Which did you like more- New Saints Row or Old school Saints Row

#1That_Damn_KidPosted 9/3/2014 4:58:18 PM
CRAZY or gangs

I thought SR4's craziness was a little too much. Surprised it's coming to next gen consoles. Would be neat if they went back to something like SR2 for the 5th game.
---
I'm not a kid, I just act like one
GT: ITS DAT DAM KID - PSN: Lamburghini89 - NNID: Its_Pikachu
#2WarsuhPosted 9/3/2014 5:01:13 PM
SR2 was awesome. But they had to distinguish itself fron GTA so they went and turned it into a mess around game and it's still awesome imo.
#3Exo401Posted 9/3/2014 5:01:16 PM
First one was the best. The second one was a little better. Third - WTF ?? 4th- havent played and never will.
---
These ****in big meaty balls, big meaty balls.
#4trostolPosted 9/3/2014 5:24:41 PM
4 was fun but i dont really think of it as saints row

3 was just not good..lack of customization...pretty weak story

2 was the apex of the series so far
#5Robin_MaskPosted 9/3/2014 5:27:05 PM
Exo401 posted...
First one was the best. The second one was a little better. Third - WTF ??

Even though the first game was a GTA rip-off, it did it well. Giving us a better view of gangs of different kinds and the sequel still held that view, it got crazy but the story wasn't kidding around.

The third is fun, but limited and the story is too cheesy.

Haven't played the fourth and lazy to do so.
---
KI: Fulgore/Orchid, USFIV: Bison/Evil Ryu/Makoto
#6sn3akywafflesPosted 9/3/2014 5:37:46 PM
Exo401 posted...
First one was the best. The second one was a little better. Third - WTF ?? 4th- havent played and never will.

Pretty much this, the third just killed the series for me. The second however I still play every once and a while.
---
High speed, low drag
San Antonio Spurs - St. Louis Cardinals - Creighton Blue Jays
#7phineasfoolPosted 9/3/2014 5:50:43 PM
I didn't enjoy the first or second games. The third one is where I started to enjoy them due to just being crazy fun.
---
GT - phineasfool
#8kungfuj0Posted 9/3/2014 5:51:19 PM
3 and 4 were fun games, but I strongly prefer SR2. That game is and always will be Saint's Row to me.

If and/or when they do an official 5th game, I hope they go back towards 2 in terms of the tone of the game. If they want to do the superpowers stuff, make a new franchise for that.
---
Sometimes I honestly think that Online is the WORST thing that ever happened to gaming.
#9Laylow12Posted 9/3/2014 5:58:36 PM
Saints Row 2 was the best, 3 was still good imo but 4 was horrible.

---
The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin
#10leatheljPosted 9/3/2014 6:03:50 PM
1st game great
2nd game fantastic at it's Peak good balance just improve multiplayer.
3rd game wtf
4th game WTF
---
"Gamers hate change. Unless there is no change. Then they hate sameness. Gamers hate games."