Xbox One out now in Japan, watch out PS4!

#41RippleLaserPosted 9/3/2014 5:57:52 PM(edited)
10/10, tc genuinely made me chuckle.

Even the once exclusive Idolmaster didn't help the 360 much.
---
Just according to keikaku*. *Keikaku means plan.
FC: 3308-4927-8051 Pansear Pyroar Braixen
#42TrueGBPosted 9/3/2014 6:10:31 PM
ChiliPup posted...
Finally Japanese gamers will be able to buy the system that will be bringing all of those Japanese rpg's they like so much.

Just fyi, some games are much more likely to be released in a native market than a foreign one; ie, just because we don't see a lot of JRPGs on the X1 in NA doesn't mean there won't be more on the X1 in Japan.
---
Future Billionaire
#43IceHuskyPosted 9/3/2014 6:13:46 PM(edited)
BIGFELLAH26 posted...
IceHusky posted...
I am keeping extremely optimistic that the Xbox One will launch successfully in Japan. Hopefully there is hype for the console, what with the better launch titles available for it that cater to the Japanese folks unlike the PS4, which consisted mainly of western released games; hence why it is not selling well and getting beat out by the Wii U. lol

Wow, your stupidity keeps on growing. Exactly what games cater to Japan? Rise? no, that zombie game?no. I can't think of anything that would cater to Japan. If you think XBone is going to do well in Japan then you're sadly mistaken. Watch it get destroyed by the PS4 and WiiU.Lol.

Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag
Battlefield 4
Call of Duty: Ghosts (Dubbed Edition)
Child of Light
Crimson Dragon
Dance Central Spotlight
Dead Rising 3
Forza Motorsport 5
Halo: Spartan Assault
Killer Instinct
Kinect Sports Rivals
LocoCycle
Max: The Curse of Brotherhood
Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes
Murdered: Tamashii no Yobu Koe
Musou Orochi 2 Ultimate
Need for Speed: Rivals
Onigiri
Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare
Powerstar Golf

You must not have seen the Japanese launch titles? *rolls eyes*
---
My Game Collection: http://vgcollect.com/icewolf
An original gamer since 1980
#44ThePaleRiderpPosted 9/3/2014 6:22:35 PM
IceHusky posted...
BIGFELLAH26 posted...
IceHusky posted...
I am keeping extremely optimistic that the Xbox One will launch successfully in Japan. Hopefully there is hype for the console, what with the better launch titles available for it that cater to the Japanese folks unlike the PS4, which consisted mainly of western released games; hence why it is not selling well and getting beat out by the Wii U. lol

Wow, your stupidity keeps on growing. Exactly what games cater to Japan? Rise? no, that zombie game?no. I can't think of anything that would cater to Japan. If you think XBone is going to do well in Japan then you're sadly mistaken. Watch it get destroyed by the PS4 and WiiU.Lol.

Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag
Battlefield 4
Call of Duty: Ghosts (Dubbed Edition)
Child of Light
Crimson Dragon
Dance Central Spotlight
Dead Rising 3
Forza Motorsport 5
Halo: Spartan Assault
Killer Instinct
Kinect Sports Rivals
LocoCycle
Max: The Curse of Brotherhood
Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes
Murdered: Tamashii no Yobu Koe
Musou Orochi 2 Ultimate
Need for Speed: Rivals
Onigiri
Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare
Powerstar Golf

You must not have seen the Japanese launch titles? *rolls eyes*

The xbox one has just about as many if not more western games than the ps4. A few of the games you've mentioned are on the ps3/360. And I wouldn't talk down the WiiU because hasn't it still globally outsold the Xbox One? The WiiU has plenty of games and with the announcement of persona 5, disgaea 5, dragon quest warriors, etc the ps4 is only going to get more popular. Microsoft will have to seriously step their game up if they think they wish to compete in Japan.
---
Valar morghulis
#45kyncaniPosted 9/3/2014 6:34:59 PM
Tier 2 countries, now unleashed :)
#46GuardianShadow0Posted 9/3/2014 7:09:19 PM
I doubt many Japanese people even know what an Xbox is. It's all smartphones and tablets over there. The West is where the focus is now for consoles.
---
Killer of Topics
#47fretless58Posted 9/3/2014 7:20:12 PM
http://i.imgur.com/wTkiFi0.jpg
The Xbone is apparently very popular among Japanese traffic cones.
---
http://fretless94.deviantart.com/
#48avanentPosted 9/3/2014 7:27:54 PM(edited)
dueric posted...
Howatizer posted...
dueric posted...
Man, if MS is relying on Japan they're screwed.

Man dueric, we always seemed to end up on the same boards over the years, but I am not sure what happened to you on the X1 boards. I used to have a healthy respect for your posting, but of late it has become so questionable.

The reality is MS has never had anything resembling a foothold in Japan.

I was actually pretty surprised they decided to test the waters again with the One.

I think it is more in token than in actual hopes of moving concepts. Microsoft can throw money at anything, and to try to goad foreign support in game dev, I think they feel offering systems there is something they need to do to help land foreign devs, even if no one there cares.

TrueGB posted...
ChiliPup posted...
Finally Japanese gamers will be able to buy the system that will be bringing all of those Japanese rpg's they like so much.

Just fyi, some games are much more likely to be released in a native market than a foreign one; ie, just because we don't see a lot of JRPGs on the X1 in NA doesn't mean there won't be more on the X1 in Japan.

That statement works on nintendo and sony systems, but not microsoft systems. You aren't going to develop a game on a specific system for the native market if no one in your native market owns that system.
#49quincy2000aPosted 9/3/2014 8:10:59 PM
http://time.com/3262663/xbox-one-markets/
---
"Correct. Xbox One is Kinect." Microsoft VP
Really...seems this Day One Edition purchaser was "Madoff-ed by Microsoft."
#50sjc1279Posted 9/3/2014 8:48:02 PM
http://www.gamepur.com/news/16053-rumor-xbox-one-pre-orders-pretty-much-dont-exist-japan-no-red-dead.html
---
Playstation 4 1TB and PS Vita 32GB
Nintendo Wii U Black 32GB