why aren't Europeans buying xbox? (good read)

#11IHATEMYGTPosted 9/4/2014 7:07:56 AM
sanas_thiritu posted...
IHATEMYGT posted...
Batt3r posted...
Why minus the UK? Haha

I thought that too what a racist thing to say xD :p

Oh no its not because of anything like that. Just that the xbox is doing rather well in the UK so no concern there.

Just a joke my european bro no worries.

Plus, im not British, i'm scouse.
---
Make the internet the place YOU want it to be :)
#12sanas_thiritu(Topic Creator)Posted 9/4/2014 7:57:33 AM
Bump
---
Sanas_thiritu misjudged sales of Kinect less xbox.
Come on Xbox! !
#13kyncaniPosted 9/4/2014 9:00:28 AM
I'm thinking because we are more neutral :

- Sony is a japanese company and Japan favors the PS4

- Microsoft is an american company and America favors the Xbox One, relatively speaking as it is still not enough

No country in Europe has any horse in this race; it makes no difference to us.
#14kidwgmPosted 9/4/2014 9:12:08 AM
TC you need to really stop putting "Good Read" in your topic titles. These topics are not good reads at all.
---
Currently Playing: Metro Redux and PvZ:GW.
(Owner: gaming PC, 360, PS3, 3DS, Wii, WiiU, Xbox One)
#15SoulTrapperPosted 9/4/2014 9:22:15 AM
I'm from Belgium.

I bought a PS4 (which has been collecting dust lately).

Main reasons were the obvious (mandatory kinect, DRM, etc)

Something less obvious, was the way it was marketed. For example, the heavy focus on TV features which don't even work over here.
This alone convinced quite a few of the people I know that Microsoft simply wasn't aiming for them with the Xbox One, so they saw no reason to get one.

Some of my friends felt the same, a few others (2) didn't and went for an Xbox One with the intend on getting a PS4 in the future.
The to guys that did buy the Xbox One are a few years younger and did it mostly because they never owned a Playstation before and simply always went with Xbox.
They couldn't give any other reason.
#16cheezedadadaPosted 9/4/2014 9:30:45 AM
kidwgm posted...
TC you need to really stop putting "Good Read" in your topic titles. These topics are not good reads at all.

That's my favorite part haha. Whenever someone posts "good read", you expect it to be a copy/paste story from the internet (or a link), but he is deeming his own thread to be a good read. That's awesome!
---
XBL - cheezedadada / PSN - cheezedadadada
#17shauntenninePosted 9/4/2014 9:33:53 AM
kidwgm posted...
#18Zabie_WPosted 9/4/2014 9:38:07 AM
I'm from Spain, last gen I owned a 360 and a Wii.

If I had money to afford, first console I would buy would be the Wii U because I like my Nintendo Games (Right now I only play on my 3DS and also free games on my PC)

After that, I would buy a PS4. Reasoning is, both of those feel pretty much the same, they feel like clone products, they get pretty much the same games minus exclusives, getting both doesn't feel worth it.

Why would I get a PS4 instead of a XB1 then? Well, when I bought the XB360 it was getting tons of JRPGs, Lost Odyssey, Eternal Sonata, Tales of Vesperia etc. Some JRPGs ended up in both consoles and at the end of the day, PS4 got more of those, It was the wrong choice.

Knowing that I would have preference for the PS4. Then there's also the things that they explained at E3 (2013 I think it was) about "TV this, TV that, Netflix this, Netflix that" when I don't even know what the hell is Netflix and I get the feeling that all that TV stuff would not work on Spain, I don't see how it would work watching the NFL in here, let's not forget the timezone, it would be at a stupid hour of the day too.

My point is, from a European PoV, the Xbox1 has a lot of useless features. XB1 should have a really good exclusive for me to be remotely interested, the same applies to PS4, I don't ride the Hype Trains. I don't see a reason to play Destiny when I could just play Firefall on my PC, people hypes every single game is if it was the second coming of Jesus, and I don't buy that.

TL;DR If I bought a PS4 or XB1, I would go with the PS4 because of the JRPGs, the hype machine doesn't work on me and lol "this console has a better control" or "this console has a better UI" that's some strae grasping right there.
#19youngskillzPosted 9/4/2014 10:19:14 AM
euro will come around in time, first order is to win the usa.
---
Metal Bands -- Remaining Chaos, Ghoulchapel, Walking Across Jupiter, Widek, Deals Death, Mors Principium Est, Fleshgod Apocalypse, Godsire, Allegaeon.
#20Tajaz2426Posted 9/4/2014 10:20:30 AM
This cat puts (good read) on his own topic, not even a journal entry, case study, anything of any validity.
---
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem.
Ronald Reagan, PotUS