Huge flop in Japan

#11redditon4chanPosted 9/4/2014 12:28:54 PM
NSGraphite posted...
Bizarre as hell. are consoles thbat dead in japan. this makes me fear for the future.

Why exactly?

Mobile gaming and handhelds have been the noise in Japan for quite a while now.
#12boolzeroPosted 9/4/2014 12:28:58 PM
Do we really need another topic about this? You. Old have posted this in one if the other hundred topics that already exist. It's getting hard to find a discussion about anything else other than this because everyone feels they need to have their own topic open about the same subject instead of already using the hundred other already open!

This is becoming beyond annoying!
---
Death is a dish best served with gravy...
#13Tajaz2426Posted 9/4/2014 12:30:42 PM
I didn't expect this, I am still assuming maybe a 100k or so for the rest of the week, perhaps. However, a month ago all the topics started were stating that preorders were through the roof and some places had the X1 out selling the PS4 in it's first day. People on this board were excited and talking trash. I honestly thought they would hit a 250k release day.

However, that didn't happen. Anyway, we don't need anymore topics on this guys. At this point it is becoming apparent trolling and even though i know some of you guys, it is getting ridiculous.

I laugh at any company that tanks, only because it is hilarious when I big company like MS or Sony says, "yeah the console is going to sell great"and then they both have been flops in Japan.

Anyway these companies don't care for the gamers, it has even gotten so bad MS is offering to pay for a free game for you, to go along with a bundle that gives you a free game. However, this guy actually started a topic saying that MS is doing because it loves it's consumers. Well the question was posed if they were doing it out of love, "why are they only doing it for people buying a new console and not everyone that owns one?".

It was so epic, anyway guys, let's give it a rest. I also have to give credit to MetroidFan, as I believe he is the one who posed the question, guys.

Good day, ladies and gents.
---
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem.
Ronald Reagan, PotUS
#14Exodus_PrimePosted 9/4/2014 12:31:04 PM
Topic #55.

---
---
Bungie's "Destiny" Has Reached A New Level Of Gaming
(Only On Multi Consoles)
#15MoreLemonPledgePosted 9/4/2014 12:31:05 PM
Xillin1 posted...
NSGraphite posted...
I'll be honest. i expected a luke-warm reaction from japanese gamers, pretty much like all people did. but this?

Bizarre as hell. are consoles thbat dead in japan. this makes me fear for the future.

Consoles are alive and well in Japan. Wii and PS4 are selling just fine.

The Japanese just have no love for western style games that the Xbox tends to be overtly heavy on.

WiiU and PS4 are selling far from fine.

PS4 is selling around 5 - 6K every week fighting with the PS3. Those are extremely low numbers, it was dangerously close to trailing behind the Dreamcast.

WiiU is selling 8k to 9k every week. While this is better than what it used to sell, these numbers are nowhere near fine. It's more along the lines of "meh".
---
A piece of hardware is only dead when the company gives up on it. P.S, Indie shovelware doesn't count as support.
#16Exodus_PrimePosted 9/4/2014 12:32:52 PM
MoreLemonPledge posted...
Xillin1 posted...
NSGraphite posted...
I'll be honest. i expected a luke-warm reaction from japanese gamers, pretty much like all people did. but this?

The Japanese just have no love for western style games that the Xbox tends to be overtly heavy on.

PS4 is selling around 5 - 6K every week fighting with the PS3. Those are extremely low numbers, it was dangerously close to trailing behind the Dreamcast.

WiiU is selling 8k to 9k every week. While this is better than what it used to sell, these numbers are nowhere near fine. It's more along the lines of "meh".

Watch out you're gonna get called a troll for that...

----
---
Bungie's "Destiny" Has Reached A New Level Of Gaming
(Only On Multi Consoles)
#17Xillin1Posted 9/4/2014 12:33:42 PM
Xillin1 posted...
NSGraphite posted...

This is in line with the previous generation. In japan a lot of games are still in development for the PS3 and coming out. If things were out of sorts we would be hearing the same calamitous news about Sony and Nintendo that we are about X1.
#18MoreLemonPledgePosted 9/4/2014 12:39:41 PM
Xillin1 posted...
Xillin1 posted...
NSGraphite posted...

This is in line with the previous generation. In japan a lot of games are still in development for the PS3 and coming out. If things were out of sorts we would be hearing the same calamitous news about Sony and Nintendo that we are about X1.

No, it's not. Maybe the PS3, because of it's poor reception at launch. But the Wii did better than both of these consoles are doing now.

Keep going back a couple of generations and you will see that the situation never got as dire as this. The console market in Japan is dying.
---
A piece of hardware is only dead when the company gives up on it. P.S, Indie shovelware doesn't count as support.
#19bonewiperPosted 9/4/2014 12:40:41 PM
The X360 didn't see either, what was MS thinking?
#20RMT-Posted 9/4/2014 12:44:10 PM
both systems need japanese games, just that the x1 is way less likely to get them. Just as the japanese wouldn't buy a system with dudebro only games, a lot of americans wouldn't buy a system with jrpg only games