Are people still interested in the Elder Scrolls Online RPG?

#21HowatizerPosted 9/3/2014 6:36:38 PM
Bethesda makes decent games.... that are incredibly buggy and glitchy with very little experience with online games... especially MMOs which are probably the most difficult to make good.

They also just had a bunch of layoffs, I don't have much hope for the game.

Should just make the next scrolls game and throw In the abilty to co-op online.
---
It is fortunate to be favored with praise and popularity. It is dire luck to be dependent on the feelings of your fellow man.- The Havamal
#22BTM4444Posted 9/3/2014 6:59:21 PM
Yes until it was delayed, then lost all interest.
---
No one cares what your PC specs are.
#23Raddy8Posted 9/3/2014 7:25:31 PM
I was looking forward to it, but when the delay was announced I lost interest. Was going to be one of the few Xbox games to get at the time, now there will be too much else I'll be playing I think.
---
Gamertag: Pickle Swift
3DS friend code: 4339-2579-4895
#24killerbasaPosted 9/3/2014 7:29:41 PM
I got the game on PC a little after release. I did like the game for an MMO and actually enjoyed some aspects of it. However, I had other games I wanted to play at the time then lost interest. Knowing I had the monthly fee there while not playing it bugged me. I'm just not into MMO's anymore.
#25Reflex-ArcPosted 9/3/2014 7:30:53 PM
I dig the Elder Scrolls games, but detest MMOs. This one was never on my radar. I don't need cooperative gameplay in my questing, and PVP is just pointless.

Bring on the next epic Elder Scrolls solo game. I'm ready.
---
Case | Mother Board | CPU (OC'd!) | Video Card x 2 | RAM | PSU | SSD | HDD | Some Fans | Monitor | Mouse | Keyboard
#26SabramPosted 9/4/2014 12:06:48 AM
JoeSkeletor posted...
Got it for PC when it launched its one of the worst mmorps in years sucked worse than the original FF14 such a missuse of the elder scrolls name.

I have the sneaking suspicion you only played the beta and then wrote it off before you even got very far. Games like MMOs you need to play more than a few hours to get a good experience in playing it. It isn't like CoD or Diablo 3 where if you play for 10 hours you know pretty much all you need to about the game to make a judgement on it.

Most MMOs don't even really get going good until you reach max level or near it. As for calling it worse than the original FF14... That's just trollish.
---
Dark Souls 2 + Dragon's Crown crossover game needs to happen.
PSN: Sabram - NNID: Sabram - Gamertag: Sabram
#27bLiNdSnIpErZ20Posted 9/4/2014 12:36:56 AM
I lost interest when they announced the sub fee. No way I'm paying $15 a month.
---
Get back in your rocket, and f*** off back to Legoland you c****!
#28Draconian-WhitePosted 9/4/2014 12:41:39 AM
I'm probably in the minority (in fact I know that I am), but I'm glad that there is a subscription fee. I hope they stick to their guns with it, as I feel that it keeps out the general riff raff and the fly-by-night herdlings.
---
[XBL GT: AmbientGreen] [Steam: AmbientGreen]
[PSN: Vaporware]
#29rwfan2cPosted 9/4/2014 1:03:35 AM
Draconian-White posted...
I hope they stick to their guns with it, as I feel that it keeps out the general riff raff and the fly-by-night herdlings.

Although i agree with it keeping out the undesirables, I fully believe that in this day and age No MMO will ever be incredibly successful with a Subscription Model. The only (new) one that will, will be WoW2 and or Whatever Project Titan is. And even then i think you will have a a hard time prying all those people away from the toons that they put thousands of hours into who still play WoW.

I honestly think the best way to go about a p2p model is to do a pseudo-subscription Model like Wildstar. There model also keeps Gold Sellers way down. Quite and impressive way to do it honestly. To bad the game itself is only average (but better then ESO.)
---
Currently Playing: HearthStone, Diablo 3: UEE
Waiting for: Dragon Age: Inquisition, Forza Horizon 2, CoD: AW And an ME4 Announcement
#30MasteroftheArtsPosted 9/4/2014 1:03:48 AM
Sabram posted...
JoeSkeletor posted...
Got it for PC when it launched its one of the worst mmorps in years sucked worse than the original FF14 such a missuse of the elder scrolls name.

I have the sneaking suspicion you only played the beta and then wrote it off before you even got very far. Games like MMOs you need to play more than a few hours to get a good experience in playing it. It isn't like CoD or Diablo 3 where if you play for 10 hours you know pretty much all you need to about the game to make a judgement on it.

Nope. Beta's these days are all about presenting the product first and fixing bugs and stress-testing the servers second. There is literally no way I am going to drop $60 on a game whose main promotional vehicle (the beta) utterly failed to impress, and was by most critical accounts a lackluster, bug-filled mess. I wouldn't expect others to either. This isn't some f2p game that I can simply uninstall with no investment, other than 30 minutes and some bandwidth down the drain.
---
"I refuse to prove that I exist" says God. "For proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing..."