Which sports game takes more skill: madden or nba 2k?

#1LEGEND_725Posted 9/3/2014 8:26:55 PM
Which takes more skill. - Results (51 votes)
Madden
62.75% (32 votes)
Nba 2K
37.25% (19 votes)
This poll is now closed.
I say NBA no question. When I lose I usually feel like I'm outplayed or it's a good game. Madden just feels like a race to exploit hurry up slants/ tight end cheese.

Also madden you can't really control all players so you have to depend on the AI to not go brain dead which adds a lot of random elements.

I have friends who play 2K religiously but can't get within 10 while madden just feels like a coin flip most of the time.

I'm not saying nba doesn't have some cheese of its own but I feel like the game is a lot better when it comes to ranked gameplay and usually the better player wins.
---
Lift. Game. Academics. Party. = LIFE. Best mod dispute ever? http://i.imgur.com/db7oluz.jpg. Official dudebro of any forum... I lift more than you
#2leelee3105Posted 9/3/2014 8:29:35 PM
Madden by far because you have to overcome all those things you listed, and Madden doesn't turn on insta 3 pointer when you're down 20
---
12 August 2014 known as the day of SALT on pony island
GT je suisLe juif () But...but... the PS4 has more POWAH!
#3KlaimePosted 9/3/2014 8:33:02 PM
NBA is infinitely the better game, but it's so easy to cheese in that game. Madden is much harder than NBA.
#4kungfuj0Posted 9/3/2014 8:34:50 PM
Voted Madden, mostly because football is just a more complicated game than basketball.

Basketball is pretty simple. If you move the ball around enough, you will likely find somebody open who can shoot. Let them shoot when open and you have a decent chance of winning.

Football is SOOO much more complicated than that. You've got more people to manage (11 to 5), complicated defenses to outwit (zone dog, wtf????), and then there's game mechanics that you sometimes have to overcome too.

I have generally loved both games over the years and I think I can hold my own in either of them, but as for which one takes more skill to play, I'd say Madden.
---
Sometimes I honestly think that Online is the WORST thing that ever happened to gaming.
#5DojoMaxPosted 9/3/2014 8:45:25 PM
kungfuj0 posted...
Voted Madden, mostly because football is just a more complicated game than basketball.

Basketball is pretty simple. If you move the ball around enough, you will likely find somebody open who can shoot. Let them shoot when open and you have a decent chance of winning.

While I'd agree that football is pretty complex, if you think this is all basketball is about then you're dead wrong. Basketball has many types of looks and sets that defense and offenses run to get those guys open, different nuances, and challenges you have to overcome during the flow of the game.

Likewise for football, it comes down to position, playing a game like Madden gives you primarily a QBs perspective but to be a great QB you have to be able to identify and read defenses very fast, you have to have pocket presence and excellent timing. If you're a RB you have to do the same but also a find holes and react with lightening reflexes.

Defense comes down to position, on the defensive line you have to basically beat guys with speed and strength to stop plays before the happen. A LB might call plays on the field to create confusing looks for a QB RB... secondary guys might disguise coverage to trick receivers and QBs into thinking they're safe. It just depends on how the game is approached.

Football is more complex and for videogame purposes I'd say Madden is harder to master than NBA but NBA isn't a simple game either.
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVN_Ytl_bgA -- Titanfall is better on 360 than XBone.
PSN/XBL/Steam/Origin:DojoMax
#6kungfuj0Posted 9/3/2014 9:13:51 PM
I have been an NBA fan and a basketball fan in general since '83, so I am well aware of how complex basketball can be. And as complex as it can be, it is NOWHERE NEAR as complex as football can be.

They have SINGLE PLAY CALLS in football that read like PARAGRAPHS!

Most of the stuff in basketball is pretty simple in comparison, and it all revolves around creating shots for people in positions where they can make those shots. Yes, there are subtleties and nuances (coming off a pick the right way...making a cut at the right time, etc.), but its just not in the same league with football when it comes to that stuff.

Basketball is my favorite sport, so this isn't about trashing the game at all. It's just that if basketball is basic algebra, football is AP calculus when it comes to complexity.
---
Sometimes I honestly think that Online is the WORST thing that ever happened to gaming.
#7LEGEND_725(Topic Creator)Posted 9/3/2014 9:18:34 PM
While I agree IRL football is more complicated in trying to keep it to a video game here. I feel like that doesn't transfer to madden. It's running the same exploitable routes/hurry up/ going for it on fourth down and hoping the AI doesn't derp.

Nba 2k15 seems to be more about getting open looks/attacking the basket and kicking out. It seems a lot less cheeze and more about the game.
---
Lift. Game. Academics. Party. = LIFE. Best mod dispute ever? http://i.imgur.com/db7oluz.jpg. Official dudebro of any forum... I lift more than you
#8LEGEND_725(Topic Creator)Posted 9/3/2014 9:25:28 PM
I meant 2k14
---
#9holden4everPosted 9/3/2014 9:38:01 PM
As a non American I find NFL harder to understand but easier to win yet NBA is easier to understand but harder to win. I don't get a lot of the formations and plays in NFL but having the player routes on screen makes it so you don't really need to. NBA should be simple - get the ball, put it in the basket - but more often than not I'm on the wrong end of the scoreboard.
---
http://thebulldogs.com.au/media/logo_2010.png http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j137/holden4ever/ripqld.jpg
#10AgentLockePosted 9/3/2014 10:48:09 PM
Fifa
---
The Xbox one forum should be called the "Xbox vs Ps4" forum.
GT: KB ReDZ (Add me for MCC/Destiny/Forza/Fifa)