"Japan launch of Microsoft Xbox One a damp squib" Not good...

#11Crystyn_7BPosted 9/3/2014 10:55:11 PM
dnmt posted...
slyman19 posted...
NeoMonk posted...
SunDevil77 posted...
Who thought it'd sell a ton in Japan?
It's day one tho....
Even bad games and consoles have a few people buying them day one...

Yeah, just look at the PS4, okay launch, but then it was Flop City.

I don't even know why MS even tried when PS4 was flopping almost out of the gate.

Tells you a lot about the PS4 when it doesn't even need Japan in order to outsell the Xbone and in fact become one of the fastest and best selling consoles ever.

Tells you a lot about a troll when another troll's troll topic fails and he tries to troll it in a new direction. Did I mention trolls?
---
GT:Schreckstoff PSN: JudasInHell
Destiny Clan: Inquisition (http://www.bungie.net/en/Clan/Detail/164812)
#12Chrome76Posted 9/3/2014 10:56:05 PM
Japan usually avoids consoles now. They even have a word to insult Playstation and another word to insult Xbox gamers. High electric prices and lack of room to use the Kinect don't help. Plus mobile gaming there is exploding and them being somewhat xenophobic.
#13SabramPosted 9/3/2014 10:58:01 PM
Chrome76 posted...
Japan usually avoids consoles now. They even have a word to insult Playstation and another word to insult Xbox gamers. High electric prices and lack of room to use the Kinect don't help. Plus mobile gaming there is exploding and them being somewhat xenophobic.

Kind of shown in the Media Create numbers when the 3DS and Vita are the top sellers by about double.
---
Dark Souls 2 + Dragon's Crown crossover game needs to happen.
PSN: Sabram - NNID: Sabram - Gamertag: Sabram
#14HiddenRoarPosted 9/3/2014 11:05:13 PM
Chrome76 posted...

The WiiU still managed to outsell the 360 lifetime months ago in Japan.

So while consoles might not be the hottest thing, it says something when a console with "no gamez/3rd party (according to this board)" [Nintendo] outsells a console with games like ToV, LO, etc. [Microsoft]
#15Crystyn_7BPosted 9/3/2014 11:06:52 PM
HiddenRoar posted...
Chrome76 posted...

So while consoles might not be the hottest thing, it says something when a console with "no gamez/3rd party (according to this board)" [Nintendo] outsells a console with games like ToV, LO, etc. [Microsoft]

You do know the meaning of the word Xenophobic?
---
GT:Schreckstoff PSN: JudasInHell
Destiny Clan: Inquisition (http://www.bungie.net/en/Clan/Detail/164812)
#16snakes_codecPosted 9/3/2014 11:09:20 PM
Foppe posted...
Still surprised why they decided to release it in Japan before, I don't know, the second half of Europe?
Scandinavia is getting it first tomorrow.

As bad as the Xbox will do I Japan it will do higher Numbers in Japan alone than in all the Scandinavian countries combined . And in any case anyone in Scandinavia that wanted one has one as its easy to import across Europe due to the same currency.
#17HiddenRoarPosted 9/3/2014 11:09:57 PM
Crystyn_7B posted...

Apple (products) says hi.
#18IceHuskyPosted 9/3/2014 11:17:17 PM(edited)
Looks like console gaming truly is dead if even Japan isn't buying game consoles. It looks the Xbox One will be my last gaming console ever since game consoles won't be around much longer after the 8th generation. I truly cannot believe that this day has come. It is probably for the better for me though as I can move on with my life with more important and meaningful things like getting married, traveling, buying a house and all of that other "grown up" crap. :(
---
My Game Collection: http://vgcollect.com/icewolf
An original gamer since 1980
#19TheGam3925Posted 9/3/2014 11:17:14 PM
Crystyn_7B posted...
HiddenRoar posted...
Chrome76 posted...

Yes, in fact it is demonstrated pretty regularly here on this board. Not a big change from the 360 board I'm afraid.
---
Reviews? Polls? Sales? Resolution? FPS? Nothing matters now except for what the competition does not have.
#20slyman19Posted 9/3/2014 11:17:47 PM
TheGam3925 posted...
Crystyn_7B posted...
HiddenRoar posted...
Chrome76 posted...

Yes, in fact it is demonstrated pretty regularly here on this board. Not a big change from the 360 board I'm afraid.

What are you talking about?