EA's worst effort yet

#1KryingKetchupPosted 9/4/2014 2:40:54 PM(edited)
NHL 15 is an absolute mess. I don't think EA will get away with it. How can you not have a DRAFT in Be a GM mode? No editing of players? The no simulating until next shift in Be a Pro mode is terrible...literally have to SIT on the bench and watch until you get to play again.

Modes/Features

No GM Connected
No Online Team Play (when this is patched into the game later this year, it will use real NHL players and teams)
No EA Sports Hockey League
No EA Sports Arena
No Online Shootouts
No Live the Life
No Be A Legend
No Winter Classic
No tournaments or Battle for the Cup
No season mode (you can only play seasons in Be A GM, which is limited to NHL teams)
No NHL 94 Anniversary mode
No custom music support
No create-a-play designer
Cannot customize each team's AI
No create-a-team
No way to edit individual players
Practice mode is now limited to one skater vs. an AI goalie

Gameplay

No custom camera option
No Action Tracker replay highlights
No Top 3 Stars at the end of games.

Be A GM
Yearly draft is fully automated by the CPU
Cannot play the AHL games for your chosen franchise
Players sent down to the minors do not accumulate any season stats
No fantasy draft option
No preseason games

Be A Pro
No option to sim ahead to the next shift
You only play in the NHL; you cannot play for minor league teams
The Memorial Cup tryout period is gone. You now begin by picking an NHL team, or by letting a random CPU team draft you.
No All-Star game

Ultimate Team
Cannot play against your friends
No tournaments, solo challenges etc.
No mobile app
Auction house and lineup editor menus are a mess and take forever to navigate.
#2L96A1BOSSPosted 9/4/2014 2:43:17 PM
This is the xbox board and EA is god to this side of gaming.
---
Board User Level 34: Icon [-_-]
#3kennyynnooPosted 9/4/2014 2:43:26 PM
Wow good thing hockey is like my 5th favorite sport. Its all good I'm sure ea will release some of that on Dlc lol. Or they'll release a battlefield 4 arena....ala pga 15.
---
Own: Xbox one, 360, ps3, Wii
Japanese people are as broke as Sony, they're not buying an x1 any time soon, get over it.
#4kennyynnooPosted 9/4/2014 2:44:33 PM
L96A1BOSS posted...

No, we all know they suck for quality but guess what, nobody makes hockey or football but them so we accept it and move on.
---
Japanese people are as broke as Sony, they're not buying an x1 any time soon, get over it.
#5slowdog76Posted 9/4/2014 2:50:51 PM
im enjoying it. sorry
---
I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand.
Confucius
#6SPARTAN_D7Posted 9/4/2014 3:06:59 PM(edited)
No draft or AHL? Weak. What about when your be a pro is in the AHL, it just sims for you or they don't send you down? I didn't know any of that and now I'm reconsidering. Thanks.
---
Don't bro me if you don't know me.
#7NateRose89Posted 9/4/2014 3:19:06 PM
You clearly haven't played The Sims 4 yet.
---
PSN ID: rockstock89
#8MuryoPosted 9/4/2014 3:21:38 PM
kennyynnoo posted...
L96A1BOSS posted...

No, we all know they suck for quality but guess what, nobody makes hockey or football but them so we accept it and move on.

He didn't clarify if EA was a benevolent god or a deity of chaos and discord.
---
Miiverse: Muryoken
PSN: Muryoken
#9GRTooCoolPosted 9/4/2014 3:25:17 PM
My whole club is boycotting NHL15 this year. It's unreal that they took away more than half the game modes and features, going into next gen and still dare charge $60 for it. If people don't take a stand now, EA will keep doing this because they can.

And don't even buy it for the 360/PS3 either. It's a roster update from NHL 14 and they're still charging $60 for that too.
---
Anyone who supports DLC of any kind deserves a swift kick to the balls... repeatedly. Take a stand! Don't let companies take advantage of us!
#10kennyynnooPosted 9/4/2014 3:36:14 PM
GRTooCool posted...
My whole club is boycotting NHL15 this year. It's unreal that they took away more than half the game modes and features, going into next gen and still dare charge $60 for it. If people don't take a stand now, EA will keep doing this because they can.

And don't even buy it for the 360/PS3 either. It's a roster update from NHL 14 and they're still charging $60 for that too.

It'll get you no where or no hockey. Ask 2k hockey fans, ncaa basketball fans, mlb 2k fans. If it's not profitable they'll pull the plug and you'll get nothing.
---