Xbox one = 2014 dreamcast

#121aj4x94Posted 9/4/2014 4:18:31 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omjySV9M7wo&t=1m18s
---
Playing: Half Life 2, Mirror's Edge, Vampire The Masquerade, System Shock 2, Borderlands 2, Splinter Cell
PSN: T-Snake94, XBL: T-Snake 94, Steam ID: T_Snake94
#122Eijin-FD3SPosted 9/4/2014 4:23:01 PM
Hey I don't know about you but I still play my dreamcast...
---
PSN: ClutchAnderson 3DS FC: 0361 8036 6693
#123IceHuskyPosted 9/4/2014 4:25:25 PM
NateRose89 posted...
Bigboss86 and icehusky cant be real can they? They're freaking caricatures.

No more real than the delusional PS4 fanboys that infest the Xbox One boards. Are you one of those delusional PS4 fanboys, NateRose89?
---
My Game Collection: http://vgcollect.com/icewolf
An original gamer since 1980
#124hak145Posted 9/4/2014 4:58:51 PM
hak145 posted...
you answered your own question. it's marketing. Sony marketed ps4 as THE gaming machine to get which is what people wanted. Microsoft's first reveal was dedicated solely to multi media capabilities, mainly television in an era where you can live entirely off of your mobile phone/computer for your entertainment needs(my opinion at least. i dont really need cable when I have the internet). This allowed Sony to hammer down the point that the ps4 is THE gaming console to get with no competition in that regard.

Why do you think the xbox 360 was able to gain such huge market penetration? they did what sony is doing now. The only difference was that the playstation brand by name alone was strong enough to recover from their blunder(in no small part thanks to the ps2.) Xbox brand doesn't have that luxury

Point is it doesn't matter what there actually doing now or likely what they will do in the future. People already have it stuck in there heads that "I want to game. Ps4 it is! I might check out the xbox one though in the future.".

thoughts anyone?
---
Gamertag XL: CRAZYjump, PSN: CRAZIERjump
Winner: Dark Souls.....2, Honorable Mentions: Fallout 3, Gears of War, Left 4 Dead, Dead Space, Bioshock
#125Masterchief5525Posted 9/4/2014 5:01:13 PM
Exodus_Prime posted...
trenken posted...
Dreamcast? Its selling very well, and tracking ahead of the PS3 and 360! If you manage to sell 5 million of a $500 console in 7 months, you did something right.

The PS4 sold much more for 2 big reasons, it was cheaper for many months, and its in 40 more countries! X1 is $400 now, and launching in many other countries, some of which the 360 sold very well in, so they are gonna be fine.

Not to mention the fact that MS has a market value of 375 billion, while Sony's market value is equal to a potato.

I like potatoes.

---

As do I
---
i7-4770k | AMD Radeon HD 7990 | 8gb G.Skill 1600mhz | 2TB WD HDD | Asus Z87-A
#126Miiri0Posted 9/4/2014 5:25:35 PM
Ps4 just a better console for gaming. Xbone is for tv, but there are so many better and cheaper tv box alternative out there.
#127leatheljPosted 9/4/2014 6:03:37 PM
Please let this topic die.
---
"Gamers hate change. Unless there is no change. Then they hate sameness. Gamers hate games."
#128Miiri0Posted 9/4/2014 6:39:40 PM
Kupo_Mog_Kupo posted...
Laylow12 posted...
Dreamcast was a beloved console. The XBOX ONE Is the opposite, just look at Japan launch. Two people bought them in the whole country...TWO!

Laylow12 posted...
Dreamcast was a beloved console. The XBOX ONE Is the opposite, just look at Japan launch. Two people bought them in the whole country...TWO!

Oh be realistic instead of acting stupid. The numbers are more than likely bad but you know more than 2 people bought it. The success of the Xbox line has never had anything to do with Japan.

The guy who get it first didn't even have to freaking que. Its so ROFL moment. Haha. This is truely dead on arrival.
#129B1GB0SS_86Posted 9/4/2014 7:51:08 PM
Miiri0 posted...
Kupo_Mog_Kupo posted...
Laylow12 posted...

Laylow12 posted...

Oh be realistic instead of acting stupid. The numbers are more than likely bad but you know more than 2 people bought it. The success of the Xbox line has never had anything to do with Japan.

The guy who get it first didn't even have to freaking que. Its so ROFL moment. Haha. This is truely dead on arrival.

Ok dreamcast was a beloved console only after it died and people were able to get one for less than 100 bucks but before then you got talked about for choosing that over ps2. Back then everyone was on the sony bandwagon including me. I didnt buy a dreamcast til like 2002 but i loved it. It had some of the best games and people know that now. Its the same with Xbox one. People will bash every exlusive they get and the system but if it dies and is 99.99 people wil buy it and say wow this is a good system i wish they made more games. This is just how people are nowdays. I wanted a ps4 at first but i looked into what it had for the future and the launch games and they have nothing im interested in. I got Xbox one for the games and the extra features because thats what i like. About 90 percent of the people i know that have ps4 got because the next person got it. I mean its so bad that i remember around Christmas my lil cousin specifically told my aunt he wanted an Xbox one so she goes to gamestop to get one. The guy working there told her u couldnt play used games on it and that graphics were better on ps4 and its 100 bucks cheaper so she bought into it and got it for him.
#130Grenade LauncherPosted 9/4/2014 10:44:31 PM(edited)
Disagree. The Dreamcast was a good console.

Mjs903 posted...
Talking to your xbox to wake it up, snapping the tv while you play.. These are things we dreamed of years ago.

Aaaahahahahahah! Nope.
---
Herp Derp Merp Blerp
Grenade launcher is quality too. - Okikurmi