WHY is Xbox ridiculously unpopular in Japan?

#1TrueBlue91Posted 9/4/2014 3:22:09 AM
I get that PlayStation has always had better hardware and exclusives, but in no other nation is the popularity difference THIS big. I seriously don't get it. What's the deal?
---
Pour grammer annoy's me
#2CammyApplePosted 9/4/2014 3:22:43 AM
Not sure if troll or serious inquiry.
---
Everything's shiny, Cap'n. Not to fret.
Go hardcore with glitter on the floor.
#3TrueBlue91(Topic Creator)Posted 9/4/2014 3:26:43 AM
CammyApple posted...

Serious. Even when a country vastly prefers a certain console, e.g. in USA the 360 vs PS3, the difference is not THAT huge, to such an extent that even on day one nobody gives much of a crap.
---
Pour grammer annoy's me
#4WeirdShroomPosted 9/4/2014 3:27:05 AM
Mistaking spelling and punctuation for grammar annoys me.
---
GT: BxB402 - "Virtual High Five!" - Xbox Live Chat Support
#5WeirdShroomPosted 9/4/2014 3:29:32 AM
Japan has been a tad iffy on foreign products, especially american, since we put a bunch of them living here in camps and dropped 2 nukes on them. Rightfully so.
---
GT: BxB402 - "Virtual High Five!" - Xbox Live Chat Support
#6CammyApplePosted 9/4/2014 3:29:57 AM
TrueBlue91 posted...
CammyApple posted...

Serious. Even when a country vastly prefers a certain console, e.g. in USA the 360 vs PS3, the difference is not THAT huge, to such an extent that even on day one nobody gives much of a crap.

The problem is that you state Playstation has always had better hardware. That statement is false and is something that would be in a troll topic.

As a joke I'll say it's because the XB1 won't fit into a Japanese apartment, it's too big.
---
#7TrueBlue91(Topic Creator)Posted 9/4/2014 3:31:03 AM
WeirdShroom posted...
Mistaking spelling and punctuation for grammar annoys me.

I never did that, and those things do fall under "grammar" anyway.
---
Pour grammer annoy's me
#8CammyApplePosted 9/4/2014 3:31:30 AM
WeirdShroom posted...
Japan has been a tad iffy on foreign products, especially american, since we put a bunch of them living here in camps and dropped 2 nukes on them. Rightfully so.

This is mostly false. As a whole Japan loves western culture. We put Japanese Americans in interment camps. Their xenophobia doesn't have a whole lot to do with WWII. It existed long before that.
---
#9TrueBlue91(Topic Creator)Posted 9/4/2014 3:32:11 AM
CammyApple posted...
TrueBlue91 posted...
CammyApple posted...

The problem is that you state Playstation has always had better hardware. That statement is false and is something that would be in a troll topic.

As a joke I'll say it's because the XB1 won't fit into a Japanese apartment, it's too big.

Oh, right, the first Xbox. Well the 360 and XB1 then. Inferior hardware.
---
Pour grammer annoy's me
#10Rapscallion84Posted 9/4/2014 3:32:17 AM
Pretty sure with the original Xbox that Japanese players had trouble holding the massive controller, so maybe it stemmed from there?

Could be a myth though.