Who is a casual gamer? good read.

#31ChiliPupPosted 9/3/2014 1:21:32 PM
Juzten76 posted...
Casual gamers don't hang out on gamefaqs.

I knew it!!! I'm hardcore baby!!! ;)

woot

---
---
[This moderator or administrator was deleted at the request of this message.]
#32duericPosted 9/3/2014 1:22:56 PM
ChiliPup posted...
dueric posted...
Let me ask you this. Would you literally forgo plans with friends or family to game?

If it's plans to go out to dinner, or to a festival, or a movie, then no, I would not miss it. But if it's plans to go grocery shopping, then maybe ;)

---

Well, yeah. I blow off grocery shopping to pick my nose. LOL
---
"It's like people using the internet have never heard of the internet." - SadHillShowdown Gamefaqs member
#33ChiliPupPosted 9/3/2014 1:24:38 PM
dueric posted...

Does that make you a casual picker, or a hardcore picker? Or does it depend on the quantity of boogers?

---
---
#34duericPosted 9/3/2014 1:31:06 PM
ChiliPup posted...
dueric posted...

Does that make you a casual picker, or a hardcore picker? Or does it depend on the quantity of boogers?

---

The boogers are ALWAYS quality. Otherwise I wouldn't eat em. :)
---
"It's like people using the internet have never heard of the internet." - SadHillShowdown Gamefaqs member
#35ChiliPupPosted 9/3/2014 1:34:44 PM
dueric posted...
ChiliPup posted...
dueric posted...

---

Oh my. Actually I said "quantity", not "quality", ...but I'm not sure it even matters at this point lol.

---
---
#36duericPosted 9/3/2014 1:35:53 PM
ChiliPup posted...
dueric posted...
ChiliPup posted...
dueric posted...

---

Oh my. Actually I said "quantity", not "quality", ...but I'm not sure it even matters at this point lol.

---

Well, quantity works too. HA!!
---
#37TOhasNoRingPosted 9/3/2014 1:37:37 PM
dueric posted...
ChiliPup posted...
dueric posted...
No. Being a professional gamer and someone who literally can't not play are two completely different things. Hardcore gamers forgoe everything else to game. It's always their priority. Not because they want it to be, but because it has to be.

For the sake of argument. I wouldn't call your girlfriend a gamer at all. She's just someone who will play Wii Bowling every now and then.

I, in the other hand, am a casual gamer. Despite the fact that I play a lot and spend tons of money on the hobby. The difference is, I can quite literally stop at the drop of a hat. Because its just that. A hobby. Not a way of life. I don't need to plan around my gaming.

If that makes any sense?

Well I would still argue that I am a hardcore gamer. Because unlike you, I could NOT stop at the drop of a hat. I desire gaming. I crave it. I look forward to my dedicated gaming time. And I often daydream about gaming while I'm at work or driving. It's my second favorite hobby, next to playing music. But both of those "hobbies" are more like lifestyles for me. They are both a part of who I am. And I'm not ashamed of that fact, because I'm still able to manage a career and a long-term relationship. If one of those things suffered because of my gaming, I might feel differently about it.

---

Let me ask you this. Would you literally forgo plans with friends or family to game?

So dueric's opinion of a hardcore gamer is only complete nerds who never go outside or want to hang out with friends/family, literally just sits in his dark basement doing nothing but playing video games his whole life...?
---
Intel Atom 1.20GHz - 512MB DDR2 SDRAM - Serial ATA 5400 RPM HDD - Intel GMA 3600
#38ChiliPupPosted 9/3/2014 1:38:12 PM
dueric posted...
ChiliPup posted...
dueric posted...
ChiliPup posted...
dueric posted...

---

---

Well, quantity works too. HA!!

Lol! That reminds me of the new book I've been working on. "How to derail a gamefaqs topic in ten posts or less." I expect it to be a best-seller at Barnes & Noble. Of course, it will be in the "hardcore gamer" section.

---
---
#39duericPosted 9/3/2014 1:40:28 PM
ChiliPup posted...

Lol! That reminds me of the new book I've been working on. "How to derail a gamefaqs topic in ten posts or less." I expect it to be a best-seller at Barnes & Noble. Of course, it will be in the "hardcore gamer" section.

---

Dude, derailing is almost mandatory on this board. But we could easily go 5 or less if we really tried, and nobody even has to mention pancakes. LOL
---
#40duericPosted 9/3/2014 1:41:39 PM
TOhasNoRing posted...

So dueric's opinion of a hardcore gamer is only complete nerds who never go outside or want to hang out with friends/family, literally just sits in his dark basement doing nothing but playing video games his whole life...?

Yes. That's exactly what I said.
---