Huge flop in Japan

#1Mindwipe77Posted 9/4/2014 12:09:44 PM
https://games.yahoo.com/blogs/plugged-in/xbox-one-s-japan-launch-is-a-flop-165539335.html

does not look good for jrpg's on this console, looks like they will mostly stay on ps4 this gen, shame
---
Xbox has the worst fanboys in all of gaming
"All the significant breakthroughs were breaks with old ways of thinking."
#2Xeeh_BitzPosted 9/4/2014 12:16:08 PM
"Honestly speaking, we haven't sold a single Xbox yet today. The Xbox has never been a big-seller, but we would expect a few customers on the release day," one shop clerk told The Hollywood Reporter."

That is horrible
---
3770K | 780 Ti x 2
Steam: Xeeh Origin: TurboPeasant
#3dnmtPosted 9/4/2014 12:20:44 PM(edited)
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
"Honestly speaking, we haven't sold a single Xbox yet today. The Xbox has never been a big-seller, but we would expect a few customers on the release day," one shop clerk told The Hollywood Reporter."

That is horrible

Hooooly crap. Did the Japanese just not see Titanfall or something??
#4AWarAmp84Posted 9/4/2014 12:21:10 PM
I was never a big fan of JRPG's anyway so it doesn't affect me.
---
Not taking Gamefaqs seriously since 2004. Gamefaqs mods are a joke.
#5NSGraphitePosted 9/4/2014 12:23:09 PM
I'll be honest. i expected a luke-warm reaction from japanese gamers, pretty much like all people did. but this?

Bizarre as hell. are consoles thbat dead in japan. this makes me fear for the future.
---
My last signature got erased, so I put this here instead.
#6Xillin1Posted 9/4/2014 12:23:22 PM
This was to be expected, from what I heard they didn't even bother advertising in Japan.

They just brought over the consoles and hope they sell eventually.

Japan has never been huge on western games so the console really doesn't appeal to them because it generally only has boom-fest games that only appeals to a dudebro style american audience.
#7kungfuj0Posted 9/4/2014 12:23:58 PM
dnmt posted...
Xeeh_Bitz posted...

That is horrible

I don't think the Japanese care that much about shooters. Probably one of Xbox's biggest problems over there. It's lineups are always shooter-heavy, and they are trying to sell to a country that by and large doesn't like shooters. This isn't rocket science.
---
Sometimes I honestly think that Online is the WORST thing that ever happened to gaming.
#8Xillin1Posted 9/4/2014 12:25:31 PM
NSGraphite posted...
I'll be honest. i expected a luke-warm reaction from japanese gamers, pretty much like all people did. but this?

Bizarre as hell. are consoles thbat dead in japan. this makes me fear for the future.

Consoles are alive and well in Japan. Wii and PS4 are selling just fine.

The Japanese just have no love for western style games that the Xbox tends to be overtly heavy on.
#9BurgerNogPosted 9/4/2014 12:27:09 PM
In other Japan gaming news, 102984560906461365476870315468469431153168451654784 Nintendo 3DS's were sold before lunch.
---
In Hoc Signo Vinces
#10fretless58Posted 9/4/2014 12:28:16 PM
dnmt posted...
Xeeh_Bitz posted...

That is horrible

They knew about Titanfall. They either bought it on PC, or possibly got it with a super-cheap 360.
---
http://fretless94.deviantart.com/