Install times better?

#71InfiniteHERO(Topic Creator)Posted 9/4/2014 4:37:53 AM
Well the PS3 had similar issues and they pretty much eliminated all those with the PS4. The 360 used to smoke the PS3 with install and DL times, how you go to what you have now just has me scratching my head...
---
PSN: Infinite_HERO79
#72bob15xPosted 9/4/2014 4:49:21 AM(edited)
CammyApple posted...
Lapanui posted...
I feel the install times are better.

You have to realize the console is quite different now than it was at pre-launch and launch. Developers were probably rushing to get games ready and such, leaving out the compression part when it comes to installing their games.

CammyApple posted...
The process is still slower than the PS4. I don't see it getting any better until the hardware of the XB1 is changed.

It has nothing to do with the hardware... The BR drives are near enough identical, they read and write at near enough at the same speeds. Sony have some how managed to allow certain chunks to be installed first to allow you to play the game before fully installing it. If you were to start the installation process at the same time and wait for them both to get to 100%, without patches, they would be nearly identical.

This can be fixed with software.

Two things.

If the bold is true then the XB1 is not slower.

Prove the bold.

i am going to right this in caps because people can't seem to understand this simple thing

ITS NOT THE GOD DAMN INSTALL TIMES ITS HOW FAST EACH CONSOLE IS ABLE TO GET TO THE POINT TO WHERE YOU CAN PLAY. THE PS4 IS MUCH MUCH MUCH TIMES 10 BETTER AT GETTING TO THAT POINT BUT IT IS STILL INSTALLING IN THE BACKGROUND. BOTH CONSOLES HAVE THE SAME SPEED HARD DRIVE AND BLURAY DRIVE SO THERE IS NO REASON TO PROVE BOTH WOULD INSTALL THE GAME FULLY IN AND AROUND THE SAME TIME ITS COMMON SENSE.

SO PLEASE WOULD PEOPLE GOD DAMN STOP TALKING ABOUT INSTALL TIMES WHEN ITS IRRELEVANT ITS ABOUT HOW FAST CAN YOU START PLAYING "WHILE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" ITS STILL INSTALLING.

my god people on this site just can't get things through their thick skulls no matter how many times they are told. Its like once they latch onto an idea they believe they will explode if they are forced to believe something different.
#73InfiniteHERO(Topic Creator)Posted 9/4/2014 4:54:24 AM
bob15x posted...
CammyApple posted...
Lapanui posted...

You have to realize the console is quite different now than it was at pre-launch and launch. Developers were probably rushing to get games ready and such, leaving out the compression part when it comes to installing their games.

CammyApple posted...
The process is still slower than the PS4. I don't see it getting any better until the hardware of the XB1 is changed.

It has nothing to do with the hardware... The BR drives are near enough identical, they read and write at near enough at the same speeds. Sony have some how managed to allow certain chunks to be installed first to allow you to play the game before fully installing it. If you were to start the installation process at the same time and wait for them both to get to 100%, without patches, they would be nearly identical.

Two things.

Prove the bold.

i am going to right this in caps because people can't seem to understand this simple thing

ITS NOT THE GOD DAMN INSTALL TIMES ITS HOW FAST EACH CONSOLE IS ABLE TO GET TO THE POINT TO WHERE YOU CAN PLAY. THE PS4 IS MUCH MUCH MUCH TIMES 10 BETTER AT GETTING TO THAT POINT BUT IT IS STILL INSTALLING IN THE BACKGROUND. BOTH CONSOLES HAVE THE SAME SPEED HARD DRIVE AND BLURAY DRIVE SO THERE IS NO REASON TO PROVE BOTH WOULD INSTALL THE GAME FULLY IN AND AROUND THE SAME TIME ITS COMMON SENSE.

SO PLEASE WOULD PEOPLE GOD DAMN STOP TALKING ABOUT INSTALL TIMES WHEN ITS IRRELEVANT ITS ABOUT HOW FAST CAN YOU START PLAYING "WHILE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" ITS STILL INSTALLING.

my god people on this site just can't get things through their thick skulls no matter how many times they are told. Its like once they latch onto an idea they believe they will explode if they are forced to believe something different.

ok BOB, pretty sure thats what everyone is talking about already sorry we didnt specifically point that out...
---
#74bob15xPosted 9/4/2014 4:58:57 AM(edited)
InfiniteHERO posted...
bob15x posted...
CammyApple posted...
Lapanui posted...

CammyApple posted...

Two things.

Prove the bold.

ok BOB, pretty sure thats what everyone is talking about already sorry we didnt specifically point that out...

really, did you read Cammys comments? because that is not what he was talking about. and you damn well know in a week there will be another topic complaining about the difference in INSTALL times.
#75InfiniteHERO(Topic Creator)Posted 9/4/2014 5:02:26 AM
"really, did you read Cammys comments? because that is not what he was talking about. and you damn well know in a week there will be another topic complaining about the difference in INSTALL times"

Thats all people do now is complain about something, I think they forgot how to just enjoy games for what they are.
---
#76SoftAssassinPosted 9/4/2014 12:49:47 PM
bob15x posted...
Beefeaster, Just stop, you made an error. Stop being a coward and just admit you didn't know that and move on.

And fyi, the installs do not take too long, the ability to play while you are installing takes too long. The ps4 does it very very fast, but the xbox one takes almost 50% before you can play.

so you are wrong about a few things.

just admit it and show everyone you are a man.

Bob15x, why don't you be a man and admit that you don't hate microsoft. After all, you posted that. It's hilarious when a hypocrite expects someone to "man up" when they've yet to "man up" themselves. Also, being on gamefaqs for almost a year I've seen you proven wrong by other posters many times. Not once have you "manned up" and admitted you were wrong.
#77GFaqsUser22Posted 9/4/2014 1:22:46 PM
This board is always good for a laugh after a hard day of work. It's amazing how often topics disintegrate into complete chaos over an argument that usually doesn't have anything to do with the original post. To 500!
#78CammyApplePosted 9/4/2014 6:23:09 PM
InfiniteHERO posted...
"really, did you read Cammys comments? because that is not what he was talking about. and you damn well know in a week there will be another topic complaining about the difference in INSTALL times"

Thats all people do now is complain about something, I think they forgot how to just enjoy games for what they are.

I wasn't talking about that, they are correct. I wasn't complaining either. I was simply having a discussion about install times.
---
Everything's shiny, Cap'n. Not to fret.
Go hardcore with glitter on the floor.