NHL 15 available for EA Access subscribers Thursday

#31ChiliPupPosted 9/3/2014 11:26:04 AM
kennyynnoo posted...
If you only want 1 game then it's not for you.

I'll take that as your concession. It should have happened about six posts ago. Just saying.

---
---
[This moderator or administrator was deleted at the request of this message.]
#32kennyynnooPosted 9/3/2014 11:28:29 AM
ChiliPup posted...
kennyynnoo posted...
If you only want 1 game then it's not for you.

I'll take that as your concession. It should have happened about six posts ago. Just saying.

---

But nhl typically runs over $30 in a year so I'd take a year of ea access and several other games and dlc discounts with nhl for $30 over that 1 game for probably $40 still.
---
Own: Xbox one, 360, PS3, Wii
Richard is also known as Dick.
#33ChiliPupPosted 9/3/2014 11:31:52 AM(edited)
kennyynnoo posted...
But nhl typically runs over $30 in a year so I'd take a year of ea access and several other games and dlc discounts with nhl for $30 over that 1 game for probably $40 still.

Now I get, and respect, what you are saying. And it honestly sounds like a great deal for many gamers. I have absolutely no problem whatsoever with EA Access. I eagerly await to see if it becomes a trendsetter and more things follow. But the key here... the one word you never mentioned in this specific post... "FREE".

That. Was. My. Only. Point. All. Along. Thank. You.

---
---
#34AgentLockePosted 9/3/2014 11:31:21 AM
Ellesarien posted...
kennyynnoo posted...
ChiliPup posted...
kennyynnoo posted...
I paid for 2 years, $60, one time. NHL in 1 year costs me nothing.

So can we now say that PS+ has no free games based on your logic?

Lol dude, seriously. First of all, your first sentence is EXACTLY what I'm referring to. Even if it truly is a fantastic deal, which I'm not saying it is or isn't, don't ever the mistake of thinking anything you get with it is "free". You paid for it already.

Secondly, the exact same thing applies to PS+. I suppose you think I will defend Sony's just because it's Sony? Lol my god, man, it's the same concept. Again, even if they are well worth the money for the amount of content you get, none of them are "free".

---

It's free because I'm not paying more for it. I wasn't planning on getting nhl at all, forgot this game existed along with pga until after I paid. Theoretically it's not free but it beats paying for a game I don't want to buy, Its free to own in a year with the subscription that I'm using for other games.

Why care man what one troll thinks about your purchases with your money? You like EA access? Yes? That's all that matters. You're giving this guy the attention he craves on this board.

Honestly, this right here is a huge problem I have with this board (and people in general) both guys made extremely valid points. Yes it in no way is "free" since you did pay. However if I bought EA access for bf4 and fifa alone and a game I don't care for came out for it, I would look at it as a nice little "gift" from the service. Is it really that hard for people to see both sides to an argument? I see it all the time in every day life. It's annoying to say the least.
---
The Xbox one forum should be called the "Xbox vs Ps4" forum.
GT: KB ReDZ (Add me for MCC/Destiny/Forza/Fifa)
#35ChiliPupPosted 9/3/2014 11:32:47 AM
AgentLocke posted...
Honestly, this right here is a huge problem I have with this board (and people in general) both guys made extremely valid points. Yes it in no way is "free" since you did pay. However if I bought EA access for bf4 and fifa alone and a game I don't care for came out for it, I would look at it as a nice little "gift" from the service. Is it really that hard for people to see both sides to an argument? I see it all the time in every day life. It's annoying to say the least.

See my last post. Agree with you entirely. Even if I sounded like an immature, sarcastic brat in making my point lol.

---
---
#36AgentLockePosted 9/3/2014 11:33:55 AM
ChiliPup posted...
AgentLocke posted...

See my last post. Agree with you entirely. Even if I sounded like an immature, sarcastic brat in making my point lol.

---

Hah, I did dude, right after my post and mad props. That's a rare thing to see here.
---
The Xbox one forum should be called the "Xbox vs Ps4" forum.
GT: KB ReDZ (Add me for MCC/Destiny/Forza/Fifa)
#37ChiliPupPosted 9/3/2014 11:36:59 AM
AgentLocke posted...
Hah, I did dude, right after my post and mad props. That's a rare thing to see here.

Lol the only thing free around here are the insults!

And the love, of course!!! :)

---
---
#38duericPosted 9/3/2014 11:43:31 AM
ChiliPup posted...
kennyynnoo posted...

Now I get, and respect, what you are saying. And it honestly sounds like a great deal for many gamers. I have absolutely no problem whatsoever with EA Access. I eagerly await to see if it becomes a trendsetter and more things follow. But the key here... the one word you never mentioned in this specific post... "FREE".

---

If they gave me one current game a year, or even a semi recent one (read: one that doesn't have the new version coming in weeks), it would totally be worth the subscription fee.

As it stands, it's basically a Gamestop rewards card that costs 2x as much and makes you buy games you don't want. That's just how I see it.
---
"It's like people using the internet have never heard of the internet." - SadHillShowdown Gamefaqs member
#39kennyynnooPosted 9/3/2014 11:54:19 AM
dueric posted...
ChiliPup posted...
kennyynnoo posted...

---

If they gave me one current game a year, or even a semi recent one (read: one that doesn't have the new version coming in weeks), it would totally be worth the subscription fee.

As it stands, it's basically a Gamestop rewards card that costs 2x as much and makes you buy games you don't want. That's just how I see it.

That's the thing, you have like several games or its useless. There are only a few companies that this works with. For sports fans it works fine.
---
Own: Xbox one, 360, PS3, Wii
Richard is also known as Dick.
#40squon8888Posted 9/3/2014 11:59:53 AM
Is EA access officially out? I thought it wasstill in the beta?