Xbox one = 2014 dreamcast

#21Mjs903(Topic Creator)Posted 9/4/2014 7:10:01 AM
I compare xbox one to dreamcast because its innovative and trailing in sales. Not because of actual numbers.
#22FlameKishinPosted 9/4/2014 7:11:20 AM
Dreamcast also paved the way for online on consoles, and had the cool save card thing. Xbox One's "innovations" are a terrible spycam no one wanted with barely-functioning voice controls.

I own an Xbox One and a PS4, and I have more than double the games on PS4 (8) compared to Xbox One (3), not counting digital games which skew the number more.

As far as exclusives for Xbox One, right this very moment all it has for me is KI. Titanfall was overhyped, but it's ok. Going to get MCC later this year, and excited about Phantom Dust and Halo 5.
#23IceHuskyPosted 9/4/2014 7:14:08 AM(edited)
trenken posted...
AbstraktProfSC2 posted...
i dont understand it either. I keep looking for reasons for buying a PS4. Call me old fashioned but I actually want one for the exclusives. Like the good ol SNES/Sega gen
What makes the PS4 better other than "BETTTER GRAPHIX AND HIGHER RES RATEZ!" when I cant even tell a noticeable difference from what ive seen.

eh. I prefer the exclusives on the xb1

Most of us here do. The X1 has stronger exclusives. I waited 8 months for Sony to sell me on the PS4. Ive owned every sony console, but Im skipping the PS4 for at least 2 years. The exclusive lineup is garbage.

I love Uncharted 1/2 but 3 was crap and key ND team members left. Losing interest in that franchise. Couldnt care less about Demons Souls, and there's pretty much nothing else but obscure japanese games that wont sell in the US that I have 0 interest in.

But between now and next holiday there is a lot of X1 exclusives Im very interested in. Sunset, Halo Collection, Halo 5, Quantum Break, Tomb Raider, Scalebound, Crackdown, Phantom Dust... quite a bit more appealing to me thats for sure.

Agreed to all of this.

I was unfortunately one of those people who mistakenly bought into the hype of the PS4 and was ultimately let down after I bought my PS4 back in Feburary. I ended up selling my PS4 console and getting a Xbox One instead once I saw the direction the PS4 was heading and how MS changed the error of their ways from the Xbox One announcement. Owning an Xbox console is a first for me since I was a PS gamer up until now, but damn...Sony is so out-of-touch with what gamers want it is ridiculous! Whereas Microsoft is at least trying to give us high quality games from what they have released so far and have shown in the last E3 shows. I really do not know why people are refusing to see how the Xbox One is a better console, when it comes to games, compared to the PS4; which every title that is currently out and will be out in 2014 is average at best, including The Last of Us, which is overrated garbage.

Microsoft is listening to their fans and adapting the Xbox One to how gamers want it to be. Whereas Sony is just in their own world and doing what's best for them. **** the PS4!!!
---
My Game Collection: http://vgcollect.com/icewolf
An original gamer since 1980
#24Mjs903(Topic Creator)Posted 9/4/2014 7:16:17 AM
FlameKishin posted...
Dreamcast also paved the way for online on consoles, and had the cool save card thing. Xbox One's "innovations" are a terrible spycam no one wanted with barely-functioning voice controls.

I own an Xbox One and a PS4, and I have more than double the games on PS4 (8) compared to Xbox One (3), not counting digital games which skew the number more.

As far as exclusives for Xbox One, right this very moment all it has for me is KI. Titanfall was overhyped, but it's ok. Going to get MCC later this year, and excited about Phantom Dust and Halo 5.

Maybe titanfall isnt for you but as a shooter is wayy better than killzone. Even as far as online ratings go. Your opinion is fine i just dont understand you say the only innovative thing xbox does is a spycam. You can snap tv or an app while playing your game! Turn the system on with your voice! Come on.. Lol.
#25WebsandWigsPosted 9/4/2014 7:16:43 AM
This just goes to show how much price of a console matters, because honestly thats the only thing the PS4 had over the X1, at least in the eyes of the average consumer.

I agree there isn't a single exclusive on the PS4 that interests me, so it having slightly better graphics is irrelevant. Honestly I wonder if maybe the X1 will start coming out on top in a few years time, since MS is willing to pay for exclusives much more
---
"Loudly tell people at the store you want to play Kirby Squeak Squad." - HeroicSomaCruz on being an 30 year old gamer
#26IceHuskyPosted 9/4/2014 7:18:20 AM(edited)
FlameKishin posted...

