Who is a casual gamer? good read.

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Who is a casual gamer? good read.
1 year ago#1
There are a lot of definitions of the fabled casual gamer and I find all of them wrong. Imo, this below is the most accurate description of the casual gamer

Casual gamer is a person who enjoys games with less depth and thinks it's perfectly ok to think a very simple input game like flappy bird is the best game ever made.

Casual gamer is also a person who says 'but I don't have the patience and don't want to spend all that time to play this complex rpg all the way to the end'. I might just play a little cod here and there.

A hardcore gamer is a person who plays through and enjoys immensely a complicated non mmo rpg and tries to complete all side quests as well.

A hardcore gamer is also someone who looks for more in a game than jumping over obstacles or pew pew pew.

Agree or disagree?
---
Sanas_thiritu misjudged sales of Kinect less xbox.
Come on Xbox! !
1 year ago#2
Casual gamer is someone who casually game.

Hardcore gamer is also known as a virgin or basement dweller
1 year ago#3
Agreed somewhat.

Casual - someone who play games occasionally and don't keep up with gaming news aside from games that has heavy marketing behind it.

Hardcore - someone who follows gaming news closely and when he plays a game he enjoys, he wants to understand all the intricacies.
1 year ago#4
I think casual gamers are people who aren't very competitive about their games and who don't devote a certain percentage of their time or money into gaming.
---
3ds friend code: 0645-7095-3198
3ds profile name: Mattress. Pokemon ign: bilbo
1 year ago#5
I play hardcore games casually, but ive never been hardcore about a casual game.
---
MSI Z87-G45 | I7-4771 Turbo | GTX 770 4GB GDDR5 | Corsair HX 850W |
8GB DDR3 | 1TB 128 MB Cache HD | Windows 8.1 | 360 | XB1 | WII U | 3DS
1 year ago#6
Jptremblay13 posted...
Hardcore gamer is also known as a virgin or basement dweller

Unless they're not a virgin, nor a basement dweller... but they still enjoy hardcore gaming.

Doh!

---
---
[This moderator or administrator was deleted at the request of this message.]
1 year ago#7
Disagree. A gamer is a gamer.
---
Currently Playing: Metro Redux and PvZ:GW.
(Owner: gaming PC, 360, PS3, 3DS, Wii, WiiU, Xbox One)
1 year ago#8
a casual gamer is one who only plays fps and hate on other genres like jrpg, fighting, platforming, etc.
1 year ago#9
kidwgm posted...
Disagree. A gamer is a gamer.

---
Not taking Gamefaqs seriously since 2004. Gamefaqs mods are a joke.
1 year ago#10
There really isn't a definition for hardcore or casual gamer. I avoid using the terms because they really don't mean anything and each person will interpret them differently. To me, you either play games or you don't.
---
XBL - cheezedadada / PSN - cheezedadadada
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Who is a casual gamer? good read.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived