Are people still interested in the Elder Scrolls Online RPG?

#11Draconian-WhitePosted 9/3/2014 3:48:23 PM
Great writeup, Sabram. Spot on analysis in my estimation, as your experiences and opinion mirror those of my own. I've been loving the game, and that has not changed.

I've been playing MMO's and MMORPG's since Ultima Online (Pre-Trammel), with MUDs before that, and I find Elder Scrolls Online to be amongst the finest I've played. There's AC (Darktide baby!) AoC, Shadowbane, Dark Age of Camelot, and many others over the years; but let me tell you, ESO is right there and has already seen great improvements and many squashed bugs.

I'll be importing my characters and account to the Xbox One, once it releases. Quite excited to play it on a console (maybe I'll play it on both platforms, still unsure), and have had my eye geared towards this console release. In case anyone doesn't know, you can import your characters (from PC) to the console versions if you had a subscribed ESO account before June 30th of this year. The cost will be $19.99 for the transfer and game client (I assume they will give us that bundle digitally).

Really looking forward to it, it's a great game.
---
[XBL GT: AmbientGreen] [Steam: AmbientGreen]
[PSN: Vaporware]
#12duericPosted 9/3/2014 3:55:10 PM
Pay for the game, pay for Live, pay for a monthly sub. If you can somehow get console gamers to look past that, you better have one spectacularly addicting game behind it to keep them interested.

From what I've seen and heard, ESO is neither of those things.
---
"It's like people using the internet have never heard of the internet." - SadHillShowdown Gamefaqs member
#13RuinerEraserPosted 9/3/2014 3:58:51 PM
dueric posted...
Pay for the game, pay for Live, pay for a monthly sub. If you can somehow get console gamers to look past that, you better have one spectacularly addicting game behind it to keep them interested.

Yeah it's pretty brutal as all of those things add up. Pluts an MMO on a console just doesn't sit right with me. It's hard to pull off. I've yet to play a fun robust MMO on a console and I've tried them all..(which isn't a lot)
---
GT: Lazer Ape
Currently Playing: Diablo 3, Dead Rising 3
#14Jiggy101011Posted 9/3/2014 4:03:09 PM
RuinerEraser posted...
dueric posted...

Yeah it's pretty brutal as all of those things add up. Pluts an MMO on a console just doesn't sit right with me. It's hard to pull off. I've yet to play a fun robust MMO on a console and I've tried them all..(which isn't a lot)

DC Universe was my favourite and that's about it lol. I tried FFXI on the 360 and it was just so much easier buying it for my laptop and gaming on my 360 while looking for a party.
---
Gamertag: F1RE v2 PSN ID: F1REx
Currently Playing: Gears of War 3, Titanfall, Halo 4
#15duericPosted 9/3/2014 4:03:22 PM
RuinerEraser posted...
dueric posted...

Pretty much. Games that borrow MMO type mechanics will always be the preferred method on console over a full fledged MMO. Borderlands, Destiny, etc...

You can still get what makes MMOs addicting without draining your budget on a much smaller, console friendly scale.
---
"It's like people using the internet have never heard of the internet." - SadHillShowdown Gamefaqs member
#16JoeSkeletorPosted 9/3/2014 4:11:43 PM
Got it for PC when it launched its one of the worst mmorps in years sucked worse than the original FF14 such a missuse of the elder scrolls name.
---
PS4: Irskeletor / XB1: JoeSkeletor / WiiU: Deadskelton
#17rusty12000Posted 9/3/2014 4:24:49 PM
Played the beta, thought it was meh. Not the worse MMO I've ever played, because the combat was great. I think the worse part about it for me was that it wasn't just skyrim/morrowind/oblivion online, it was a totally different, less interesting game.
---
Everything EA contributed to gamers around the world in one youtube clip
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBoesEFWZnM
#18stawg007Posted 9/3/2014 6:14:51 PM
Id be somewhat interested it it was F2P but until then, I couldn't care less
#19leatheljPosted 9/3/2014 6:24:26 PM
I think most people including me just wanted a elder scrolls coop 2 or 4 players not a full blown mmo (hopeing to still get a coop in either fallout or elder scrolls) but yes I am still interested in it and I plan to buy it when it comes to console cause I rather like mmo games I do hear news about it a lot it's been up dateing and adding new content frequently and daily so the game IS alive.
---
"Gamers hate change. Unless there is no change. Then they hate sameness. Gamers hate games."
#20glassghost0Posted 9/3/2014 6:24:49 PM
Lord_Ka1n posted...
They never were.

---
http://imgur.com/PvllFT5
3DS FC: 3067-4989-8122