I do not know why you are bringing this up since the Kinect is no longer relevant anymore with the Kinect-less bundle. Get over it dude, MS has moved on. You should too. It's not good for your health to hold onto such asinine anger. lol XD
---
My Game Collection: http://vgcollect.com/icewolf
An original gamer since 1980
#27X_F_L_A_W_XPosted 9/4/2014 7:17:57 AM
Mjs903 posted...
Just a personal opinion.. But i dont get what everyone sees in the PS4. It came out cheaper and was marketed better yes, but i feel the system lacks everywhere else besides graphics. And who cares about graphics when youre getting the same old crap just with better graphics?? The PS4 is selling double for wat? Infamous? Killzone? Last of us remastered? All you have is Injustice imo. And that is also a remake.

Xbox one is losing its identity because its not taking the pressure from the media well. Sony handled the negative pressure from the media very well during the PS3 run i gotta say. But i just dont understand how xbox one is doing better than ps4 right now. Deadrising 3, titanfall, forza 5, killer instinct. Those titles should sell a system alone. Talking to your xbox to wake it up, snapping the tv while you play.. These are things we dreamed of years ago.

I feel its like watching the Sega dreamcast all over again. The online play, 2k sports games, great exclusives, etc and no one wanted to hear it.

But to each their own.

Aside from Titanfall, which I agree was a great system seller before ending up on PC and the 360, everything you listed falls into the category of "same old crap just with better graphics" (at least they should if you count Infamous and Killzone, or any other sequel if you're generalizing that much). Neither console has a huge must-have title on it yet IMO, and that's fine, those games usually take a few years to release, and I'm positive by 2016 both consoles are going to have more than a handful.

People were sour over the XB1 reveal, and some still are. It might not be so much that people are still holding it against them now, but if 1 or 2 people decided to get a PS4 early, their friends might be inclined to do the same to play together, leading to the gap we have now. I think the XB1 is going to sell pretty consistently throughout its life cycle, while the PS4 may slow down in the later years, kind of like reversing the roles of last-gen consoles.

There's not going to be 1 "saving grace" for the XB1, it's going to be a slow accumulation of really good exclusives and a few must-have titles that will keep it afloat, especially now that the whole launch fiasco has died down. I don't ever see this going the way of the Dreamcast, the only similarities between the 2 are the XB1 having features that not everyone was ready for, at least not in a mandatory sense.There's no reason to worry about the console, though, it's doing great comparatively speaking.
---
We all give up eventually...
#28Xeeh_BitzPosted 9/4/2014 7:19:26 AM
kennyynnoo posted...
Wonder how butthurt trolls will be when Sony says they're done doing consoles due to financial reason and xbox buys out some of the few good developers they have and the end of this generation. Fyi Dreamcast sold 8.2 million in its lifetime, xbox isn't a year old and beyond halfway to matching those number with billions to back it if needed. But I do consider the PS4=dreamcast meaning we will see it's exclusive games sold on other consoles because they're quitting the console business due to the debt Sony itself is in as a whole.

http://news.cnet.com/Dreamcast-sales-hit-1-million-in-North-America/2100-1040_3-233527.html

In just a few months, the Dreamcast sold just as well as the Xbox One did, also..

8.2 million

Sept 1999 is when it launched, it was discontinued March 2001, it sold 8.2 million in 1.5 years

Lets see 5 million in 10 months = 500k avg per month for X1

8.2 million in 18 months = 456K a month for Dreamcast

See how identical they really are?
---
3770K | 780 Ti x 2
Steam: Xeeh Origin: TurboPeasant
#29Mjs903(Topic Creator)Posted 9/4/2014 7:20:12 AM
They shouldnt have given up on the kinect tho and just handled the negative backlash better. Because now they have a great game in Dance central out thats a waste instead of being a huge financial gain for them. Besides that the xbox fitness app is one of the greatest apps put out next gen so far and should be a sole reason to have a kinect alone. Just not marketed well. Ps cameras were selling like crazy months ago and these ps owners dont even have anything to do with that peripheral.
#30slowdog76Posted 9/4/2014 7:21:16 AM
ugh. this again

i have yet to see one person throw the dreamcast into a discussion here that actually has the slightest clue about the console and its "failure" (using the term loosely). it is a very lazy comparison.
---
I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand.
Confucius