Do you think it's possible all the DIGITAL 360 games bought will appear on ONE?

#1StarmanAnthonyPosted 9/3/2014 8:06:31 PM

Like borderlands 2

Among others..
#2TheRealJimmyCPosted 9/3/2014 8:21:55 PM
I don't think so. They can bundle the games in a franchise together with better graphics and all the dlc and charge 60 bucks.
#3That_Damn_KidPosted 9/3/2014 8:29:19 PM
No. MS isn't nice enough to do that.
---
I'm not a kid, I just act like one
GT: ITS DAT DAM KID - PSN: Lamburghini89 - NNID: Its_Pikachu
#4FoppePosted 9/3/2014 10:51:51 PM
That_Damn_Kid posted...
No. MS isn't nice enough to do that.

Nice got nothing to do with it.
It's two different hardware using different CPU structures.
What TC is asking is why he can't play his Nes cartridges on his shiny new Snes.
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. -CJayC
#5mindoftwomoronsPosted 9/3/2014 11:26:04 PM
StarmanAnthony posted...

No, because them being DIGITAL won't magically make them work on completely different hardware.
---
http://giant.gfycat.com/BiodegradableRevolvingBlueandgoldmackaw.gif http://giant.gfycat.com/EvergreenMiserableBorer.gif
#6Spetsnaz420Posted 9/4/2014 3:35:49 AM
Why spend money developing free BC when they can sell remakes for full price? I hate that Sony and MS are doing this
---
If opinions were a commodity, people wouldn't waste them on stupid crap.
A sight for sore eyes to the blind would be awful majestic
#7DeadLock25Posted 9/4/2014 3:59:21 AM
The fact that you put emphasis on "digital" makes me think that you dont realize why backwards compatibility is not possible. The cannot do it because of hardware differences, not because the disk cannot be read. The digital games are the same as the disk games, they are just delivered through a different medium.

A harddrive stores the same information as the disk. Digital or not, the games cannot be played because the X1 uses a different architecture, not because it cannot read Xbox 360 disks (it can)
---
GT: DeadLock25
FC: 0232-8879-2244
#8LapanuiPosted 9/4/2014 4:07:43 AM
Spetsnaz420 posted...
Why spend money developing free BC when they can sell remakes for full price? I hate that Sony and MS are doing this

Sony and MS aren't remaking, remastering or re-releasing games. The developers are though. Most of the games are re-releases though.

Instead, developers should invest time on new games or even a sequel.
---
GT: Zichu PSN: Zichu NNID: Zichu1
#9levyjl1988Posted 9/4/2014 4:32:46 AM
That sucks. Every time we translate over to the next medium something is lost. Publishers or developers that have been axed won't see the light of day on new gen. Sigh, games like KOTOR, BloodRayne, and ExtremeG3 Racing should be revisited or at least backwards compatible so I can play them.
---
I hate games with bad game design
#10FoppePosted 9/6/2014 1:48:37 PM
levyjl1988 posted...
That sucks. Every time we translate over to the next medium something is lost. Publishers or developers that have been axed won't see the light of day on new gen. Sigh, games like KOTOR, BloodRayne, and ExtremeG3 Racing should be revisited or at least backwards compatible so I can play them.

...so buy some old console or emulate them?
Or play the PC versions?
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. -CJayC