Warframe is surprisingly decent

#21holden4everPosted 9/4/2014 2:30:18 PM
You really have no f***ing clue, do you? It's not the controller that is to blame, it's the developer who made this s***. If that's the best they could do then they need to find another job because their best sucks. It has nothing to do with games being dumbed down. It's a s*** game with s*** controls made by s*** developers.
---
http://thebulldogs.com.au/media/logo_2010.png http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j137/holden4ever/ripqld.jpg
#22RuinerEraserPosted 9/4/2014 2:34:20 PM
holden4ever posted...
You really have no f***ing clue, do you? It's not the controller that is to blame, it's the developer who made this s***. If that's the best they could do then they need to find another job because their best sucks. It has nothing to do with games being dumbed down. It's a s*** game with s*** controls made by s*** developers.

Plus I watched a video of all the devs of this game. They all have man boobs...I can't respect that.
---
GT: Lazer Ape
Currently Playing: Diablo 3, Dead Rising 3
#23DaLaggaPosted 9/4/2014 2:40:07 PM
RuinerEraser posted...
PFFT don't give me that. Socom had zero aim assist and was one of the top played FPS on PS. It had a perfect aim set up with no dead zone. This game has the biggest dead zone I have ever come across in an FPS. It's a complete joke. The jumping is a floaty mess.

Make a solid argument against the giant dead zone and I'll maybe think you know what you're talking about.

Socom was also an incredibly slow paced game with very slow moving enemies where it was obscenely easy to hit a target. As for the deadzone, I couldn't say. It wasn't anywhere near as bad as what you're describing on the PS4 anyway. And what is wrong with the jumping? Again, it's fast paced. You need to be quick and precise with your jumps and make rapid camera movements to hit your targets. But again, I can see how that would be very hard with a controller since an analog stick sucks for quick and precise movements.

With a M&K I can pull off all kinds of fun stuff with no issues at all. My favorite move is to do a sliding spin slash in mid air and then perform a ground strike on the way down. Works wonders against groups of Corpus because you're able to take out their shield bots with the spin and knock the whole group out on the way down. But again, I imagine stuff like that would be almost impossible to pull off with any degree of precision or regularity with a controller - no matter how well designed the controls are.

Hence why pretty much every 3rd person action game on console is either slow paced or has massive amounts of lock-on and aim assist. Heck, Dark Souls for example has the virtue of being both slow paced and still massively dumbed down with lock-on. All because they designed the game for a controller which really limits what you should be able to do.
#24uniquebadger(Topic Creator)Posted 9/4/2014 2:42:57 PM
So much hate for a free game. Also i don't really see the problem with the controller mapping, could you explain why this is a huge issue?
#25N3xtG3nGam3rPosted 9/4/2014 3:49:17 PM
Lol, I got this on steam a little over a year ago. Played with KB/M for a while and then switched to my 360 controller. No problems using the controller on my PC, so I have no idea what the hell happened when moving it to consoles, but the controls for a controller over a year ago were perfectly fine. I normally got most kills and did best overall against team mates that used KB/M so everything you guys are saying is beyond me...

Sucks for console only owners.
---
ASUS p8h61-M (Rev 3.0) | Intel CORE i3 2100 | 8GB Dual-Channel DDr3 | 500GB HDD | 600w PSU | nVidia GTX 770 4GB GDDr5
#26Reece504Posted 9/4/2014 4:16:57 PM
holden4ever posted...
Are you even playing the same game? The controls are f***ing terrible. So what if it plays like a dream on pc. This isn't on pc, it's on a console and the controls on console are f***ing atrocious.

you can map the buttons honestly the controls arent that bad guys its kinda like halo shoulder button melee lt zoom and rt shoot other typical layout click in left stick to sprint y button to change weapons a button to wall run and jump whats wrong?

maybe its the frame drops that make it seem clunky like movement but the controls are fine
---
PSN:Knickyknucklez 360:Kn1ckyknucklez Wii-U:KnickyKnucklez
#27stargazer1981Posted 9/4/2014 4:20:12 PM
I hate the uber nerdy names for objects, weapons, people and factions. Seems like the devs were trying too hard to make their game different. Plus the main baddie looks like he's wearing a bonnet made out of rubbery meat.

But the game itself is a blast to play, for sure.
---
'We are both atheists. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.'
#28Laylow12Posted 9/4/2014 4:25:19 PM
Don't you guys just love indie games?

I know I do. In fact, the more the better!

---
The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin
#29jc349Posted 9/4/2014 4:52:09 PM
sounds like some people need to git gud.
#30chris0009Posted 9/4/2014 5:00:50 PM
Lmao laylow doesnt even know what an indie game is.

Hint not this