EA's worst effort yet

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. EA's worst effort yet
9 months ago#11
L96A1BOSS posted...
This is the xbox board and EA is god to this side of gaming.

Who exactly are you speaking for? Definitely not me and I am sure most would agree that you would be near the last choice in representing the X1 boards.
---
It is fortunate to be favored with praise and popularity. It is dire luck to be dependent on the feelings of your fellow man.- The Havamal
9 months ago#12
KryingKetchup posted...
NHL 15 is an absolute mess. I don't think EA will get away with it. How can you not have a DRAFT in Be a GM mode? No editing of players? The no simulating until next shift in Be a Pro mode is terrible...literally have to SIT on the bench and watch until you get to play again.

Modes/Features

No GM Connected
No Online Team Play (when this is patched into the game later this year, it will use real NHL players and teams)
No EA Sports Hockey League
No EA Sports Arena
No Online Shootouts
No Live the Life
No Be A Legend
No Winter Classic
No tournaments or Battle for the Cup
No season mode (you can only play seasons in Be A GM, which is limited to NHL teams)
No NHL 94 Anniversary mode
No custom music support
No create-a-play designer
Cannot customize each team's AI
No create-a-team
No way to edit individual players
Practice mode is now limited to one skater vs. an AI goalie

Gameplay

No custom camera option
No Action Tracker replay highlights
No Top 3 Stars at the end of games.

Be A GM
Yearly draft is fully automated by the CPU
Cannot play the AHL games for your chosen franchise
Players sent down to the minors do not accumulate any season stats
No fantasy draft option
No preseason games

Be A Pro
No option to sim ahead to the next shift
You only play in the NHL; you cannot play for minor league teams
The Memorial Cup tryout period is gone. You now begin by picking an NHL team, or by letting a random CPU team draft you.
No All-Star game

Ultimate Team
Cannot play against your friends
No tournaments, solo challenges etc.
No mobile app
Auction house and lineup editor menus are a mess and take forever to navigate.

At which point in time did you think EA were a good company lately then?

I just find it hard to believe they're still operating.
9 months ago#13
We always say, "Oh, EA won't get away from this!", "Oh, EA messed up BF4!" And what do we do? Nothing. We still keep buying their games, and they still keep doing on what they do.
---
"Get down on your knees and cry!"
9 months ago#14
EA is looking to get back the worst company title..between this and the mess i have heard sims 4 is..they were being felt left out of the hate
9 months ago#15
this is hardly a unique thing to EA.....its a strange thing......sequels love to remove features(all genres are nearly universally guilty of this) and TV executives love to slash budgeting of successful shows....hell even the widely loved breaking bad had AMC wanting to cut the number of episodes for season 5 and the budget.....

it really boggles my mind how in TV if you are successful your budget gets axed and in video games your sequels lose features left and right.
9 months ago#16
Sounds about right to me. EA has been rolling like this for years. Except Fifa. They won't mess with the golden calf.

Don't be surprised if all of that ends up as premium content somewhere down the line.
---
"It's like people using the internet have never heard of the internet." - SadHillShowdown Gamefaqs member
9 months ago#17
Wow... This game is DOA. >_>

Seriously. A couple years ago, a week after I got Madden 13 I traded it in for Madden 12. NHL 15 looks worse than even that. By far. I was CONSIDERING getting it but now I won't. Thanks for the info.
---
Next up on the Packers' hit parade: Upcoming 2014 Season! GO PACK GO!
http://www.penthius.info
(edited 0 seconds ago)
9 months ago#18
If hockey fans had any sense they would be shouting for a hockey game from 2k Sports !! I`m serious. Everyone jumped ship and EA got a monopoly and this is exactly what you get when that happens. In the hockey it was a lot like the Sony vs Xbox we see now in the console war except it was Nhl2k series against Eanhl. The fans finally blotted the 2k series out of existence and now they are suffering the consequences.
9 months ago#19
swatkiller546 posted...
We always say, "Oh, EA won't get away from this!", "Oh, EA messed up BF4!" And what do we do? Nothing. We still keep buying their games, and they still keep doing on what they do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QcE5aDTszrY < faithful EA customers.

Same topics every year.
They might as well say EA robbed me! Will give them $60 again next year.
---
Few Favorites- Ninja gaiden 1-2, Colony Wars 1-3,Xenogears,MarioKart,Lunar 2 GTA:SA,S&K,FF6-7,Zanac,S.Metroid,SMB2,NFL2K5,Halo 2, NG2,Vanquish,Witcher 2.
(edited 0 seconds ago)
9 months ago#20
Unfortunately this thing will still sell like hot cakes in Canada. $70 + tax.........
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. EA's worst effort yet

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived