Warframe is surprisingly decent

#31TonyRodrigues76Posted 9/4/2014 5:01:31 PM
I think this game is not worth the Hard drive space it takes up. I can't remember having such a hard time controlling a game.

Free or not it's garbage and to think I have seen posts on here comparing to destiny ya sure when the destiny beta was ten times better then this full game.
#32holden4everPosted 9/4/2014 5:28:06 PM
Reece504 posted...
holden4ever posted...
Are you even playing the same game? The controls are f***ing terrible. So what if it plays like a dream on pc. This isn't on pc, it's on a console and the controls on console are f***ing atrocious.

you can map the buttons honestly the controls arent that bad guys its kinda like halo shoulder button melee lt zoom and rt shoot other typical layout click in left stick to sprint y button to change weapons a button to wall run and jump whats wrong?

maybe its the frame drops that make it seem clunky like movement but the controls are fine

Remapping doesn't help. The main controls, the ones that make you move and aim, are s***. Framerates have zero to do with the controls being garbage.
---
http://thebulldogs.com.au/media/logo_2010.png http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j137/holden4ever/ripqld.jpg
#33RuinerEraserPosted 9/4/2014 5:36:21 PM
Nobody knows what a dead zone is in this thread lol. People just talking about controls they know nothing about.

Remapping has NOTHING to do with anything. Tight controls are not tight because you can remap a button. It has to do with..that..at all.
---
GT: Lazer Ape
Currently Playing: Diablo 3, Dead Rising 3
#34baodeusPosted 9/4/2014 6:15:22 PM
DaLagga posted...
holden4ever posted...
There's plenty wrong with the controls. Clunky aiming,

What's wrong with the aiming? You move a crosshair over an enemy and shoot. I think the reason you don't like the aiming is because there's not enough aim assist and the game is too fast paced. In other words, the aiming is hard because an analog stick sucks for speed, precision, and accuracy and Warframe hasn't been sufficiently dumbed down for a controller to make the aiming easier.

poor button mapping

What's wrong with the button mapping? Seems pretty standard for this type of game.

and just overall sluggish controls.

The only thing that is going to make the controls sluggish is a lot of input latency. So unless there's a latency issue (which I don't think there is), I don't see how the controls are any more sluggish than they are on the PC (and on PC, they're extremely fluid).

Turning the sensitivity up doesn't help either, it actually makes it worse. If it wasn't designed to be played with a controller then it should never have been released on console.

My point is, I think they did the best job they could with the controls. Just because a controller isn't good enough to properly control the game isn't the developer's fault. Of course, I think another factor to consider is that most console shooters/action games tend to be dumbed down by design for a controller so playing something higher tier is a new experience for some people. Give it a chance, play more, and you'll get better.

Besides, a lot of people on consoles are going to want to play it anyway. So it's a bit selfish to think that just because your controls are inadequate that the game shouldn't exist on consoles at all.

I think the camera is more of a problem than the controller. If you play ninja gaiden, metal gear rising, bayonetta, or DMC (these games are more fast pace than warframe), you see that the camera zoom out more so you can see the action better allowing better reaction. Warframe camera zoom in more so you cant see Much ( try to do a charge attack with the blade and your body take up most of the screen, cant see where u are going). The camera works for 3rd person shooter, but not for fast pace hand combat.

Do they have the option to change the camera perspective?

They could also add a custom button layout as well (I don't know if they actually have it already)
#35VirobotPosted 9/4/2014 6:17:35 PM
holden4ever posted...
Are you even playing the same game? The controls are f***ing terrible. So what if it plays like a dream on pc. This isn't on pc, it's on a console and the controls on console are f***ing atrocious.

Opinions =\= fact.

Game is great, and worth a try since it's free. I've played close to 50 hours so far. Very fun.
---
PSN/Steam:Jareski
This is a PSX: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PSX_(video_game_console) |||| It's not a PS1!!!!!!!!
#36N3xtG3nGam3rPosted 9/4/2014 6:55:25 PM
RuinerEraser posted...
Nobody knows what a dead zone is in this thread lol. People just talking about controls they know nothing about.

Remapping has NOTHING to do with anything. Tight controls are not tight because you can remap a button. It has to do with..that..at all.

Did u not read my earlier post? There were no problems for me using my controller last year on PC (which if any version would have terrible controller controls, it'd be the PC version). I'm actually downloading Warframe again right now to make sure I wasn't hallucinating. Will get back to this thread after I re-install and play a bit.

If you stop and think, most console gamers (even though dead-zone really is only on controller joy-pads and maybe joy-sticks) wouldn't know what it is because altering/modifying the dead-zone mostly applies to optimizing controller input which is done on PC. That, and most console shooters are set up well to begin with, mostly because the FPS's everyone typically play are AAA titles, or are built on a pre-built engine like Unreal or CryEngine.
---
ASUS p8h61-M (Rev 3.0) | Intel CORE i3 2100 | 8GB Dual-Channel DDr3 | 500GB HDD | 600w PSU | nVidia GTX 770 4GB GDDr5
#37DarthUchiha91Posted 9/4/2014 7:07:20 PM
Yea, I'm gonna play the game again to make sure, because I don't recall ever having problems with the controls on the ps4.
---
Nobody likes you, you're ugly and your mother dresses you funny. Now smile, you $%^&ing douche.
#38chedibang1994Posted 9/4/2014 7:24:32 PM
DarthUchiha91 posted...
Yea, I'm gonna play the game again to make sure, because I don't recall ever having problems with the controls on the ps4.

He just sucks at the game I played this game for 40 hours and I damn sure haven't been running into the problems he has, he makes it seem like we are playing superman 64
---
Sony for the gamers!!!! More fun on xbox one!!!! Wii u!!!! The devil is a lie!!!! By Ricky Rosay
#39ssj954vegitoPosted 9/4/2014 7:57:46 PM
My only complaint is the buttery looseness of the sticks at times and some input delay.
---
Proud to be EPic.
You ever notice that everything in the universe spins?
#40holden4everPosted 9/4/2014 9:10:19 PM
chedibang1994 posted...
DarthUchiha91 posted...

He just sucks at the game I played this game for 40 hours and I damn sure haven't been running into the problems he has, he makes it seem like we are playing superman 64

It might as well be Superman 64. It's hardly my fault you support useless developers that can't even get simple controls right. Just because you settle for crap doesn't mean the rest of us will. Being free doesn't excuse how s*** this is.
---
http://thebulldogs.com.au/media/logo_2010.png http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j137/holden4ever/ripqld.jpg