to installs. He probably doesn't even own an Xbox.

NUH UH, UR DOWNLOADING A PATCH THATS Y ITS SO SLOW PHIL SPENCER JUST ADMIT UR WRONG

Ok, yeah, this comes off as blatant trolling. You can be critical without acting like that you know.

no he can't because he's a troll.
---
#57casper316Posted 9/3/2014 12:04:38 PM
X_F_L_A_W_X posted...
casper316 posted...
X_F_L_A_W_X posted...
MrImpatient35 posted...

but...

BeefEaster posted...

...when factoring in large patches (which most people do when stating install times).

lol I know this, I was making fun of a troll.
---
#58InfiniteHERO(Topic Creator)Posted 9/3/2014 8:59:09 PM
Its amazing I ask a simple question and get home from work to see a 6 page monster of people arguing over an answer ..... Thank you for the people that actually gave me an answer.
---
PSN: Infinite_HERO79
#59CammyApplePosted 9/4/2014 1:54:38 AM
Can you install games from disc without being connected to the internet?

Patching and installing are not the same. Yes patching can make the entire process longer however it does not impact the time a game takes to install. The install is a different function. Disagree? Install a game sans internet connection.

The process is still slower than the PS4. I don't see it getting any better until the hardware of the XB1 is changed.
---
Everything's shiny, Cap'n. Not to fret.
Go hardcore with glitter on the floor.
#60Spetsnaz420Posted 9/4/2014 3:15:48 AM
MrImpatient35 posted...
AWarAmp84 posted...
The install times aren't bad if you have a decent internet connection. I've never had to wait more than 20 minutes for an install.

Maybe it's because I have my X1 connected WITH A ETHERNET WIRE why I never have problems installing games. My longest install time has been 40 minutes. They're install usually in 20-25 minutes. Even my digital install of Titanfall only took 20 minutes. My connection is 44Mbps. Is that lightning fast?

I only have a 15mbps connection but still manage to download 4.5GB patches in under 10 minutes. I don't see how peoples connections are the issue when I'm on one of the lower tier connections
---
If opinions were a commodity, people wouldn't waste them on stupid crap.
A sight for sore eyes to the blind would be awful majestic