WHY is Xbox ridiculously unpopular in Japan?

#41WeirdShroomPosted 9/4/2014 4:05:32 AM
The manufacture doesn't figure into how much the product is geared towards the culture. Sony does,Nintendo Does, Apple conforms. Xbox is geared overwhelmingly towards a western audience. This being why Xbox is not big in Japan has been known since the first Xbox.

And btw, aren't most of the parts manufactured at Foxconn in China? Last I heard both MS and Sony used them for the new consoles. Could be wrong though.
---
GT: BxB402 - "Virtual High Five!" - Xbox Live Chat Support
#42rafa0506Posted 9/4/2014 4:06:23 AM
From what Ive been told from my Japanese friends once articles like these came out in Japan the iphone became popular.
---
Because Batman is a talentless hack with no powers that needs to hide like a girl to avoid getting shot to s***.dastoOge
#43billOrileyPosted 9/4/2014 4:09:28 AM
xbone is aslo getting stomped in germany too, even though the price of it is cheaper than the ps4. They're even trying to bundle halo and destiny for free when you buy an xbone over there.
#44MrImpatient35Posted 9/4/2014 4:13:52 AM
I'm told that they usually ignore foreign products. They never had a chance if that's true
---
HIIT or Tabata is necessary for me
#45dnmtPosted 9/4/2014 4:18:37 AM
MrImpatient35 posted...
I'm told that they usually ignore foreign products. They never had a chance if that's true

iPhone.
#46AwayFromHerePosted 9/4/2014 4:19:09 AM
The actual truth is that Windows never got a foothold in Japan as a PC OS.

The most popular thing Microsoft ever released in Japan was the MSX.
---
You are hallucinating. Seek help immediately.
#47twinstarnumber1Posted 9/4/2014 4:28:29 AM
I'm seeing a whole lot of hugely incorrect assumptions about Japanese culture being passed around as fact. This is mostly due to people going off of what they think sounds true and passing it around the internet.

It's not an opinion that Japanese youth as a whole absolutely love American culture and products. Strictly for the hip exclusive coolness of it. In very similar terms of the same reason why Americans get tattoos with kanji on them. Japanese youth do the same thing. It's extremely common to see them wearing American brands that they've paid severely heavy premiums for. Also they wear shirts with English on them, (often phrases totally out of context and understanding, cus it's"cool")

I lived in Japan for many years and I can tell you the youth doesn't care about what happened in WWII at all, it might as well be ancient history as far as their concerned. Some of the old people still carry resentment but even then a lot of them have gotten over it and welcome America as a whole. Incase you don't make the connection those people aren't the ones waiting in lines to buy consoles day one so they don't register into this equation.

Xbox brand doesn't do well as a whole in Japan simply because the consoles haven't had tons of games they're interested in, it's as uncomplicated as that. No nationalists, no racism, no xenophobia. Japanese youth don't care about any of that.
---
XBL Gamertag: mydarkstar --- PSN: mydarkstar
#48WeirdShroomPosted 9/4/2014 4:29:55 AM
DNMT is that guy we see in every Facebook comments section that says crap but never bothers to click the link.
---
GT: BxB402 - "Virtual High Five!" - Xbox Live Chat Support
#49SupaflyGibsonPosted 9/4/2014 4:30:52 AM
The ps4 isn't that popular either there.
---
gt: For Spartaa
#50TrueBlue91(Topic Creator)Posted 9/4/2014 4:32:08 AM
SupaflyGibson posted...
The ps4 isn't that popular either there.

I know, but at least PS4 sales are in the thousands. Xbox sales will probably continue to be in the triple digits.
---
Pour grammer annoy's me