Requesting Assistance! Regarding Xbox One controller returns

#1Charity_DiaryPosted 9/3/2014 7:42:24 PM
Aiight, so my friend's left bumper just broke. He still has the warranty, so he's sending his controller in to Microsoft, and they said they'll send him one back in a couple of weeks.

But Destiny comes out on Tuesday, and we're both getting it. He now has neither a controller to play it with, nor the extra money with which he could purchase a controller.

Could he like... buy a controller from Gamestop and keep the receipt, then when he receives the replacement from MS, take the unopened controller and return it with the receipt to Gamestop for a cash refund???
---
Trey Songz #1 Fan!
Charity_Diary
#2Charity_Diary(Topic Creator)Posted 9/3/2014 8:06:21 PM
No help yet? :'(
---
Trey Songz #1 Fan!
Charity_Diary
#3THEaircobraPosted 9/3/2014 8:37:23 PM
Well MS doesn't send you back a brand new-in the box- controller. When you buy an accessory from Gamestop, you have 30 days to return it, even if it's open.
#4kungfuj0Posted 9/3/2014 8:46:06 PM
Buy it from Walmart. They have a VERY liberal return policy. All you need is the receipt and some ID.
---
Sometimes I honestly think that Online is the WORST thing that ever happened to gaming.
#5Charity_Diary(Topic Creator)Posted 9/3/2014 9:05:59 PM
kungfuj0 posted...
Buy it from Walmart. They have a VERY liberal return policy. All you need is the receipt and some ID.

Ohhh right, I didn't think of that.
---
Trey Songz #1 Fan!
Charity_Diary
#6SPACEHAWKSPosted 9/3/2014 10:18:51 PM
Charity_Diary posted...
Could he like... buy a controller from Gamestop and keep the receipt, then when he receives the replacement from MS, take the unopened controller and return it with the receipt to Gamestop for a cash refund???

This is fraud, your friend should just wait for the controller replacement to play the game. If he buys a controller now with full intentions of only using it for a bit and then returning it then he is a very dishonest scummy person.
#7THEaircobraPosted 9/3/2014 10:22:54 PM
Or you can do what I just mentioned...
---
Proud Xbox One and PS4 owner.
#8x1STP_KLOSRxPosted 9/3/2014 10:49:46 PM(edited)
SPACEHAWKS posted...
Charity_Diary posted...

This is fraud, your friend should just wait for the controller replacement to play the game. If he buys a controller now with full intentions of only using it for a bit and then returning it then he is a very dishonest scummy person.

I agree with the fraud part but in my case it took Microsoft 60 days after receiving my controller to send another one back. Even then, they used a slow week long shipping method which added insult to the wound. I now have an extra controller because I was forced to go out and buy one because I would have been controller less for 2 months. The worst part was Titanfall was coming out in 2 days when it broke!

Microsoft couldn't give me updates. I had to file multiple claims to find out why my controller wasn't replaced yet. After waiting the mandatory 18 day window, they filed a ticket. Waited 18 more days because they said that's the ticket time and I had to call again. Finally got someone who tracked my controller down and said it'll be settled in a few days. Fast forward 18 days and I FINALLY get an email... "Day one controllers out of stock. We will notify you when available".

Unreal... So to the TC... Don't assume anything with Microsoft. I don't feel like I'm entitled to anything in most cases but after multiple hour long calls due to hold times and 60+ days on a process that Microsoft says will take at most 10 days after receipt of device, they could have at least thrown in a month of XBL or something... But nothing came from it.
#9kungfuj0Posted 9/4/2014 1:47:15 AM
SPACEHAWKS posted...
Charity_Diary posted...

Meh. It's Gamestop (or Walmart if he chooses to go that route). I have no problem whatsoever robbing the rich when need be. Serves them right for all the crap they've pulled over the years.

And I don't think that makes someone a bad person. I can live with taking an apple from someone who has a truckload of them. I can't live with taking an apple from someone who only has 1 or 2 to begin with. Some will say stealing is stealing, but I can sleep comfortably with one of those scenarios, not so much with the other...
---
Sometimes I honestly think that Online is the WORST thing that ever happened to gaming.
#10SPACEHAWKSPosted 9/4/2014 8:00:27 AM
kungfuj0 posted...
SPACEHAWKS posted...
Charity_Diary posted...

Meh. It's Gamestop (or Walmart if he chooses to go that route). I have no problem whatsoever robbing the rich when need be. Serves them right for all the crap they've pulled over the years.

And I don't think that makes someone a bad person. I can live with taking an apple from someone who has a truckload of them. I can't live with taking an apple from someone who only has 1 or 2 to begin with. Some will say stealing is stealing, but I can sleep comfortably with one of those scenarios, not so much with the other...

That is stealing and it is morally wrong. Just because someone has more than you does not give you the right to take from them or put them at a disadvantage. Earn your own truck of apples rather than taking the lazy criminal path through life.