Huge flop in Japan

#21ExempliGratiaPosted 9/4/2014 12:45:59 PM
bonewiper posted...
The X360 didn't see either, what was MS thinking?

They probably figured " hey as long as we are out there something will get sold eventually."

Also this topic was as necessary as the others on the same subject. Why do people care about Japan so much like the Xbox One ever had a chance there? Was the 360 a huge seller?
---
Xbox Live Gamertag :ShottaSteveUrkel PSN: Hollaatmyfoot PSNvita: ExempliaGratia
#22kyncaniPosted 9/4/2014 12:58:19 PM
Tajaz2426 posted...
I didn't expect this, I am still assuming maybe a 100k or so for the rest of the week, perhaps. However, a month ago all the topics started were stating that preorders were through the roof and some places had the X1 out selling the PS4 in it's first day. People on this board were excited and talking trash. I honestly thought they would hit a 250k release day.

Just so you know, we're looking at much less than 100k Xbox One sold in the next six months, including day one sales, first week sales and all that.
#23slyman19Posted 9/4/2014 1:04:35 PM
I can't see why they even launched there. The PS4 is a massive flop there too. That should have told them it wasn't worth it.
#24redditon4chanPosted 9/4/2014 1:07:56 PM
slyman19 posted...
I can't see why they even launched there. The PS4 is a massive flop there too. That should have told them it wasn't worth it.

Then they get blasted by a vocal minority for not releasing there. Its a lose/lose, honestly.
#25Tajaz2426Posted 9/4/2014 1:08:13 PM
kyncani posted...
Tajaz2426 posted...
I didn't expect this, I am still assuming maybe a 100k or so for the rest of the week, perhaps. However, a month ago all the topics started were stating that preorders were through the roof and some places had the X1 out selling the PS4 in it's first day. People on this board were excited and talking trash. I honestly thought they would hit a 250k release day.

Just so you know, we're looking at much less than 100k Xbox One sold in the next six months, including day one sales, first week sales and all that.

Probably, I was guessing it would have done a lot better. I really didn't expect for this to happen, but oh well, they are a big company I can only laugh at them for not knowing.

It is funny as heck sometimes when I big company fails like MS an Sony. It is a little win for the little fellas. Haha.
---
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem.
Ronald Reagan, PotUS
#26trenkenPosted 9/4/2014 1:15:17 PM
Ps4 and wii u flopped there too. Asian gamers are really, really into tablets right now. Like really.
---
WiiU | CygnusZero ///// 3DS | 1504-5688-7256
PS3 | CygnusZero
#27HowatizerPosted 9/4/2014 1:19:22 PM
I am confused, what is with this trend of well known Sony fanboys pretending they care?
---
It is fortunate to be favored with praise and popularity. It is dire luck to be dependent on the feelings of your fellow man.- The Havamal
#28MoreLemonPledgePosted 9/4/2014 1:19:23 PM
trenken posted...
Ps4 and wii u flopped there too. Japanese gamers are really, really into tablets right now. Like really.

I had to fix that.

The Japanese market isn't really like other Asian markets. Look at places like China and Korea, where PC gaming rules supreme.
---
A piece of hardware is only dead when the company gives up on it. P.S, Indie shovelware doesn't count as support.
#29kennyynnooPosted 9/4/2014 1:22:52 PM
slyman19 posted...

You have to show you exist to get Japanese developers interest in you. Why, I don't know, I don't think xbox needs JRPG.
---
Own: Xbox one, 360, ps3, Wii
Japanese people are as broke as Sony, they're not buying an x1 any time soon, get over it.
#30SythisTaruPosted 9/4/2014 1:24:04 PM
Not Microsoft's fault that Japan is racist.