why aren't Europeans buying xbox? (good read)

#1sanas_thirituPosted 9/4/2014 5:48:26 AM
As much as I don't like to quote vgchartz, for weekly sales it says the ps4 sold 65000 consoles in Europe. That's even more than what ps4 sold in the us.

Also xbox plus ps4 combined sales in Europe is around the same as the xbox and PS4 combined sales in the us. This means that Europe is as relevant a market as the us despite the economy and far far bigger than the Japanese market.

Everyone is talking about how japan doesn't like the xbox. But shouldn't we be much much more concerned why the xbox isn't doing well in Europe?

I live in the netherlands myself and I can't imagine not being able to play halo. Hence I'm an xbro here. Most of my friends used to have a 360 last gen and though they haven't bought ps4 this gen, they haven't bought the xone either. They're all going with the PC.

If there are others here from Europe minus UK, I'm interested to here why you think people here aren't getting on board with the xbox one. If you are a us resident, why do you think no one discusses European performance of the xbox? And what in your opinion went wrong?
---
Sanas_thiritu misjudged sales of Kinect less xbox.
Come on Xbox! !
#2_Doomguy_Posted 9/4/2014 5:49:40 AM
I'm guessing bad marketing?
---
Rip and tear! Rip and tear your guts! You are huge! That means you have huge guts! Rip and tear!
#3InterzoneMantraPosted 9/4/2014 5:54:02 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#4Batt3rPosted 9/4/2014 5:55:08 AM
Why minus the UK? Haha
#5TrueBlue91Posted 9/4/2014 5:55:44 AM
Europeans have good taste, I guess.
---
Pour grammer annoy's me
#6sanas_thiritu(Topic Creator)Posted 9/4/2014 5:58:10 AM
Batt3r posted...
Why minus the UK? Haha

Because the xbox still sells rather ok in the UK. It's in the rest of Europe that the xbox has little to no sales. UK is not an issue as of yet. The rest of Europe is quite concerning.

Besides, after the referendum promised in 2017, the UK might cease to be part of Europe anyway ;)
---
Come on Xbox! !
#7IHATEMYGTPosted 9/4/2014 5:59:36 AM
Same as everywhere poor marketing, and the delays to reigions like scandanavia...

PS4 has a huge hype train behind it. It doesnt really do much better than the xbox but perception is reality, so when people read about resolutiongate and DRMgate, theyre going to opt for ps4 most times.

its not going to sell AS WELL AS PS4 untill value is added to the purchase (read halo 5 and games of that ilk), but that doesnt mean its not selling well.

The xbox is doing ok and we should be happy with that, even wii u is getting great games this year. and its install base is rubbish in comparison, so we cant really complain on the xbox front :)
---
Make the internet the place YOU want it to be :)
#8IHATEMYGTPosted 9/4/2014 6:00:15 AM
Batt3r posted...
Why minus the UK? Haha

I thought that too what a racist thing to say xD :p
---
Make the internet the place YOU want it to be :)
#9billOrileyPosted 9/4/2014 6:00:32 AM
it's not only in the uk, it's all over the world that ppl aren't buying xbones.
#10sanas_thiritu(Topic Creator)Posted 9/4/2014 6:04:20 AM
IHATEMYGT posted...
Batt3r posted...
Why minus the UK? Haha

I thought that too what a racist thing to say xD :p

Oh no its not because of anything like that. Just that the xbox is doing rather well in the UK so no concern there.
---
Come on Xbox! !