Are people still interested in the Elder Scrolls Online RPG?

#1IceHuskyPosted 9/3/2014 11:51:34 AM
No one ever talks about it anymore. Are people still interested in this? FWIW, I was never interested in it since I don't care for MMORPGs. The one time I would have actually preferred a remaster, it would have been for Bethesda to release a Skyrim remaster instead of this MMORPG. Oh well.
---
My Game Collection: http://vgcollect.com/icewolf
An original gamer since 1980
#2Lord_Ka1nPosted 9/3/2014 11:52:02 AM
They never were.
---
PSN - Lord_Ka1n
3DS FC - 2680-9921-1203
#3redditon4chanPosted 9/3/2014 11:53:31 AM
Played the beta at someone's house for a couple hours and left completely uninterested.

I understand it was a limited amount of what the game had to offer, but I found no interest in even the most basic stuff.

At this point I'd be beyond surprised if it saw a console release.
#4Blade_Of_IcePosted 9/3/2014 11:54:18 AM
Lord_Ka1n posted...
They never were.

this
#5RuinerEraserPosted 9/3/2014 11:54:23 AM
Not even slightly. I hear it Is a mess.
---
GT: Lazer Ape
Currently Playing: Diablo 3, Dead Rising 3
#6ChiliPupPosted 9/3/2014 11:54:31 AM
Lord_Ka1n posted...
They never were.

This. It was a downright sham if you ask me. Bethesda should know exactly what their fans want by now. Speaking of which, where in the hell is Fallout 4? Seriously.

---
---
[This moderator or administrator was deleted at the request of this message.]
#7LithiumDeal26Posted 9/3/2014 11:55:50 AM
It was probably the last thing I picked up at launch and almost immediately regretted wasting the $60. It's just extremely bland,boring, and feels more like an EO MMO using Oblivion rather than Skyrim as it's frame.
---
XBL- LithiumDeal
#8MetroidFan9999Posted 9/3/2014 11:58:17 AM
It sucks as an MMO, and sucks as an ES game.
---
For a good laugh - http://misterxmedia.livejournal.com/
#9IceHusky(Topic Creator)Posted 9/3/2014 11:58:54 AM(edited)
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2014/09/03/layoffs-hit-the-elder-scrolls-online-developer-zenimax-online.aspx

Bethesda assures that this won’t impact The Elder Scrolls Online and the team continues its work on both the PC and upcoming console versions. “We remain strongly committed to The Elder Scrolls Online, and continue to invest heavily to develop new content for PC players, prepare the game for its console launch, and handle our planned expansion into important international territories,” we were told. “As for customer service, we continue to operate large support centers in Hunt Valley, MD and Galway, Ireland.”

I find this bit of news interesting, especially going by the replies in this thread who say this game is garbage. I wonder if it would behoove Bethesda to completely redo this game as Square-Enix did with Final Fantasy XIV?
---
My Game Collection: http://vgcollect.com/icewolf
An original gamer since 1980
#10SabramPosted 9/3/2014 2:58:25 PM
I actually greatly enjoy ESO. just renewed my sub for 6 months on it. The quests are much better than they were in Skyrim, and I have yet to get a mission that is simply "Go kill X number of Y monster" or "Collect 15 bear asses" or whatever.
The Voice acting can get a bit repetitive, but at least some of the voices you run into a lot are GOOD voices, like Steve Blum. The Skill system is nice but needs some work, and the crafting is far better than it ever was in Skyrim. The combat is a nice mix of Skyrim's combat with MMO standard action buttons, and there's enough skills from your class, weapons, guilds, and whatnot that even if you play the same race and class twice, you don't have to play it the same way.
Food in the game is highly useful, much more than it was in Skyrim, actually making a marked difference in your core stats for regen or buffs to health/magicka/stamina. Enough so that you will want to invest in the skill for it.
The character models are nicely done, the armor models as well (though there needs to be more variety) The new dye system is good, and gives you a reason to go achievement hunting. Being able to be in up to five guilds at a time (player guilds, not things like the Fighter's or Mages guild) is also great, since you can be in an RP guild, a raiding/dungeon guild, and a trading guild, among others, all at the same time. It also gives a nicer level of social connectivity than just listening or replying to whatever trolling or nonsense is going on in the general channels.

Tabards are done well, just as good as WoW tabards are if not better. Having shared bank space between all your characters is also a good thing, although bank expanding is expensive as hell and needs to be made cheaper.

Horses are done much better as well, with their own stats that you can influance as you level them up based on what you feed them, makes guild-based horse races better than just "who has the faster mount" since you need to balance speed and stamina. Horses can also increase your carrying capacity, so having one horse fully leveled for that and another built for racing is a good thing as well.

Every quest has its own storyline, and every faction has a main story, and so does every Guild (Fighter's/Mages etc) That will give you new quests as you level. My level 25 sorcerer hasn't touched the "main" quest since level 10, and I've barely noticed or felt the need to return to it. Changing zones for questing feels natural as well, and not just a "we need you to go to a higher level area"

Collectibles are all over the place, and mob trophies are fun to get without being so common that you expect them. Vampirism is done PROPERLY this time, with being at a low stage making you more physically resiliant, but higher stages making your vampirism abilities cost less magicka and (I think) do more damage. Werewolves need buffed.

Overall It's currently my favorite MMO, and I have played a lot of them. The upcoming Justice system and reworking of the Veteran Rank system to be more like Paragon Levels in Diablo 3 will encourage even more character growth, not to mention Spellcrafting is finally going to be making a comeback since Oblivion, though it won't be stupidly OP like it was in there or Morrowind.

I honestly don't see how people can dislike the game, unless all they were expecting was Skyrim 2.0 because this isn't that kind of game. There's certain allowances that had to be expected with the transition to an MMO environment. You can't become so overpowered you 1-shot everything in the game. The dungeons can be VERY hard and require some good coordination, as well as a healer who knows WTF they're doing.

Overall, the game is a great mix of Elder Scrolls and MMO, which is exactly what it is supposed to be. Like I said it isn't supposed to be WoW or Skyrim 2.
---
Dark Souls 2 + Dragon's Crown crossover game needs to happen.
PSN: Sabram - NNID: Sabram - Gamertag: Sabram