If you pre-ordered the Destiny Ghost Collector's Edition call your retailer and

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. If you pre-ordered the Destiny Ghost Collector's Edition call your retailer and
11 months ago#31
MicrosoftLover posted...
Preorder CANCELLED!

I just found this:

"...So far, over 6 million units in over 13 countries have been damaged of the PS4 Destiny CE Bundle. Also the 5 Xbox One Destiny CE Bundles purchased in the US have ALSO been damaged. My store just received 2 of those four damaged Xbox One Destiny CE bundles. I am disappointed. I called around and all other GameStops in my district are reporting the same thing. This is the end for Sony, as I prophesied! Without their precious Destiny, they are super doomed!" - David Goldman, Financial Analyst & 3pm to close shift at GameStop

---
GT - Typ3 O Negativ3
"Don't mistake lack of talent for genius"
11 months ago#32
TrickyPony posted...
Maybe Bungie sucks at packaging? When I went to buy Halo Wars (go ahead and laugh) at Target I had to return it because the collector's edition I bought (go ahead and laugh some more) had the plastic retainer that holds the disc in place snapped off allowing the disc to slide around. I had to buy the vanilla edition in it's place.

Why laugh? Halo Wars was an awesome RTS, especially for a console game.
---
GT: NE OBL1V1SCAR1S
11 months ago#33
TrickyPony posted...
Maybe Bungie sucks at packaging? When I went to buy Halo Wars (go ahead and laugh) at Target I had to return it because the collector's edition I bought (go ahead and laugh some more) had the plastic retainer that holds the disc in place snapped off allowing the disc to slide around. I had to buy the vanilla edition in it's place.

Bunige isn't responsible for packaging the product, the manufacturer is. Bungie just created the game. A gold/master copy is handed off to a manufacturer for mass production (usually somewhere in mexico, Canada, Chile, etc).

I also don't think it's uncommon for "pins" that hold a disk in place to be snapped. I've bought my share of media over the years with damaged pins: dvds, blu-rays, cd's, games. It doesn't necessarily mean the game disk is damaged, although i would say for people to double check the disk itself just to make sure.

This is the $150 version of the game you're referring to TC, right? Usually with these collectors editions the game disk is packaged with the statues etc, so I would assume it's on the manufacturer for how they actually packaged these.

I bought previous Halo collector editions and didn't have an issue with any of them. Sounds unfortunate for people who did buy this, considering how limited actually seems to be.
---
The Official Thunder Of The Killer Instinct Board
11 months ago#34
MicrosoftLover posted...
quigonzel posted...
MicrosoftLover posted...
quigonzel posted...
MicrosoftLover posted...
Preorder CANCELLED!

I just found this:

"...So far, over 6 million units in over 13 countries have been damaged of the PS4 Destiny CE Bundle. Also the 5 Xbox One Destiny CE Bundles purchased in the US have ALSO been damaged. My store just received 2 of those four damaged Xbox One Destiny CE bundles. I am disappointed. I called around and all other GameStops in my district are reporting the same thing. This is the end for Sony, as I prophesied! Without their precious Destiny, they are super doomed!" - David Goldman, Financial Analyst & 3pm to close shift at GameStop

Found from where?

Do you have a pen and paper?

Sure do.

I found it at your mom's house.

LOL!
11 months ago#35
I feel really bad for those people that were spending crazy amounts on eBay (well not so much because they will get their money back)....

Mostly I feel sorry for the sellers who are getting rear ended from this (whether eBay sellers or general retailers). As big as this release was known to be, they should have known better than to:

A) use shoddy packaging

B) use shoddy freight service

or

C) A & B
11 months ago#36
TrickyPony posted...

They do. Halo 2's limited edition tin case was ridiculous. Every copy had loose discs. I ended up returning it for a regular edition.
---
Xbox One dis-Kinected 6/9/14. Let that be a lesson to people. Vote with your wallet.
http://viper.shadowflareindustries.com/images/myroom/DSCN0220.JPG
11 months ago#37
Viper187666 posted...
TrickyPony posted...

They do. Halo 2's limited edition tin case was ridiculous. Every copy had loose discs. I ended up returning it for a regular edition.

I kind of remember that actually. I must have gotten lucky though. I still have my LE and the disks are perfectly secured.
---
RebelGameMaster: You can't say poop is better than french toast because some people like the taste of poop.
Wii, WiiU, 3DS, PS2, PS3, PS4, Vita, 360, XB1, PC
11 months ago#38
You know, Blu-ray discs have a ridiculously strong resin. If a disc is loose? There's likely not a single scratch.
---
The commercial says that Church isn't for perfect people, I guess that's why I'm an atheist.
11 months ago#39
TrickyPony posted...

Halo Wars was awesome...
---
*Opposing Pokemon leans in to your Pokemon*
"Your mom was a slutty Ditto, you have over 100 siblings with 6 different dads"
11 months ago#40
I did call my best buy and asked if they had their shipment of Destiny in and if they could check on them after I heard about damaged packages

The lady I talked to said she didn't have access to that info

So Idk if they will give me that info
---
1997 Toyota Supra 6-Speed Twin Turbo Targa Top - SOLD ($53,600)
2001 Toyota Celica 6-Speed GT-S - SOLD ($13,300)
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. If you pre-ordered the Destiny Ghost Collector's Edition call your retailer and

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived