Xbox one = 2014 dreamcast

#31IceHuskyPosted 9/4/2014 7:27:03 AM(edited)
X_F_L_A_W_X posted...
Mjs903 posted...
Just a personal opinion.. But i dont get what everyone sees in the PS4. It came out cheaper and was marketed better yes, but i feel the system lacks everywhere else besides graphics. And who cares about graphics when youre getting the same old crap just with better graphics?? The PS4 is selling double for wat? Infamous? Killzone? Last of us remastered? All you have is Injustice imo. And that is also a remake.

Xbox one is losing its identity because its not taking the pressure from the media well. Sony handled the negative pressure from the media very well during the PS3 run i gotta say. But i just dont understand how xbox one is doing better than ps4 right now. Deadrising 3, titanfall, forza 5, killer instinct. Those titles should sell a system alone. Talking to your xbox to wake it up, snapping the tv while you play.. These are things we dreamed of years ago.

I feel its like watching the Sega dreamcast all over again. The online play, 2k sports games, great exclusives, etc and no one wanted to hear it.

But to each their own.

Aside from Titanfall, which I agree was a great system seller before ending up on PC and the 360, everything you listed falls into the category of "same old crap just with better graphics" (at least they should if you count Infamous and Killzone, or any other sequel if you're generalizing that much). Neither console has a huge must-have title on it yet IMO, and that's fine, those games usually take a few years to release, and I'm positive by 2016 both consoles are going to have more than a handful.

People were sour over the XB1 reveal, and some still are. It might not be so much that people are still holding it against them now, but if 1 or 2 people decided to get a PS4 early, their friends might be inclined to do the same to play together, leading to the gap we have now. I think the XB1 is going to sell pretty consistently throughout its life cycle, while the PS4 may slow down in the later years, kind of like reversing the roles of last-gen consoles.

There's not going to be 1 "saving grace" for the XB1, it's going to be a slow accumulation of really good exclusives and a few must-have titles that will keep it afloat, especially now that the whole launch fiasco has died down. I don't ever see this going the way of the Dreamcast, the only similarities between the 2 are the XB1 having features that not everyone was ready for, at least not in a mandatory sense.There's no reason to worry about the console, though, it's doing great comparatively speaking.

I know this is just your opinion, but you must not like games then with what Microsoft has in store for us this Fall and the titles we've received since launch. >_>

TitanFall
Forza 5
Forza 2: Horizon
Sunset Overdrive
Killer Instinct
Dead Rising 3
Halo: Masterchief Collection
Ori and the Blind Forest

and probably more that I am forgetting about that all prove you wrong, as far as high quality 8th generation games go. What do PS4 owners have to look forward to this Fall? An overrated PS3 remaster title and a bunch more indie titles? People are buying into the promise of the PS4 and so far Sony has failed to deliver on that promise. At least Microsoft is giving us better, 8th generation games at a faster pace than what the PS4 is receiving.
---
My Game Collection: http://vgcollect.com/icewolf
An original gamer since 1980
#32Mjs903(Topic Creator)Posted 9/4/2014 7:24:29 AM
The dreamcast was ahead of its time and failed to sell well over the power house that was Sony at the time. Hence the comparison.
#33FlameKishinPosted 9/4/2014 7:26:15 AM
Mjs903 posted...
FlameKishin posted...
Dreamcast also paved the way for online on consoles, and had the cool save card thing. Xbox One's "innovations" are a terrible spycam no one wanted with barely-functioning voice controls.

I own an Xbox One and a PS4, and I have more than double the games on PS4 (8) compared to Xbox One (3), not counting digital games which skew the number more.

As far as exclusives for Xbox One, right this very moment all it has for me is KI. Titanfall was overhyped, but it's ok. Going to get MCC later this year, and excited about Phantom Dust and Halo 5.

Maybe titanfall isnt for you but as a shooter is wayy better than killzone. Even as far as online ratings go. Your opinion is fine i just dont understand you say the only innovative thing xbox does is a spycam. You can snap tv or an app while playing your game! Turn the system on with your voice! Come on.. Lol.

Titanfall's ok and all, I do enjoy it, but it was nowhere near as good as it was hyped to be. And I can watch TV without cutting my system on, and don't need voice commands to cut my console on.
#34Mjs903(Topic Creator)Posted 9/4/2014 7:26:16 AM
No one was comparing it as a "failure". Did u even read my topic message?
#35Xeeh_BitzPosted 9/4/2014 7:27:13 AM
IceHusky posted...
X_F_L_A_W_X posted...
Mjs903 posted...
Just a personal opinion.. But i dont get what everyone sees in the PS4. It came out cheaper and was marketed better yes, but i feel the system lacks everywhere else besides graphics. And who cares about graphics when youre getting the same old crap just with better graphics?? The PS4 is selling double for wat? Infamous? Killzone? Last of us remastered? All you have is Injustice imo. And that is also a remake.

