Forget Japan, the only market X1 needs to win is NA

#1Megamushroom666Posted 9/4/2014 7:53:56 AM
Think about it, 360 basically tied PS3 last gen (83 million) with the bulk of its sales coming from NA. 360 sold squat in Japan and still managed to tie PS3 globally.

So all X1 needs to do again is corner the NA market, and it will with games like Halo: Master Chief Collection and Halo 5. Americans love Halo so those games will be the turning point for X1. Forget Japan.
---
'Deep into that darkness peering...'
Snackeroo.com
#2Cosmic_DiabeticPosted 9/4/2014 7:55:33 AM
ties... what is this soccer? we go until someone gets defeated.
---
Others find humanity by looking in their own hearts. Only lost souls need to search for it outside themselves."
#3spacejamjordanzPosted 9/4/2014 7:55:34 AM
Europe?
---
"You know you've spotted a fanboy when they simply can not concede that anything is worthwhile on the other console"~ Evel138
#4MuryoPosted 9/4/2014 7:56:48 AM
And the MSDF damage controlling begins.........
---
Miiverse: Muryoken
PSN: Muryoken
#5MetroidFan9999Posted 9/4/2014 7:56:57 AM
Your forgetting the 360 had a year head start, and also was cheaper for a good 1-2 years after the PS3 launched. This is the main reason it did so well.

I agree MS needs to focus on the NA to even get anywhere, but they don't have that type of benefit they had last generation (a year head start + word of mouth got them places).
---
For a good laugh - http://misterxmedia.livejournal.com/
#6AzaneAzerPosted 9/4/2014 8:07:06 AM
America is beating China in population, because only NA matters, TAKE THAT CHINA
#7OmecronBlazorPosted 9/4/2014 8:11:16 AM
Can someone from here make this clear for me? Do sales of the Xbone matter or not? I tend to see alot of going back and forth given the situation...
---
The Official Chauffeur of the Final Fantasy XV Board
'With Playstation 4, we are building memories. With Xbawks, we are building an illusion.' - embrandedone
#8redditon4chanPosted 9/4/2014 8:14:20 AM
OmecronBlazor posted...
Can someone from here make this clear for me? Do sales of the Xbone matter or not? I tend to see alot of going back and forth given the situation...

For the console itself? Of course not. Nope. Never. Until it surpasses the competition, I'm sure.

For games? Yes. Absolutely. Who cares if PS4 gets more games. They don't sell as well as Halo!
#9MrJuice13Posted 9/4/2014 8:15:14 AM
OmecronBlazor posted...

If its selling more than the PS4, it matters. Otherwise its just salty ponies and something something console war crap.
---
The power of Macleod!
#10MetroidFan9999Posted 9/4/2014 8:17:35 AM(edited)
redditon4chan posted...
OmecronBlazor posted...

For the console itself? Of course not. Nope. Never. Until it surpasses the competition, I'm sure.

For games? Yes. Absolutely. Who cares if PS4 gets more games. They don't sell as well as Halo!

It's a funny thing on this board.

Hardware sales apparently don't matter now. Game Quality is still determined by game sales, but graphics apparently don't matter because gameplay is the only thing that matters...except game sales, that matters more.

1080p matters when it's implemented, pointless when it isn't.
---
For a good laugh - http://misterxmedia.livejournal.com/