Slow Internet Speeds on Xbox One/PS4? SIMPLE FIX!!! Try It.

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Slow Internet Speeds on Xbox One/PS4? SIMPLE FIX!!! Try It.
1 year ago#11
Sounds about right, Most of the time the ISP DNS server sucks so i usually use Googles (8.8.8.8, 8.8.4.4)
---
Desktop: i7-4790k, 16gb Ddr3, R9 280x + 7970 Ghz Crossfire, Some HDD's, 840 Evo 250Gb
Laptop: Razerblade 14: i7-4702HQ, 8GB Ddr3, Gtx 765M, 256GB Msata SSD
1 year ago#12
dueric posted...
No way your downloading 5 gigs in 15 minutes unless you sitting next to the server with one of NASA's satellite connections.

All the tweaks in the world can't squeeze 20 lbs of s*** into a 5 lb bag.

I can do this easily on my speeds.

100/30Mbps.
---
I DON'T KNOW WHAT WE'RE YELLING ABOUT!
:XBL: THE B0DY :PSN: THE_BODY_ :NNID: The_B0DY
1 year ago#13
how does one use this if one is using a router?
1 year ago#14
It works but you wont see the increase hes claiming to get. His speed didnt magically jump to 3x what is allocated to him by comcast. Also there is no way with the speeds he posted he is even close to downloading 5GB in 15 minutes.
1 year ago#15
regs8376 posted...
It works but you wont see the increase hes claiming to get. His speed didnt magically jump to 3x what is allocated to him by comcast. Also there is no way with the speeds he posted he is even close to downloading 5GB in 15 minutes.

Comcast Doubles everyones Speed for Free...
6mb is actually 12mbs... Except i don't Obtain the x2 Speed Until I did the Trick!
& then it bumped up to 20mb Total ... True Bus Transfer Speed.

FYI this is for Wi-Fi Speeds.
1 year ago#16
uh huh. So with an 18-22mb connection you downloaded 5GB in 15 minutes...
1 year ago#17
trostol posted...

If you have a router, you can enter a manual DNS in the router settings. That's really the way you should do it, not in each device settings.

OpenDNS is good, they even have some free tools that you can use, if you make a free account. I think you can use some of the tools without an account. You can block domains, and you used to be able to put in your own custom results, so if you type dumbforum in the address bar on your computer, it would take you to gamefaqs or wherever you specify.

Changing DNS will not speed up downloads, but it could speed up search results if your ISP's DNS sucks. OpenDNS and Google are probably the most popular and trusted free DNS services.
---
Death to the New Flesh, long live Videodrome!
1 year ago#18
regs8376 posted...

uh-huh.
1 year ago#19
CapwnD posted...
trostol posted...

If you have a router, you can enter a manual DNS in the router settings. That's really the way you should do it, not in each device settings.

OpenDNS is good, they even have some free tools that you can use, if you make a free account. I think you can use some of the tools without an account. You can block domains, and you used to be able to put in your own custom results, so if you type dumbforum in the address bar on your computer, it would take you to gamefaqs or wherever you specify.

Changing DNS will not speed up downloads, but it could speed up search results if your ISP's DNS sucks. OpenDNS and Google are probably the most popular and trusted free DNS services.

It is just "Easier" for some people to do it @ the Device Level...
I did do it @ the Router Level. (( Because i own my Own DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem ))

My Router allows Access to DNS Settings @ that Level.
(( Some Routers will not allow such "Editing" ))
1 year ago#20
occman posted...
regs8376 posted...

uh-huh.

Well, no...that would be impossible. Because math. But I'm not trying to say that your topic and information isn't useful, because it is. Lets focus on the the good stuff!

I'd also add this to the topic, that you can get more detailed information about what is wrong with your network by doing a simple test that Isn't in the menu options on your Xbox, but it's there if you know how to do it:

Go to Network settings and select Test Multiplayer Connection. After the results are shown, don't press A to continue. Instead, press and hold LB + LT + RB + RT on your controller, and this will take you to the Detailed Network Statistics screen. It takes a few minutes, be patient, but it will eventually come up with some specific issues regarding your network setup.
---
Death to the New Flesh, long live Videodrome!
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Slow Internet Speeds on Xbox One/PS4? SIMPLE FIX!!! Try It.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived