Warframe is surprisingly decent

#11DaLaggaPosted 9/4/2014 3:05:18 PM
holden4ever posted...
Are you even playing the same game? The controls are f***ing terrible. So what if it plays like a dream on pc. This isn't on pc, it's on a console and the controls on console are f***ing atrocious.

There is nothing wrong with the controls. The only problem is that the game is too fast paced and requires too much timing and precision to be played properly with a controller. That isn't the game's fault, that's the fault of the controller. Let renowned console developers like Bungie or Naughty Dog design the controls and it's not going to be any better unless they were to deliberately dumb the game down and that's never a good option.
#12werkz_destroyzPosted 9/4/2014 3:05:42 PM
Controls need work.
---
Gt: werkz destroyz
#13slowdog76Posted 9/4/2014 3:05:53 PM
im enjoying it, and if boomerang dont send me destiny, im not going to lose sleep over it
---
I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand.
Confucius
#14holden4everPosted 9/4/2014 3:14:08 PM(edited)
DaLagga posted...
holden4ever posted...
Are you even playing the same game? The controls are f***ing terrible. So what if it plays like a dream on pc. This isn't on pc, it's on a console and the controls on console are f***ing atrocious.

There is nothing wrong with the controls. The only problem is that the game is too fast paced and requires too much timing and precision to be played properly with a controller. That isn't the game's fault, that's the fault of the controller. Let renowned console developers like Bungie or Naughty Dog design the controls and it's not going to be any better unless they were to deliberately dumb the game down and that's never a good option.

There's plenty wrong with the controls. Clunky aiming, poor button mapping and just overall sluggish controls. Turning the sensitivity up doesn't help either, it actually makes it worse. If it wasn't designed to be played with a controller then it should never have been released on console. Also, not the game's fault but the controller? What a load of crap. The developers made a s*** game and you want to blame it on a controller that works with every other game released on console so far?
---
http://thebulldogs.com.au/media/logo_2010.png http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j137/holden4ever/ripqld.jpg
#15Xeeh_BitzPosted 9/4/2014 3:13:49 PM
I was in the beta for it on PC a couple years ago and it wasn't that good. It was cool for an hour or so but never got into it. I have a buddy who absolutely loves it tho, spends hundreds of hours playing it. (PS4 and PC)
---
3770K | 780 Ti x 2
Steam: Xeeh Origin: TurboPeasant
#16RuinerEraserPosted 9/4/2014 3:14:29 PM
DaLagga posted...
holden4ever posted...

Considering the dead zone in Warframe is half the radius of the control stick, this is not a controllers problem. This is bad programming. Period. If games like SOCOM had a 1:1 deadzone. So can this game. It's a clunky mess and it has nothing to do with a controller.
---
GT: Lazer Ape
Currently Playing: Diablo 3, Dead Rising 3
#17DaLaggaPosted 9/4/2014 3:21:03 PM
holden4ever posted...
There's plenty wrong with the controls. Clunky aiming,

What's wrong with the aiming? You move a crosshair over an enemy and shoot. I think the reason you don't like the aiming is because there's not enough aim assist and the game is too fast paced. In other words, the aiming is hard because an analog stick sucks for speed, precision, and accuracy and Warframe hasn't been sufficiently dumbed down for a controller to make the aiming easier.

poor button mapping

What's wrong with the button mapping? Seems pretty standard for this type of game.

and just overall sluggish controls.

The only thing that is going to make the controls sluggish is a lot of input latency. So unless there's a latency issue (which I don't think there is), I don't see how the controls are any more sluggish than they are on the PC (and on PC, they're extremely fluid).

Turning the sensitivity up doesn't help either, it actually makes it worse. If it wasn't designed to be played with a controller then it should never have been released on console.

My point is, I think they did the best job they could with the controls. Just because a controller isn't good enough to properly control the game isn't the developer's fault. Of course, I think another factor to consider is that most console shooters/action games tend to be dumbed down by design for a controller so playing something higher tier is a new experience for some people. Give it a chance, play more, and you'll get better.

Besides, a lot of people on consoles are going to want to play it anyway. So it's a bit selfish to think that just because your controls are inadequate that the game shouldn't exist on consoles at all.
#18TwistedxL3G3NDPosted 9/4/2014 3:21:32 PM
Clunky controls but at least playable, I played it for like an hour a couple days ago and it crashed when I started a mission. I restarted the game and came back to all my progress lost, haven't played it since.
---
Hey guise look at my PC specs I'm sure you all care!
#19RuinerEraserPosted 9/4/2014 3:23:29 PM
TwistedxL3G3ND posted...
Clunky controls but at least playable, I played it for like an hour a couple days ago and it crashed when I started a mission. I restarted the game and came back to all my progress lost, haven't played it since.

This is exactly what made me delete the game off my HD hah. I guess it's a common problem.
---
#20RuinerEraserPosted 9/4/2014 3:25:54 PM
DaLagga posted...
holden4ever posted...
There's plenty wrong with the controls. Clunky aiming,

What's wrong with the aiming? You move a crosshair over an enemy and shoot. I think the reason you don't like the aiming is because there's not enough aim assist and the game is too fast paced. In other words, the aiming is hard because an analog stick sucks for speed, precision, and accuracy and Warframe hasn't been sufficiently dumbed down for a controller to make the aiming easier.

poor button mapping

What's wrong with the button mapping? Seems pretty standard for this type of game.

and just overall sluggish controls.

The only thing that is going to make the controls sluggish is a lot of input latency. So unless there's a latency issue (which I don't think there is), I don't see how the controls are any more sluggish than they are on the PC (and on PC, they're extremely fluid).

Turning the sensitivity up doesn't help either, it actually makes it worse. If it wasn't designed to be played with a controller then it should never have been released on console.

My point is, I think they did the best job they could with the controls. Just because a controller isn't good enough to properly control the game isn't the developer's fault. Of course, I think another factor to consider is that most console shooters/action games tend to be dumbed down by design for a controller so playing something higher tier is a new experience for some people. Give it a chance, play more, and you'll get better.

Besides, a lot of people on consoles are going to want to play it anyway. So it's a bit selfish to think that just because your controls are inadequate that the game shouldn't exist on consoles at all.

PFFT don't give me that. Socom had zero aim assist and was one of the top played FPS on PS. It had a perfect aim set up with no dead zone. This game has the biggest dead zone I have ever come across in an FPS. It's a complete joke. The jumping is a floaty mess.

Make a solid argument against the giant dead zone and I'll maybe think you know what you're talking about.
---