Xbox one is losing its identity because its not taking the pressure from the media well. Sony handled the negative pressure from the media very well during the PS3 run i gotta say. But i just dont understand how xbox one is doing better than ps4 right now. Deadrising 3, titanfall, forza 5, killer instinct. Those titles should sell a system alone. Talking to your xbox to wake it up, snapping the tv while you play.. These are things we dreamed of years ago.

I feel its like watching the Sega dreamcast all over again. The online play, 2k sports games, great exclusives, etc and no one wanted to hear it.

But to each their own.

Aside from Titanfall, which I agree was a great system seller before ending up on PC and the 360, everything you listed falls into the category of "same old crap just with better graphics" (at least they should if you count Infamous and Killzone, or any other sequel if you're generalizing that much). Neither console has a huge must-have title on it yet IMO, and that's fine, those games usually take a few years to release, and I'm positive by 2016 both consoles are going to have more than a handful.

People were sour over the XB1 reveal, and some still are. It might not be so much that people are still holding it against them now, but if 1 or 2 people decided to get a PS4 early, their friends might be inclined to do the same to play together, leading to the gap we have now. I think the XB1 is going to sell pretty consistently throughout its life cycle, while the PS4 may slow down in the later years, kind of like reversing the roles of last-gen consoles.

There's not going to be 1 "saving grace" for the XB1, it's going to be a slow accumulation of really good exclusives and a few must-have titles that will keep it afloat, especially now that the whole launch fiasco has died down. I don't ever see this going the way of the Dreamcast, the only similarities between the 2 are the XB1 having features that not everyone was ready for, at least not in a mandatory sense.There's no reason to worry about the console, though, it's doing great comparatively speaking.

I know this is just your opinion, but tou must not like games then with what Microsoft has in stores for us this Fall and the titles leading up since launch. >_>

TitanFall
Forza 5
Forza 2: Horizon
Sunset Overdrive
Killer Instinct
Dead Rising 3
Halo: Masterchief Collection
Ori and the Blind Forest

and probably more that I am forgetting about all prove you wrong, as far as high quality 8th generation games go. What does the PS4 have besides indie titles to look forward to this Fall? An overrated PS3 remaster title and a bunch of indie titles? People are buying into the promise of the PS4, but so far Sony has failed to deliver on.

Yeah, but after this year you have nothing until Holiday 2015, an entire year of drought while Sony has something to release all year of 2015.

Now stare at that list you wrote, Titanfall = failed, DR3 is on PC now. Halo MCC is just a remaster of old overrated game, Ori and the Blind Forest is an indie game, as you just talked s*** about.
---
3770K | 780 Ti x 2
Steam: Xeeh Origin: TurboPeasant
#36Mjs903(Topic Creator)Posted 9/4/2014 7:28:38 AM
You can also watch netflix using a laptop, cell device, ipad, roku, chromecast, and smart tv but you choose to use a gaming console right? Youre already integrating entertainment with your console. Why not integrate the whole experience? Sounds like a win to me.
#37Kupo_Mog_KupoPosted 9/4/2014 7:31:33 AM(edited)
Except MS is far from in trouble like Sega was(and yes I read what you wrote in the opening post).
---
http://i.imgur.com/yrlM3sD.gif
#38Mjs903(Topic Creator)Posted 9/4/2014 7:30:23 AM
See i dont get why ps fans talk so bad about titanfall and how it failed. I play it all the time and it was a lot better than killzone.
#39IceHuskyPosted 9/4/2014 7:38:41 AM(edited)
Xeeh_Bitz posted...

Yeah, but after this year you have nothing until Holiday 2015, an entire year of drought while Sony has something to release all year of 2015.

Now stare at that list you wrote, Titanfall = failed, DR3 is on PC now. Halo MCC is just a remaster of old overrated game, Ori and the Blind Forest is an indie game, as you just talked s*** about.

Um...go watch Microsoft's E3 Press Conference again. Let's see for 2015 we have: Fable Legends, Crackdown, Quantum Break, Halo 5: Guardians, Phantom Dust and Scalebound. Those are only the titles that have been announced so far in 2015. More might get announced for 2015 too, which I believe they will. What has Sony announced for 2015 that isn't an indie title or a PS3 remaster title? Bloodborne? lol

Edit: Also, I only brought up Ori and the Blind Forest despite it being an indie title because MS isn't relying on them like Sony is doing with the PS4. So therefore, it can be included as a game to look forward too.
---
My Game Collection: http://vgcollect.com/icewolf
An original gamer since 1980
#40LorneMaIvoPosted 9/4/2014 7:34:14 AM
trenken posted...
The PS4 sold much more for 2 big reasons, it was cheaper for many months, and its in 40 more countries

That excuse would hold up if the PS4 wasn't still outselling the Xbox One since the price drop, and the fact that if you remove those extra countries, PS4 would still be outselling the Xbox One, since, you know, the PS4 outsells it in every country they're both in.
---
Proof I post facts and don't break the ToS ~ http://i.imgur.com/flCIqfN.png ~ http://i.imgur.com/eAnOe5l.png