It's time to forgive Microsoft and move on

#1GalvatronType_RPosted 9/4/2014 9:59:47 AM
I own all three gen 8 consoles. I purposely bought the 4 new and Bone used to stick it to Microsoft but in the interim, I'm ready to give Microsoft another chance.

Why? Ever since that empty suit Mattrick left, Bone's value proposition has shot up (no more apps behind the Gold paywall, unbundled Connect with lower price, lots of system updates, more embracement of smaller indie games, etc.). I'll even admit that Microsoft was somewhat right about Connect, it does have a few useful features including switching channels via voice when watching TV.

While the 4 is still my favorite, Bone is a close second and I'm more optimistic about its future and the healthy competition it provides in the market.
#2EllesarienPosted 9/4/2014 10:07:56 AM
Not going to work. The world runs off hate nowadays. It is the fuel for the modern age.
---
I will try and see it from your point of view, but I doubt we'll be able to fit both our heads up there.
#3AWarAmp84Posted 9/4/2014 10:13:12 AM
Ellesarien posted...
Not going to work. The world runs off hate nowadays. It is the fuel for the modern age.

This is so true. This is the generation of me, me, me we're in.
---
Not taking Gamefaqs seriously since 2004. Gamefaqs mods are a joke.
#4glassghost0Posted 9/4/2014 10:14:45 AM
>"Connect"

Just stop
---
http://imgur.com/PvllFT5
3DS FC: 3067-4989-8122
#5IceHuskyPosted 9/4/2014 10:23:19 AM
I forgave MS once they undid all of their original implementations with the Xbox One. That's the difference between PS4 fanboys and people like me: we're mature enough to move on with our lives instead of harboring hate and ill will towards a gaming company who made a miscalculation with their audience. At least now MS is listening to their fans, unlike Sony who thinks they know what gamers want with the deluge of indie titles and PS3 remasters; which is a lie.
---
My Game Collection: http://vgcollect.com/icewolf
An original gamer since 1980
#6JoeBudden42Posted 9/4/2014 10:30:40 AM
I can't forgive them if they've never wronged me... I mean I don't trust Microsoft for s***... but I like playing their games.
---
Hip-Hop has never been the same since '88,
Since it became a lucrative profession, there's a misconception that a movement in any direction is progression.
#7GalvatronType_R(Topic Creator)Posted 9/4/2014 10:41:31 AM
glassghost0 posted...
>"Connect"

Just stop

No.
#8dnmtPosted 9/4/2014 10:54:21 AM(edited)
Truly, all reasons to actively avoid the Xbone are gone. Now MS just needs to provide a reason to choose it over the PS4.
#9kyncaniPosted 9/4/2014 10:58:53 AM
GalvatronType_R posted...
While the 4 is still my favorite, Bone is a close second and I'm more optimistic about its future and the healthy competition it provides in the market.

While the Xbox One is very far from being my favorite which is the PS4, I still have more hope for the Xbox One than the Wii U.

Wii U Land is just No Third Party Land right now :'(

Except for Bayonetta 2 :)
#10quincy2000aPosted 9/4/2014 10:59:42 AM
GalvatronType_R posted...
I own all three gen 8 consoles. I purposely bought the 4 new and Bone used to stick it to Microsoft but in the interim, I'm ready to give Microsoft another chance.

Why? Ever since that empty suit Mattrick left, Bone's value proposition has shot up (no more apps behind the Gold paywall, unbundled Connect with lower price, lots of system updates, more embracement of smaller indie games, etc.). I'll even admit that Microsoft was somewhat right about Connect, it does have a few useful features including switching channels via voice when watching TV.

I'm not the forgive and forget type. If I catch you in lies and I figure you stole $100 from me, we are going to have issues.

Replaced all my X1 game versions with PS4 copies. After I bang on SO awhile, will probably sell my Day One.

I think they lost me this gen.
---
"Correct. Xbox One is Kinect." Microsoft VP
Really...seems this Day One Edition purchaser was "Madoff-ed by Microsoft."