Forget Japan, the only market X1 needs to win is NA

#11kyncaniPosted 9/4/2014 8:21:55 AM
Megamushroom666 posted...

Forget NA, the only market X1 needs to win is just one state, any state.
#12dnmtPosted 9/4/2014 8:23:41 AM
kyncani posted...

It outsold the PS4 by about 5k that one time in December, isn't that enough???
#13Tsukasa1891Posted 9/4/2014 8:34:02 AM
MetroidFan9999 posted...
redditon4chan posted...
OmecronBlazor posted...
Can someone from here make this clear for me? Do sales of the Xbone matter or not? I tend to see alot of going back and forth given the situation...

For the console itself? Of course not. Nope. Never. Until it surpasses the competition, I'm sure.

For games? Yes. Absolutely. Who cares if PS4 gets more games. They don't sell as well as Halo!

It's a funny thing on this board.

Hardware sales apparently don't matter now. Game Quality is still determined by game sales, but graphics apparently don't matter because gameplay is the only thing that matters...except game sales, that matters more.

1080p matters when it's implemented, pointless when it isn't.

You forgot to add, that the only thing PS4 has going for it are remasters. Yet the Halo MCC remaster is going to be what saves the X1 and wins the console war.
---
Old topic part 2.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/562926-rip-off/45688657
#14Tajaz2426Posted 9/4/2014 8:38:21 AM
It outsold the PS4 in my city the night the X1 was released. There, now you can claim victory and the war is over.

Now let's move on.
---
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem.
Ronald Reagan, PotUS
#15chickenlardPosted 9/4/2014 8:41:00 AM
Tsukasa1891 posted...
MetroidFan9999 posted...
redditon4chan posted...
OmecronBlazor posted...
Can someone from here make this clear for me? Do sales of the Xbone matter or not? I tend to see alot of going back and forth given the situation...

For the console itself? Of course not. Nope. Never. Until it surpasses the competition, I'm sure.

For games? Yes. Absolutely. Who cares if PS4 gets more games. They don't sell as well as Halo!

It's a funny thing on this board.

Hardware sales apparently don't matter now. Game Quality is still determined by game sales, but graphics apparently don't matter because gameplay is the only thing that matters...except game sales, that matters more.

1080p matters when it's implemented, pointless when it isn't.

You forgot to add, that the only thing PS4 has going for it are remasters. Yet the Halo MCC remaster is going to be what saves the X1 and wins the console war.

Yeah, good luck with that. Halo is not going to sell 6 million consoles.
#16kyncaniPosted 9/4/2014 9:05:23 AM
dnmt posted...
kyncani posted...

It outsold the PS4 by about 5k that one time in December, isn't that enough???

It also outsold the PS4 a week or two some time around May I think :/
#17trenkenPosted 9/4/2014 9:10:14 AM
MetroidFan9999 posted...
Your forgetting the 360 had a year head start, and also was cheaper for a good 1-2 years after the PS3 launched. This is the main reason it did so well.

I agree MS needs to focus on the NA to even get anywhere, but they don't have that type of benefit they had last generation (a year head start + word of mouth got them places).

Wrong. Even after the ps3 was cheaper, the 360 outsold the ps3 in the US for 30 straight months in 2012 and 13. Try and pull an excuse out of your salty ass for that one.

Bottom line is the playstation is not as popular in the US as you think. Only reason ps4 got that lead was it was cheaper for many months, and it was in 40 more countries.
---
WiiU | CygnusZero ///// 3DS | 1504-5688-7256
PS3 | CygnusZero
#18youngskillzPosted 9/4/2014 9:11:44 AM
it is true, usa is all what matters right now.

xbox will top ps4 sooner or later.

then can start on europe ect.
---
Metal Bands -- Remaining Chaos, Ghoulchapel, Walking Across Jupiter, Widek, Deals Death, Mors Principium Est, Fleshgod Apocalypse, Godsire, Allegaeon.
#19RybalPosted 9/4/2014 10:24:43 AM
trenken posted...
Bottom line is the playstation is not as popular in the US as you think. Only reason ps4 got that lead was it was cheaper for many months, and it was in 40 more countries.

How, then, would you explain the fact that the PS4 is STILL outselling the Xbox One in the US each and every month, even with the X1's price reduction and inclusions of pack-in games? I think that it is more popular than you seem to think.

I also think that you're overestimating the impact of those other countries on sales. If MS felt that expanding to the T2/3 countries earlier would have had an effect, they would have done so. They've shown that they'll ship without voice commands already, so they could have done so in those cases as well. MS hasn't outsold Sony in any of those countries in the past and they probably didn't expect that to change with this generation.

However, my belief as to why the PS3 was outsold by the 360 so consistently in the US was marketing and momentum. By the time that the PS3 was reasonably affordable, everyone else already had a 360. If your friends all have one system and you are trying to decide between two, you're going to choose the one that your friends have.

Momentum is huge, but it takes a while to get to that type of dominance in this industry. The PS4 is currently on its way, but it probably needs a 10M sales gap in the US to get to that level of momentum here, which gives the X1 a chance to catch up. I do think that the X1 can close the sales gap in the US over time, but it would take a fairly major miracle for them to overtake the PS4 worldwide.
---
I HATE seeing incorrect information, regardless of whether it is my preferred system.
PSN: Rybal_81
#20MetroidFan9999Posted 9/4/2014 10:48:06 AM
trenken posted...
MetroidFan9999 posted...
Your forgetting the 360 had a year head start, and also was cheaper for a good 1-2 years after the PS3 launched. This is the main reason it did so well.

I agree MS needs to focus on the NA to even get anywhere, but they don't have that type of benefit they had last generation (a year head start + word of mouth got them places).

Wrong. Even after the ps3 was cheaper, the 360 outsold the ps3 in the US for 30 straight months in 2012 and 13. Try and pull an excuse out of your salty ass for that one.

LOL when was the PS3 ever cheaper? Wrong on your part, buddy. 360 only every outsold the PS3 worldwide was when it A.) Had the head start, and B.) When it was cheaper than the PS3.

But you are missing a key point in my initial argument - momentum. 360 had all the momentum in the US to do better simply BECAUSE of the price differentials and head start. MS had control the entire generation. Sony only gained ground in the territories it does historically better in, that is how it caught up in worldwide figures.

They do not have that now at all, the momentum is on the other side of the court even in the US.

Please tell me how X1 releasing in more countries helps the US sales? Please tell me why the US sales for X1 are still worse than PS4 even when they have the same price?

I'm dying to know your excuses for this one, because it is simply laughable the anger and salt you are showing (doubly so that you are trying to claim I'm salty, lmao).
---
For a good laugh - http://misterxmedia.livejournal.com/