Just put in my Xbone order...

#31SampsonMPosted 9/4/2014 11:33:18 AM
Just say you want them to mail you a copy of Destiny for free, and if they don't you'll return it all and never buy from Amazon again (even if that's not true).
---
An artist is a creature driven by demons. He dont know why they choose him and hes usually too busy to wonder why.
#32kungfuj0(Topic Creator)Posted 9/4/2014 11:42:23 AM
Hehe, I don't even know if I want Destiny! It's mostly a MP game, and I am mostly SP. I wouldn't complain if I got it for free though, that's for damn sure!
---
Sometimes I honestly think that Online is the WORST thing that ever happened to gaming.
#33Xeeh_BitzPosted 9/4/2014 11:45:26 AM
kungfuj0 posted...
Just got off the phone with Amazon.

They didn't say NO!

But they haven't said yes yet either...

Somebody from their promotions department is supposed to get in touch with me later today.

Don't know for sure what that means, but it wasn't a NO, so I still have hope!

Sitting here now trying to figure out which game I want, just in case...

Promotions department will tell you that Amazon does not price match.

Your best bet is to contact them via Chat and tell them that you have placed this order but if they do not grant you a promo credit of $60 you will return the order to them and buy else where.

I did that once, with the PS4 and they refunded me 30% of the price along with a $60 promo credit. So basically almost $200 back, heh
---
3770K | 780 Ti x 2
Steam: Xeeh Origin: TurboPeasant
#34kungfuj0(Topic Creator)Posted 9/4/2014 12:21:35 PM
I don't think I'm going to threaten them. If they give me a game, then cool, I'll most certainly take it, but if not, I was planning to make the purchase anyway, so its not like I've lost anything.
---
Sometimes I honestly think that Online is the WORST thing that ever happened to gaming.
#35SampsonMPosted 9/4/2014 12:46:51 PM
kungfuj0 posted...
I don't think I'm going to threaten them. If they give me a game, then cool, I'll most certainly take it, but if not, I was planning to make the purchase anyway, so its not like I've lost anything.

You're losing $60...
---
An artist is a creature driven by demons. He dont know why they choose him and hes usually too busy to wonder why.
#36ComradeRyanPosted 9/4/2014 1:34:26 PM
I recommend purchasing Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition. It supports 2-4 player co-op.
---
We must reverse Citizens United, Restore our Democracy, and Save the Republic. Join the Fight for Free and Fair Elections in America!
http://www.wolf-pac.com
#37kungfuj0(Topic Creator)Posted 9/4/2014 8:38:26 PM
You're losing $60...

No I'm not. You can't lose what you never had in the first place.

I made my purchase before I knew about the free game, which means I was never looking for a free one. If I end up with a free one, it'll be something purely extra that I wasn't looking for. It'll be a bonus if I get it, not a loss if I don't.

As for Diablo, I got it for my nephew on 360. I didn't really like it all that much. It was OK, but JUST ok. If I end up getting it on the xbone, it'll be after it gets cheap. I will probably take Destiny as the freebie, if they let me.
---
#38SampsonMPosted 9/4/2014 9:10:00 PM

I suppose.

But you have the option to return the console, then go buy it from Best Buy or GameStop or Target or whomever is participating in the free game promotion. Ideally Sam's Club or Costco if you're a member, as they usually throw in some sort of freebie with console purchases (3-months of Live or PS+ last time I was there).

You literally have nothing to lose. Amazon knows this. So if they won't play ball, just say:

"As soon as it shows up at my house on Tuesday, I'm going to request a return, print out the form and mail it right back to you guys. So just give me the free game so I don't have to do that."
---
#39Xeeh_BitzPosted 9/4/2014 10:58:31 PM
SampsonM posted...

I suppose.

But you have the option to return the console, then go buy it from Best Buy or GameStop or Target or whomever is participating in the free game promotion. Ideally Sam's Club or Costco if you're a member, as they usually throw in some sort of freebie with console purchases (3-months of Live or PS+ last time I was there).

You literally have nothing to lose. Amazon knows this. So if they won't play ball, just say:

"As soon as it shows up at my house on Tuesday, I'm going to request a return, print out the form and mail it right back to you guys. So just give me the free game so I don't have to do that."

That is basically it, shouldn't be much of a problem. Also TC, there is a higher level of chat you can speak with. Just ask to have their supervisor or someone higher up make the decision.
---
3770K | 780 Ti x 2
Steam: Xeeh Origin: TurboPeasant