Which did you like more- New Saints Row or Old school Saints Row

#61J90074Posted 9/3/2014 11:28:09 PM
4 is my favorite, but I'm not a fan of realism in game and I hate how dull grand theft auto is. I love the ridiculousness. It keeps the franchise from becoming stale, and lets them experiment more because of an established fanbase.
---
gt= havikzero
SSBB FC:0989-1407-2689
#62TrueGBPosted 9/3/2014 11:52:30 PM
Playing it this very second, actually. New games all the way. I don't like GTA style games one bit. Worst parts of SR3 was the middle part of the game that was mostly GTA style stuff, but the first and last missions were anything but and were cool as hell. SR4's missions were too focused on throwbacks to earlier games, but Steelport itself was a riot. Played more like Prototype though.

Saints Row really took off on SR3 so clearly newer style is preferred.

kungfuj0 posted...
If and/or when they do an official 5th game, I hope they go back towards 2 in terms of the tone of the game. If they want to do the superpowers stuff, make a new franchise for that.

Give up hope: 5th game is looking like angels and demons, apocalypse stuff. I know that's the DLC game, but it's also supposed to lead into the next game proper which will likely be the same.
---
Future Billionaire
#63Shadow0no0morePosted 9/3/2014 11:57:39 PM
Both games have their merits. I'm one of the few fans that actually lump SR3 in with 1 and 2. Even this new one coming out, be it a sequel, spin off, dlc, whatever. When it comes to Saints Row, I've always felt Gat is Gat and he's the main reason I stick around.
#64JackNiefPosted 9/4/2014 12:18:50 AM
I liked the first and second one, but the SR2 protagonist just came off as a major a-hole, justified or not. SR2 with SR3 personality'd boss would have been probably perfect for me.
---
Proud Owner of: Playstation 3, Playstation 4, Gaming PC, PSP, DS, Vita
<CHANGE> all the <THINGS!>
#65lunaticcorePosted 9/4/2014 12:29:12 AM
New crazy Saints Row is best.
---
--- Chilling and Killing 11 (Punching Titans) on youtube.
http://youtu.be/q4p7NCm7fng
#66lunaticcorePosted 9/4/2014 12:30:09 AM
They are also never going back to the boring Saints.

So get over it normals.
---
--- Chilling and Killing 11 (Punching Titans) on youtube.
http://youtu.be/q4p7NCm7fng
#67levyjl1988Posted 9/4/2014 4:03:17 AM
I got into Saints Row because of the third, enjoyed the fourth. Never played the first and second.
---
I hate games with bad game design
#68ilexukiPosted 9/4/2014 9:26:19 AM
How to troll : a newbies guide to trolling at the most basic levels.

step 1 : read through the thread and notice most people really like SR2

step 2: notice most people do not like SR 3 and 4

step 3: make a post saying SR2 is garbage and SR4 is the best in the series

step 4: congratulate yourself, you've made a troll post

step 5: keep refreshing the page until someone vaguely references you

step 6: feel proud
---
The weak die out and the strong survive....which are you?
#69BiggyDXPosted 9/4/2014 10:43:38 AM
ilexuki posted...
How to troll : a newbies guide to trolling at the most basic levels.

step 1 : read through the thread and notice most people really like SR2

step 2: notice most people do not like SR 3 and 4

step 3: make a post saying SR2 is garbage and SR4 is the best in the series

step 4: congratulate yourself, you've made a troll post

step 5: keep refreshing the page until someone vaguely references you

step 6: feel proud

So because someone doesn't follow herd mentality and may genuinely enjoy the style of the last two games, that makes them a troll?
---
Gamertag: Biggy DX
#70X_F_L_A_W_XPosted 9/4/2014 11:06:52 AM
1 and 2 were great, some of my favorite open-world games. I couldn't make it through SR3, though. The "missions" felt more like side-activities than actual things I'm supposed to be doing to progress the story, and the story itself lost all of the seriousness of the first 2 in favor of "humor" that was infinitely more humorous when it wasn't the main focus of the game. They purposely rammed it down the throat of the player, which I get is part of being over-the-top, but the material itself wasn't funny enough to carry the game in that fashion after the first 2 were so good all around.

I recently purchased 4 because I found it dirt cheap; it should arrive either today or tomorrow, but I don't have high hopes. I'll go into it with an open mind instead of expecting it to carry the legacy of the first 2, but 3 was a complete disappointment and it seems 4 only expanded on the parts of 3 I disliked the most.
---
We all give up eventually...